HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EDM IN DET: Nothing to See Here.

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
roadtoglory

vCash: 500
I dunno this is a bit off topic but it is about the game tonight.

TSN just makes me shake my head with some of the things they write.
OILERS ATTEMPT TO SLOW DOWN RED HOT WINGS but they are not hot, they are the coldest they've been all year. BAH! Get more creative with your headlines, accuracy does count for something.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266160&l...headlines_main

Old
02-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The highest scoring team in the league fills our net with seven pucks. Lots of back and forth fighting between Macfire and Macpologists. Kevin Lowe resigns and leaves Bucky in charge.
Oilers pot 7 en route to a 7-4 victory. Lots of back and forth fighting between Macfire and Macpologists. Kevin Lowe re-signs and leaves MacT in charge ... for now.

Old
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
Oilers pot 7 en route to a 7-4 victory. Lots of back and forth fighting between Macfire and Macpologists. Kevin Lowe re-signs and leaves MacT in charge ... for now.
That'll be awesome, considering we'll get 9 shots on net all game

Old
02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtoglory View Post
I dunno this is a bit off topic but it is about the game tonight.

TSN just makes me shake my head with some of the things they write.
OILERS ATTEMPT TO SLOW DOWN RED HOT WINGS but they are not hot, they are the coldest they've been all year. BAH! Get more creative with your headlines, accuracy does count for something.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266160&l...headlines_main
No kidding...5-game losing streak followed by two squeaker wins does not constitute a "hot" team. Far from it.

Old
02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

LINEUP UPDATE: Tom Gilbert is likely to play this afternoon... Kyle Brodziak will slot in on the top line if Shawn Horcoff can't play.

www.edmontonoilers.com

Old
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
LINEUP UPDATE: Tom Gilbert is likely to play this afternoon... Kyle Brodziak will slot in on the top line if Shawn Horcoff can't play.

www.edmontonoilers.com
Tks for the good news on Gibby, but still can't understand why we don't go with Cogliano on the top line

Old
02-07-2009, 12:23 PM
The Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy35 View Post
That'll be awesome, considering we'll get 9 shots on net all game

wanna bet?

Old
02-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Klaus*

Wings 8
Oilers 1

Roloson lets in a goal from center ice through his 5-hole.

Old
02-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Tim Eh

Wow worst GDT ever. You guys are so friggin depressing. Yeah, no **** the Oil will be in tough against the Wings. Even if they won their last 4 and had Horcoff and Vis in the lineup they'd have little chance for a win. There's nothing you can do about MacT so just cheer on your team for god's sake.

Go Oil

Old
02-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
WOW Gibby drawing in will make a BIG difference. I would still rather see Peckham play than Strudwick, I like Jason much better on the wing, where he can do less damage

If the Oilers can play a gritty, physical game like they did against St. Louis, I really think they can win this one. We are definitely superior to the Wings in goal.

If the boys play with tenacity I say 3-1 Oilers. If they try to sit back and be passive the Redwings could go globetrotters on them.

I understand, but at the same time don't understand Roloson starting today. He is our best shot at a W but what do we do tomorrow in Minne? I know Roli has been terrible there but a win against the Wild is much more critical than a W against the Wings?

MacT couldn't possibly be considering Roli in back to backs and 3 of 4 could he? He's gonna burn the guy out again!

GO! OILERS GO!

Old
02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
WOW Gibby drawing in will make a BIG difference. I would still rather see Peckham play than Strudwick, I like Jason much better on the wing, where he can do less damage

If the Oilers can play a gritty, physical game like they did against St. Louis, I really think they can win this one. We are definitely superior to the Wings in goal.

If the boys play with tenacity I say 3-1 Oilers. If they try to sit back and be passive the Redwings could go globetrotters on them.

I understand, but at the same time don't understand Roloson starting today. He is our best shot at a W but what do we do tomorrow in Minne? I know Roli has been terrible there but a win against the Wild is much more critical than a W against the Wings?

MacT couldn't possibly be considering Roli in back to backs and 3 of 4 could he? He's gonna burn the guy out again!

GO! OILERS GO!

I wouldn't be surprised to see JDD get the start tomorrow

Old
02-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see JDD get the start tomorrow
That scares me a little. I just don't think Deslauriers is mature enough to handle it.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
The Forechecker

Quote:
That scares me a little. I just don't think Deslauriers is mature enough to handle it.

Handle what? a NHL start?

This comment shows how localized the HF oiler boards views are. And based on previous his experience he will do as well as anyone else.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forechecker View Post
I just think the pressure of the situation that the Oilers are in right now, especially if they lose today and having to play an archenemy, division rival, in their rink (a place the Oilers never win), and with the current standings, that is alot to heap onto a goalie with very limited NHL experience.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
The Forechecker

Quote:
I just think the pressure of the situation that the Oilers are in right now, especially if they lose today and having to play an archenemy, division rival, in their rink (a place the Oilers never win), and with the current standings, that is alot to heap onto a goalie with very limited NHL experience.

He has played under pressure in his limited NHL starts, and has played at worst average. With the whole team playing poorly, it takes some pressure off if anything.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:

This comment shows how localized the HF oiler boards views are. And based on previous his experience he will do as well as anyone else.
Matheson has already indicated JDD starts tomorrow.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:11 PM
0ilerman
The King

wings shot total will be 3x the oilers

so will the score...6-2

Old
02-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
He has played under pressure in his limited NHL starts, and has played at worst average. With the whole team playing poorly, it takes some pressure off if anything.
The games that JDD has played in before this point are nothing like the game tomorrow. They were early in the season, and not in Minnesota.

Almost seems like you are getting defensive about this. I am a very positive Oiler fan and I am not attacking JDD either. I am just saying it is alot of pressure for a rookie goaltender with very little experience. If he starts and plays well this could be a big moment in his career. If he lets the pressure get to him and has a poor start it could be bad for him and the team. Remember he let in 7 in his last game (not his fault but still)

Old
02-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:

GO! OILERS GO!
With Gilbert back maybe MacT doesn't want big Mac playing. Maybe Peckham still plays but Struds is on wing??

Old
02-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
The games that JDD has played in before this point are nothing like the game tomorrow. They were early in the season, and not in Minnesota.

Almost seems like you are getting defensive about this. I am a very positive Oiler fan and I am not attacking JDD either. I am just saying it is alot of pressure for a rookie goaltender with very little experience. If he starts and plays well this could be a big moment in his career. If he lets the pressure get to him and has a poor start it could be bad for him and the team. Remember he let in 7 in his last game (not his fault but still)
I think there's a risk in starting him in Minnesota, but Roli hasn't done too well there anyway, so why not give the kid a shot?

JDD has a lot to prove since his last outing...hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him. We'll see.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Everest

Quote:

They key is to NOT remember `THAT` game. The team has commented SEVERAL times...in regards to `Not Dwelling` on a bad night.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Drebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy35 View Post
Tks for the good news on Gibby, but still can't understand why we don't go with Cogliano on the top line
Probably because he couldn't win a faceoff to save his life.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:22 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
as long as the team believes the start time is 8pm London time and not an afternoon game it will be okay

Old
02-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
They key is to NOT remember `THAT` game. The team has commented SEVERAL times...in regards to `Not Dwelling` on a bad night.
Thats the problem with being a goalie, a quarterback or a pitcher. Those positions are so different and isolated from the rest of the team. They are so critical to the overall success of the team. If a forward has a bad game, the team still has a good chance to win if his mates are playing well. If a goalie plays poorly the game is almost certainly lost. Even if a goaltender`s timing or mental state/ confidence is even a hair off, it could be the difference between winning or losing. If a forward is a bit off, he might just get one apple instead or 2 or 3 points. Then you add in the fact that the only game action that JDD has seen recently was him getting lit up, and its hard not to focus on it. A skater can get right back out there and work his confidence back up.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Ontario_Oilfan

With Gibby back in, at least our #1 Centre problem is solved.

Closed Thread