HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

2009 Hart Trophy Winner?

View Poll Results: 2009 Hart Trophy Will Go To.....
Alexander Ovechkin 112 65.12%
Joe Thornton 5 2.91%
Tim Thomas 10 5.81%
Andrei Markov 1 0.58%
Pavel Datsyuk 6 3.49%
Other 38 22.09%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
This 'poll' is an agenda driven slam that is basically trolling. The thread should have been closed long ago. The OP's words after only prove it. And OP, you really need not have bothered. HF is so biased and anti-Pen that Malkin could not even win a poll on the favorite for the Art Ross Trophy.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
This 'poll' is an agenda driven slam that is basically trolling. The thread should have been closed long ago. The OP's words after only prove it. And OP, you really need not have bothered. HF is so biased and anti-Pen that Malkin could not even win a poll on the favorite for the Art Ross Trophy.
Oh will you go whine somewheres else. Who are you ,Crosbys sister. It seems that any time anything does not favour your Pens you come in the thread ..OV will win the Hart so get over it.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Oh will you go whine somewheres else. Who are you ,Crosbys sister. It seems that any time anything does not favour your Pens you come in the thread ..OV will win the Hart so get over it.
Again, this is approaching the height of irony.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
This thread is idiotic but I'd like to clear a couple things up:

1 - (for some, this may be splitting hairs, but some people actually think there is a 'nominating' process)Think of someone on your team that was up for a cup of coffee and never heard from again this season. He is 'nominated' for the Hart trophy simply by playing in the NHL this year. A finalist is one of the top three vote getters. If you are hoping or believe someone should get nominated, they already have.

2 - The way the votes are cast, Crosby would not take votes from Malkin or the other way around(it is designed for this effect to be minimized as much as possible). Each hockey writer who has a vote ranks their top 5. Those players are given points inverse to the order of their votes as follows:

1st = 10 points
2 = 7
3 = 5
4 = 3
5 = 1

(This is something the OP was apparently unaware of)

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:08 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphenisciformes View Post
This thread is idiotic but I'd like to clear a couple things up:

1 - (for some, this may be splitting hairs, but some people actually think there is a 'nominating' process)Think of someone on your team that was up for a cup of coffee and never heard from again this season. He is 'nominated' for the Hart trophy simply by playing in the NHL this year. A finalist is one of the top three vote getters. If you are hoping or believe someone should get nominated, they already have.

2 - The way the votes are cast, Crosby would not take votes from Malkin or the other way around(it is designed for this effect to be minimized as much as possible). Each hockey writer who has a vote ranks their top 5. Those players are given points inverse to the order of their votes as follows:

1st = 10 points
2 = 7
3 = 5
4 = 3
5 = 1

(This is something the OP was apparently unaware of)
If enough people believe playing with The Golden Boy takes anything away from Malkin's achievments it could easily affect the 1st place votes he gets. That's the point. It's still valid, despite your flawless logic.

I'm also pretty sure nearly everyone in this thread understands that any player is eligible for votes.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
If enough people believe playing with The Golden Boy takes anything away from Malkin's achievments it could easily affect the 1st place votes he gets.
True. But the OP did not include them because he believes that they will split votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
I'm also pretty sure nearly everyone in this thread understands that any player is eligible for votes.
You'd be surprised. People are invariably pissed each and every year because their player(s) weren't nominated.

Old
02-08-2009, 12:58 AM
MVP of West Hollywd

Markov ahead of Crosby and Malkin hahahahahaha

This isn't the NBA where the award has to go to a top 2 in the conference team

Anyways I think Malkin holds on and they give it to him as Crosby/Ovechkin have theirs already. But I could see all 3 of them getting it. Nobody else has a chance.

MVP of West Hollywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:19 AM
RoninsRevenge

The idea that Malkin has no shot because having Crosby cancels out his greatness is so stupid it's sickening. Ovechkin is surrounded by such better talent this year it not even funny. At this point, i would still vote for Ovechkin. But if the Pens do make the playoffs and Malkin is up around 15 points on OV, he's gonna take the Hart Crosby or no Crosby.

RoninsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
WingsFan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninsRevenge View Post
The idea that Malkin has no shot because having Crosby cancels out his greatness is so stupid it's sickening. Ovechkin is surrounded by such better talent this year it not even funny. At this point, i would still vote for Ovechkin. But if the Pens do make the playoffs and Malkin is up around 15 points on OV, he's gonna take the Hart Crosby or no Crosby.
Why are goals worthless?

Ovechkin is set to eclipse Malkin by as much as 30 goals.

I'm sorry, 30 goals difference, or 15 points difference?

WingsFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99wasnotthebest View Post
Why are goals worthless?

Ovechkin is set to eclipse Malkin by as much as 30 goals.

I'm sorry, 30 goals difference, or 15 points difference?
The biggest problem is not that some think Malkin will win over Ovechkin, but just that the poll has no point without a player who could not possibly finish lower than second.

You have Andrei friggin Markov in this poll but Malkin.

You can't get good results in a poll where the options are so poorly selected.

That's the problem.

Old
02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
WingsFan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
The biggest problem is not that some think Malkin will win over Ovechkin, but just that the poll has no point without a player who could not possibly finish lower than second.

You have Andrei friggin Markov in this poll but Malkin.

You can't get good results in a poll where the options are so poorly selected.

That's the problem.
Fair enough, as soon as Penguins hold 8th seed for more than 3 days, I'll make a poll with him and Crosby in it.

Otherwise, Markov is helping the Canadiens more than Malkin the Penguins, considering their spot.

Plus I had to put on a defensive player, hockey isn't all offense.

WingsFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

Quote:
Fair enough, as soon as Penguins hold 8th seed for more than 3 days, I'll make a poll with him and Crosby in it.

Otherwise, Markov is helping the Canadiens more than Malkin the Penguins, considering their spot.

This may be the stupidest stance anyone has ever taken on here. That is saying something.

Old
02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
AK

Quote:

Quote:
This may be the stupidest stance anyone has ever taken on here. That is saying something.
I'm pretty sure he was kidding around.

Old
02-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Hard not to say Ovechkin or Malkin really. Outside of those two, Bouwmeester is doing wonders for the Cats.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:49 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
I think this is making him feel important...like he's the guy that says who is and isn't eligible for consideration.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
elicw10

the thread starters name says it all...

he's just looking for a little attention (poor thing)

elicw10 is offline   Reply With Quote