HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto.

Old
02-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Colt Seavers

vCash: 500
Del Zotto.

I'm watching this kid for the 1st time tonight. He looks pretty good out there! Makes me excited.

He seems to have a good outlet pass, jumps into the play effectively & mixes it up in the corners. He skates on the 1st PP unit, often paired with Washington prospect John Carlson.

Lots of good young players in the game. Tavares went to the locker room after getting drilled & hasn't been back. Nazem Kadri & Ryan Ellis are flying around too.

Colt Seavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Thanks, keep us updated.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

I wanted him to make the team this year. I love the way he plays. He may look like a penguin but he plays like a ranger!

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Slick Rick 61

Is there a way to watch London Knights games? I can't find a feed anywhere, and I'd really like to start watching some of those games, also Grachev's with Brampton.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
McRanger23

God if the Rangers could get rid of Rozi and Redden they could have a real good defense working from within:

Staal-Del Zotto
Sanguinetti-Girardi
Mara-Potter

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:27 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan1416 View Post
Is there a way to watch London Knights games? I can't find a feed anywhere, and I'd really like to start watching some of those games, also Grachev's with Brampton.

http://livestream.ontariohockeyleague.com/

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:49 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Good to hear but don't get TOO excited. He is playing against OHL talent. I'd be more excited to see him play a dominant game at a U-20 tournament where the competition level is much higher. I would consider the Hartford playoffs games but we've seen both Dubinsky and Sanguinetti do well in those but follow up with not as impressive AHL seasons (saying they played great in the playoffs but just good afterwards which was somewhat of a let down).

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:52 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrury23 View Post
God if the Rangers could get rid of Rozi and Redden they could have a real good defense working from within:

Staal-Del Zotto
Sanguinetti-Girardi
Mara-Potter

the defense would be fine as

Staal-Del Zotto
Sanuinetti-Girardi
Roszival-Redden

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:36 AM
trademasterb*

Del Zotto is a long way from the NHL. 2 years at least. My guess is 3 years away.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:10 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Del Zotto is a long way from the NHL. 2 years at least. My guess is 3 years away.
Not necessarily.

Quote:
According to Gordie Clark, the Rangers’ Director of Player Personnel, “a big difference in Del Zotto this season is his conditioning. Since Adam Graves and Peter DeBoer have been involved in Oshawa, the whole team’s conditioning regimen has changed, and now Michael is a finely-tuned athlete. He wowed us from Conditioning Camp this summer on through the fall, but now, we are seeing that he is a better thinker of the game and with the conditioning changes, he is quicker. We expect that Del Zotto will surprise a lot of guys next fall, and be competing for a spot on the Rangers roster.”
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...spects_update/

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Garfinkel1

That's awsome. I would love to see him on the team next year.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:00 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

im quite certain mdz wasnt just the best rook dman in camp last fall, he was one of the best dmen in camp period. his pp work was solid and overall game looked to be on par with the rest of our dmen. no doubt, he didnt look out of place.

if hes ready to compete next year i would not be surprised if he won a spot based on his offensive skill and pp work alone.

its not like this team gets any offense from the defence now anyway.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
He'll be up for at least a cup of tea next season. Write it down.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:32 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He'll be up for at least a cup of tea next season. Write it down.
If he doesn't make the NHL full time next year, he'll have to return to juniors. He's not eligible to play in Hartford. So it's all or nothing as far as he's concerned. My money says he'll be back in the OHL for a final year.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
If he doesn't make the NHL full time next year, he'll have to return to juniors. He's not eligible to play in Hartford. So it's all or nothing as far as he's concerned. My money says he'll be back in the OHL for a final year.
Ahh, well, erase what I told you to write down and write down "he'll be up full time two seasons from now" instead.

Old
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Can't we do that 10-day thing?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

The rangers have always been methodical and deliberate when they develop players. For example, Staal had very solid camps in 2005 and 2006 but it wasn't his time until 2007. This year i thought MDZ and Potter had great camps but they didn't make it as well.

they aren't going to rush these guys, even though I personally would rather see DZ and sangs struggle but develop in Ranger blue than see Rosie, redden and Kalinin struggle and age in ranger blue

Hypothetically speaking, if we lost two d-men to major injuries like the Pens did, we would see Potter and probably Fahey or Sangs before MDZ.

Personally, i think one of our top-6 dmen is going to be moved in march. Considering Sather's history with prospects, we could see sangs get a small taste in March or april like Korpi did in 2008 and dawes in 2007.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Can't we do that 10-day thing?
You can do the 10 game trial period, but I doubt the team risks it unless he has a phenomenal camp.

I don't see any reason to rush guys like DZ or Sanguinetti since we have a few big contracts tied up on D right now.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
the defense would be fine as

Staal-Del Zotto
Sanuinetti-Girardi
Roszival-Redden
unless Staal and Girardi develope serious mean streaks that D is way, way too soft.

Mara needs to be kept until we find a brusing D man, because he's the closest we got, we cannot afford to lose him. Rozi I also keep around.

Is Potter physical??

Redden will have to be bought out/waived/traded because he's just going to stunt our youth when they're ready.

Probably not anytime soon, but I think one of Sangs/DZ will be traded. Either a swap for another D prospect/young player, a physical stay at home type or offensive help.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post

Personally, i think one of our top-6 dmen is going to be moved in march. Considering Sather's history with prospects, we could see sangs get a small taste in March or april like Korpi did in 2008 and dawes in 2007.
Korpedo didn't play his first NHL game until the second round of the playoffs against the Pens.

Old
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Korpedo didn't play his first NHL game until the second round of the playoffs against the Pens.

What part of my post didn't convey that fact?

Old
02-08-2009, 11:26 PM
D713B

Quote:
What part of my post didn't convey that fact?
Well you said he could get a small taste in March or April like Korpedo in 2008. And if by small taste you mean 7:14 of emergency injury call up in one May playoff game then I suppose you in fact conveyed your message.

However, I and I would assume most others, don't really consider that as getting a look or taste which is what Dawes and Dubinsky received in 2006-2007 playing 8 and 6 games respectively. I think this is what you were trying to point out as a possibility for MDZ.

It was a minor point but you apparently wanted it to be spelled out.

Old
02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well you said he could get a small taste in March or April like Korpedo in 2008. And if by small taste you mean 7:14 of emergency injury call up in one May playoff game then I suppose you in fact conveyed your message.

However, I and I would assume most others, don't really consider that as getting a look or taste which is what Dawes and Dubinsky received in 2006-2007 playing 8 and 6 games respectively. I think this is what you were trying to point out as a possibility for MDZ.

It was a minor point but you apparently wanted it to be spelled out.

Sorry for not quantifying what I meant by "small taste". I was under the impression the educated lot of posters would get the gist of it.

Whether you admit it or not, Korpikoski's last-minute promotion was also a reward for the way he played in the minors. Hence the mentioning that DZ could also fall into the category, whether it be 1 game or 8.

I'm sure those few mins Korpedo played did nothing for his morale or development. Next time I see him, I'll tell him to erase it from his memory and tell him Dubinsky and Dawes' cup of coffee was much more significant.

I just find it comical that you felt that I didn't know he made his NHL debut in game 5. Like somehow I magically thought he played a handful of games without anybody else noticing.

Old
02-08-2009, 11:49 PM
D713B

Quote:
Sorry for not quantifying what I meant by "small taste". I was under the impression the educated lot of posters would get the gist of it.

Whether you admit it or not, Korpikoski's last-minute promotion was also a reward for the way he played in the minors. Hence the mentioning that DZ could also fall into the category, whether it be 1 game or 8.

I'm sure those few mins Korpedo played did nothing for his morale or development. Next time I see him, I'll tell him to erase it from his memory and tell him Dubinsky and Dawes' cup of coffee was much more significant.

I just find it comical that you felt that I didn't know he made his NHL debut in game 5. Like somehow I magically thought he played a handful of games without anybody else noticing.
Sorry, if you'd like to forward me your Bio for me to better understand your Rangers knowledge I'll gladly place it in my garba...er...filing cabinet.

I find it comical that you would consider throwing a prospect into NHL playoff hockey a secure method of player development. Because you know it happens so often. Just because we're lucky and Korpedo had a great experience doesn't mean that its a great idea to throw your prospects to the wolves for their first game in playoff hockey. By the way, when did I intimate whose first call-ups were more significant? Safe development and good experiences don't go hand in hand.

Anyway, I digress before the mods start deleting posts/closing the thread.

Last edited by D713B: 02-08-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old
02-08-2009, 11:56 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sorry, if you'd like to forward me your Bio for me to better understand your Rangers knowledge I'll gladly place it in my garba...er...filing cabinet.

I find it comical that you would consider throwing a prospect into NHL playoff hockey a secure method of player development. Because you know it happens so often. Just because we're lucky and Korpedo had a great experience doesn't mean that its a great idea to throw your prospects to the wolves for their first game in playoff hockey. By the way, when did I intimate at whose first call-ups were more significant? Safe development and good experiences don't go hand in hand.

You need to relax.

Where did I write that? I simply said Sather has a history of doing it and that it shouldn't come a surprise if Sanguinetti plays one or two games if the team is beset by injuries.

Anyway, back to the original post, notwithstanding a few digressions.