HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staal and Brindy out?! Call up Dreamy Keith! Oh wait....

Old
02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
StormCast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
I know it's getting waaaaaaaay ahead of myself but if Brindy hangs it up and Jussi fits in like a fin on a dolphin (get it?), maybe we found ourselves a very cheap 3rd line center replacement... I didn't get to watch the game so I didn't see him, but I saw quite a bit of him the last 3 years and he's definitely better than what his stint in tampa indicates... I mean really who's doing well on that team this year? Vinny and Marty are having good years... but it's Vinny and Marty. That's what they do...
Like Ruutu, Jokinen can play both center and wing but again like Ruutu is much more effective on the wing at the NHL level.

He still shows his center's skills in the faceoff circle (he was good for Tampa and had a distinct advantage last night against a Coyote team that is horrible on draws) but the whole set of skills just isn't there to be a regular center. He is capable of filling in at times but he is more valuable on the wing and is a good pick-up for Carolina.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote