HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

02/07/09 Florida Panthers @ Washington Capitals 7:00PM

Old
02-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
Exactly, even if Carolina won that game, an OTL by us the next day put us in 8th place

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:29 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Exactly, even if Carolina won that game, an OTL by us the next day put us in 8th place
Not strictly true. If Boston beats Buffalo instead of losing that day (Saturday), we'd need a win of any kind to be in, that or a Philly loss (Sunday) I think. They didn't win, of course, but at that point they were secure no matter what so it's tough to say if that had an effect on things.

We controlled our own destiny, though, that's good enough.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:13 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
We did not control our own destiny.

If Ottawa vs Boston had gone to Overtime and then Boston beat Buffalo the next game, and there also was a Carolina win over Florida and the Flyers win over Pittsburgh we would have been out.

The Carolina vs Florida game and the Boston vs Ottawa game were played the same night and we needed Florida to win or Boston vs Ottawa go to not overtime - something Boston had not been doing the last month. Florida's win gave us control of our own destiny (it finished first, I remember watching Jack Edwards tell the NESN audience of the Bruins making the playoffs due to Carolina losing).

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:18 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
We did not control our own destiny.

If Ottawa vs Boston had gone to Overtime and then Boston beat Buffalo the next game, and there also was a Carolina win over Florida and the Flyers win over Pittsburgh we would have been out.

The Carolina vs Florida game and the Boston vs Ottawa game were played the same night and we needed Florida to win or Boston vs Ottawa go to not overtime - something Boston had not been doing the last month. Florida's win gave us control of our own destiny (it finished way before, I remember watching Jack Edwards tell the NESN audience).
Ottawa - Boston was played the day before, the day we played (I remember watching the scores during the game).

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Oh, we'll do everything we can, no doubt. Other than losing, that is. We'll gladly take out the Pens and Canes, though, hopefully.

Although, last game of the season, if our position isn't in question? I wouldn't care so much, although I think Bruce would feel differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
You did us a lot more than a solid. I had given up on the season and I heard the news in a cab after a long night of drinking. I didn't believe what I heard.

9-0 minor penalties

Make the playoffs.
We were very happy to oblige to leave no question. Yeah, that was a crazy game. Typical for Carolina-Forida game.

02-09-2009, 05:23 AM
Captain Conservative

Good game. My favorite moment was Horton trying to check Brash and bouncing off.

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote