HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Fall Out (10-2): Predicting The First Move

Old
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
but is it worth giving up prospects and picks... I don't think so right now.
As I wrote, I wouldn't give up either of those except for other young players in a need area, as in a defenseman (Tyutin) for a forward (Zherdev).

Quote:
again I think giving up a second round pick to get rid of Gomez or Redden is well worth it. The cap space is desperately needed. i would trade Gomez +2nd for a 4th round pick just to get some cap space.
Different strokes. I'd simply ride those contracts out until their final year or two. With a significantly smaller cap burden re: length of contract, those players should return more in trade. This team isn't close to winning a Cup anyway; get through two years of the 1st or 2nd round playoff defeats for which we're headed, then trade 'em off, and start again. With any luck Sather will have stumbled on a real talent in the position we're drafting.

Quote:
Staal, Dubi, Cally, Korps, (cherry)....
Staal is the only likely impact player among them. The rest are strictly role players. Nice commodities and critical components for a championship team, but we have more than we need.

Quote:
then there is Grachev, Ani, Del zotto, Sangs. Maybe even Stepan, Kundratek, and Hags will turn into somethin.
*chuckles* I remember a time when Dawes and Immonen and a whole bunch of others made these lists. I'll credit the drafting when the prospects become actual players of merit.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote