HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kronwall by Washington

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
  #26
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,678
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Olli and Jussi aren't related.
Someone should sticky that piece of info somewhere. It's about the 10th time I've read someone say they are.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
  #27
1927
Maj. Conn Smythe
 
1927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brock, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
The loss of Kronwall will be felt by the Toronto Marlies. He was a good asset for the AHL team, but he should finally get a good shot with the Capitals. At least I am happy that Kronwall is getting his shot after all the good work he put in this year within the AHL.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
  #28
Gananoque
 
Gananoque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Someone should sticky that piece of info somewhere. It's about the 10th time I've read someone say they are.
They resemble each other, that much is certain. If you can't tell from their photos that they are related, then I guess I can't help you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg jussi.jpeg‎ (2.2 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpeg olli.jpeg‎ (1.7 KB, 300 views)

Gananoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
  #29
tim
Registered User
 
tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
After watching DC's abysmal defense last night, any new fresh blood defenseman is an improvement.

tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
  #30
soupisgoodfood
 
soupisgoodfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gananoque View Post
Bad move on Burke to try and sneak him through unnoticed.
No, I say good move on Burke in giving a player who deserves a shot a chance. Too bad we lost him, but previous management jerked this guy around too much.

soupisgoodfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
  #31
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gananoque View Post
He probably would have been picked up by Detroit anyways since his brother is already there. But Jokinen wasn't picked up by his brother Olli's club so maybe not.

Either way, good pick up for Washington. They badly needed the defensive help and he fits the bill nicely.

Bad move on Burke to try and sneak him through unnoticed.
When a player is on waivers I'm sorry to tell you that isn't sneaking him through...

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:39 PM
  #32
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gananoque View Post
They resemble each other, that much is certain. If you can't tell from their photos that they are related, then I guess I can't help you.
So if I look like a dude on the street we are cousins or brothers?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
  #33
0V3CHKiN
Registered User
 
0V3CHKiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I still think both these moves are designed to do 2 things...and secondly... stock up for a big trade later...
Bingo!

0V3CHKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
  #34
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,756
vCash: 500
So ends my whimsical thoughts of seeing Kronwall & Kronwall as a pairing.....

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
  #35
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Apologies if it's already been answered, but does a re-entry claim automatically constitute an NHL assignment?

What I mean is, could the Caps now assign him to Hershey w/o waiving him again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
So if Washington decides to send him to the minors (just for argument sake) does he have to clear waivers again? And if so is it at the reduced price that Washington is paying him from the re-entry (if a team decides to claim him)?
1. Kronvall is now exempt from waivers for 10 games or 30 days [whichever occurs first]; after that, he'd have to clear waivers to be sent down.
2. If Washington tried to send Kronvall down and he had to clear waivers [meaning we're in early March] and someone else claimed him [and that team wasn't Toronto], then Toronto would be splitting the cap hit and salary with that 3rd team and Washington would be off the hook. If Toronto claimed him, then they'd get him back and be responsible for his full salary and cap hit and Washington would be off the hook.
3. If Washington got him down to the minors and then tried to recall him this season, he'd have to re-clear waivers coming back up [even if it had been less than 10 games or 30 days since he was brought back up]; if he was claimed, then Toronto would be off the hook and Washington would be splitting the salary and cap hit with the claiming team.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
  #36
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
1. Kronvall is now exempt from waivers for 10 games or 30 days [whichever occurs first]; after that, he'd have to clear waivers to be sent down.
2. If Washington tried to send Kronvall down and he had to clear waivers [meaning we're in early March] and someone else claimed him [and that team wasn't Toronto], then Toronto would be splitting the cap hit and salary with that 3rd team and Washington would be off the hook. If Toronto claimed him, then they'd get him back and be responsible for his full salary and cap hit and Washington would be off the hook.
3. If Washington got him down to the minors and then tried to recall him this season, he'd have to re-clear waivers coming back up [even if it had been less than 10 games or 30 days since he was brought back up]; if he was claimed, then Toronto would be off the hook and Washington would be splitting the salary and cap hit with the claiming team.
Thanks for the update IB. It sounds like he's DC-bound for now, but I guess now we'll have some options come deadline day if we make any other moves.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
  #37
FrankM73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0V3CHKiN View Post
Bingo!
+25...

why 25 you ask? It's Chris Pronger's # in Anaheim!

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
  #38
C-A-P-S
Registered User
 
C-A-P-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gananoque View Post
They resemble each other, that much is certain. If you can't tell from their photos that they are related, then I guess I can't help you.
And by resemble you mean they're both white? They look nothing like each other.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
  #39
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
No. I have no idea where that idea came from.
I think he's thinking of RFA Offer Sheets:

If you sign a guy from an Offer Sheet, that player must stay on the team for an entire year.

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
  #40
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,140
vCash: 500
this is gonna come back to hurt TO. Great pick up for the caps. Enjoy him.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
  #41
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Woulda been nice for Phoenix to claim him, and waive Hale. San Antonio needs Dmen.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:52 PM
  #42
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacintyreFTW View Post
I think he's thinking of RFA Offer Sheets:

If you sign a guy from an Offer Sheet, that player must stay on the team for an entire year.
Not entirely correct. If a player is signed to an offer sheet, and
-- his prior team matches, that team cannot trade him for one year from the date they give notice that they're matching.
-- his prior team doesn't match, his new team could turn around and deal him without restriction - including back to his prior team.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
  #43
Redden Punches Faces*
 
Redden Punches Faces*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,596
vCash: 500
As it stands, the evidence for the Jokinen brothers infact being brothers is more substantive than the evidence against, IMHOMO.

Redden Punches Faces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
  #44
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupisgoodfood View Post
No, I say good move on Burke in giving a player who deserves a shot a chance. Too bad we lost him, but previous management jerked this guy around too much.
giving knownwall a chance to crack a nhl line up aside, this was a idiotic move, the leafs have next to NOTHING in the developmental department, so what do they do? they let one of the few prospects go that actually maybe had a shot at improving the team. either they didn't think he'd get picked up, wasn't worth keeping, or didn't want on the marlies anymore. i think burke dropped the ball hear big time, smells of when the leafs practically gave away jason smith for nothing, i can't fanthom why they'd give away a asset, or have guys like bell, and deaveraux wasting in the ahl?????????? i hope burke has better moves in the future.

rumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
  #45
The King 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
So if Washington decides to send him to the minors (just for argument sake) does he have to clear waivers again? And if so is it at the reduced price that Washington is paying him from the re-entry (if a team decides to claim him)?
Ya that would not make sense if he could be sent down by Washington. Should have to be offered back to the original team first IMO but I.m really not sure


The King 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
  #46
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Not entirely correct. If a player is signed to an offer sheet, and
-- his prior team matches, that team cannot trade him for one year from the date they give notice that they're matching.
-- his prior team doesn't match, his new team could turn around and deal him without restriction - including back to his prior team.
ohhh, so I see you are a walking NHL Regulation Rule Book very handy

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 05:39 PM
  #47
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 34,201
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
great pickup.... kinda depressing though, i thought he would have been good now he'll be good for someone else.

Porn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
  #48
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,104
vCash: 500
hahahaha owned

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:49 PM
  #49
EndlessNameless9319
@NBarry19
 
EndlessNameless9319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
Lmao.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:32 PM
  #50
AddMan3001
Don't poke the bear!
 
AddMan3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cambridge, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Meh. He could be a damn good 5-6 guy, but he was always too far down on the Leaf's depth chart to get any sort of real chance. Hate to see him go, but as others have said it'll be good to see him get a shot on an NHL team.

AddMan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.