HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Fall Out (10-2): Predicting The First Move

Old
02-07-2009, 06:31 AM
RangersAM99

vCash: 500
i just went to nhl.com and i saw 10-2 i was like WTF!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 06:36 AM
gaglinefan

Warner Brothers

Hey, it's a rabbit!! Dog pile on the rabbit, dog pile on the rabbit

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 06:41 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
About time people dropped the Cherepanov avatars by the way. Move on.
I find the Cherepanov avatars to be a nice tribute to a young kid, in what way shape or form does it offend you? i hope the 10-2 drubbing just has you pissed like the rest of us, but why let other peoples avatars bother you?

On a better note, I REALLY HOPE SATHER BRINGS AVERY BACK!!!!!

2 reasons, both work out well for us..

1) hes the fiery kick in the ass, straddle the line between human decency and degenerate that this cauldron of bland hockey needs... he'd be like throwing a handful of jalepenos into matzah ball soup...looks like a bad idea, but man it tastes good....who wouldn't like to see everyone else on this team work harder to get an interview or a headline with Avery grabbing the spotlight the second he walks in the door??

2) Sean Avery arrives, explodes, drury cant handle it, gomez further loses focus as he continues to compare the hopeless rangers to the devils teams he played on in the past and loses all hope, hank and vally split the games the rest of the way to keep hank healthy, we end up with a top 15 draft pick in a great draft, players with no movement clauses agree to waive them at the deadline for a contender with cash, we bid fairwell to a handful of the 5-6 completely unnecessary guys we carry on our roster, bring in a bonafide sniper like kovalchuk, cause the guy can score 40 goals with blair betts as his center...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 07:12 AM
RangersFan88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Messier should eventually become the coach of this team. You know he would be PISSED after something like this. He'd be a hell of a lot better of a motivator than Renney.
**** yeah !!!
but guys seriously
it is lack of motivation and heart
and it is the cooches ****ing job to maintain that!!!

messier 4 cooch

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
tonight was one of the worst nights of my life.

drove all the way to Dallas from Houston to watch this debacle... then some female drama... then I drove all the way BACK to Houston while half drunk and super pissed.
Man that gotta suck indeed. I stayed up to 5:30 AM watching this piece of **** game.

I wish Orr could have gotten a solid beating in on Ott before being tossed.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 07:27 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Messier should eventually become the coach of this team. You know he would be PISSED after something like this. He'd be a hell of a lot better of a motivator than Renney.
Great players often make disastrous coaches, and there is reason to believe Messier would be one in a long line of failed superstar-coaches.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:21 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Why is Balej still allowed to make threads? There really should be a limit on how many threads someone can start.

And the other thing I've learned lately is just how blatantly ignorant and biased you are Brooklyn.

I'd never root agains this team. But if Renney is fired, and the system is completely changed, there's nothing I'd love more than to see this team go up in flames, just to see how you guys spin that one.

This team just isn't that good. They haven't been since day one. They've over achieved most of the year and they still have the chance to do that. Just make the playoffs and who knows.

Does anyone realistic expect them to do anything? No. But whatever. Just get there and see what happens.
Um, okay.

With that lacerating critique of my arguments I must bow down before your superior - and manifestly objective - hockey knowledge.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Briannj1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Great players often make disastrous coaches, and there is reason to believe Messier would be one in a long line of failed superstar-coaches.

Normally I'd buy into that but it's not like Messier would be trying to infuse a Gretzky or Lemieux-like skill into his players.

I remember an afternoon game against the Islanders back in the mid 90's. The Rangers were down something like 2-0 after two and looking horrible doing it. They came back out fllllllying in the third period, rallying back for a win. Every single player interviewed attributed the comeback to a speech Messier had made after the second. Pat Verbeek said something to the effect of, "I've heard about his speeches, I've never experienced one, but it's amazing to behold"...pretty close to what he had said about what Messier had done. I think he'll have the ability to wring the best out of his players and make this a better team.

Briannj1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:42 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmac View Post
Nothing will happen.

Nail, Meet head, now hit.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:47 AM
eco's bones

Still Messier belongs to a different time and this is different kind of team--one that seems to lack leadership. You said it yourself brianj in your previous post that you believe this game against Dallas was their response to being made to do sprints in practice. As if they hadn't been sleepwalking when Graves number was retired.

I'm not sure whether Renney should be replaced. I have a lot more respect for him than the other bozo's that Sather picked before him to coach the team. What I'd really like to do is get rid of Drury, Gomez, Naslund and Redden for a start and maybe Rozsival too. Whether or not it's possible is one thing but that really is where we should start. Put them all up for bid--2nd and 3rd round draft choices coming back would be enough for me.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:47 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

I could see Messier getting so pissed off at a loss like this that he signs a try out contract & takes the ice himself.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPAULxMARAx View Post
Drury will throw this in the garbage, but it will fall out as he realizes he needs to empty the garbage. He will proceed to empty the garbage, emotionless.
More like:

Drury will throw this in the garbage but miss the can by a mile.
Then he'll go get his haircut like Derrick Zoolander

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:06 AM
bubba5

Why would Messier want to coach this garbage team?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Its just one of the big 82 at the end of the day.

Yes we got out hit, out-played, out fought, out skated etc etc. And yes this has been a concerning trend this season...but the team is still on course to make the playoffs.

I would highly doubt that Renney gets fired after this particular outing.
wait until monday... we are gonna get hammered again Its gonna be the sequel to last nights game

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:11 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briannj1970 View Post
I think he'll have the ability to wring the best out of his players and make this a better team.
He didn't have the ability to wring the best out of a young Petr Nedved. In fact he alienated the kid and helped destroy his confidence.

We should be eternally grateful to Messier for what he delivered here, but he had his flaws. One was that he believed in and established a very strong clique during his time here. Those in were "in;" those out, well, "f" them.

IMO that is not the stuff of a good coach.

Old
02-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He didn't have the ability to wring the best out of a young Petr Nedved. In fact he alienated the kid and helped destroy his confidence.

We should be eternally grateful to Messier for what he delivered here, but he had his flaws. One was that he believed in and established a very strong clique during his time here. Those in were "in;" those out, well, "f" them.

What you have to consider is that we HAVE a "good" coach and maybe what we really need is something else.

They don't call it being "brutally honest" for nothing. Making unpopular choices, and deciding NOT to please everyone is what it often takes in the super-competetive world of the NHL. Probably moreso in NYC.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:25 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Lets ask Mike Gartner is he can make a comeback ala Claude Lemieux, christ he'd probably be the leading goal scorer on this team right now, thats how abysmal we are lol

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:36 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
What you have to consider is that we HAVE a "good" coach and maybe what we really need is something else.
I'm perfectly okay with that, but of course saying the team needs a coaching change is hardly the same as saying the team needs Mark Messier as its head coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
They don't call it being "brutally honest" for nothing. Making unpopular choices, and deciding NOT to please everyone is what it often takes in the super-competetive world of the NHL. Probably moreso in NYC.
They also call it "devisiveness" and it's not something good coaches do. Being honest - even brutally so - is not the same as forming "in" and "out" groups in the locker room, and if the effects of this "brutal honesty" is to make a player better, it failed miserably.

Likewise, treating everyone equally is quite, quite different from trying to please everyone.

Old
02-07-2009, 10:38 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Campbell had a lot to do with that, too.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I went to the team site to see how the game went... had to do a quintuple take... then I couldn't but laugh... giving upo 10 goals to a team with solid D and poor O... Impressive.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:44 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Campbell had a lot to do with that, too.
Don't get me started. Campbell was MISERABLE with this team's youth.The guy never could get a performance out of Nedved, or Laperriere, or Zubov, or Norstrom.

Old
02-07-2009, 10:47 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Don't get me started. Campbell was MISERABLE with this team's youth.The guy never could get a performance out of Nedved, or Laperriere, or Zubov, or Norstrom.
Exactly...but his sycophants at the Journal-News and Daily News insist he was a great coach.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

I didn't see the game, would someone mind enlightening me? Obviously we **** the bed in the 3rd, but what were the first two periods like? Were we outplayed as badly?

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:21 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I didn't see the game, would someone mind enlightening me? Obviously we **** the bed in the 3rd, but what were the first two periods like? Were we outplayed as badly?
Gomez made two of the worst plays I've ever seen to allow two goals and Marc Staal got out muscled by Steve Ott to allow the third goal. We also couldn't score on a near full two minute two man advantage. So yes, basically, we sucked.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM
ret513

worst team ever

Been watching Rangers for over 35yrs and this has to be one of the softest teams I ever saw! No grit, over paid, chasing pucks, and no sacrifice. Getting a goal scorer will only help a little. Every high scoring team also needs grit and tenacious forecheck. You can't play 1-2-2 trap with a soft team. No hitting on D, soft small forecheck, no clearing of bodies at own net. Avery isn't tough enough for these rangers. Ott crushed our leading scorer, and team was man handled. There's no chemistry because there is no grit. Hitting and legal checks get the team working together. Need to trade for solid diggers in the corners with some size to get the puck for our softie goal scorers.
Yes this team is boring. We pay a furtune to take our families to a game! How dare they play in the biggest city and not even get their jerseys dirty or play with any emotion. Looks like only the fans can do the coahing and motivating now. I was never into booing own team, but when nothings done I say boo them out of Ny! Fat contracts and no sacrifice- Discusting!

ret513 is offline   Reply With Quote