HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Jesus Price? Jesus Habs!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2009, 09:58 AM
  #476
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,142
vCash: 500
I think this habs team has to many european forwards who tend to exhibit lots of puck skills and skating but zero grit, It's not a knock against them but merely the way they were trained to play hockey. Most of them come to the NHL full of skill but lacking toughness. If a skilled euro player is mixed in with tougher grittier north american players then they will flourish, but fill a line with smallish european players and they will vanish in most games ala the montreal canadiens of 08-09. The top 5forwards kovy,pleks,andre,sergei,saku do not like tough play and thats what the nhl is on most nights, you have to fight hard to win and those guys will not do that. I don't think they have the desire to win like some of our canadian and american players. Most nights as of late our best players have been lapierre,kostopolous, begin,dagostini, max pac, komisarek. There is a lack of team toughness, did anybody see any montreal players coming to josh gorges rescue when his head was almost taken off, compare that to boston when someone comes near to tim thomas. You have to care to win and frankly from what I have seen in the last while, some of this team dosen't care!

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
  #477
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
The word on the street is that Streit wanted to re-sign mid-season at roughly 2-3 million per season, which given he is one of the league's better puck movers and PP specialists, is a god darn steal. Gainey's lack of negotiations during the season is BUSH LEAGUE.

Don't put too much weight on "word on the street" and since Gainey isn't talking with anyone about new contracts when it comes to Komi, Koivu, Kovalev, this year I doubt very highly he was talking with Mark Streit last year. It didn't hurt us with Markov, because Markov isn't greedy......he could have fetched 6 mill somewhere else.

And besides where were your "sign Streit now" posts after the Flyers series. Oh right, you didn't even know who he was then, as he was taking big dumps all over the bell center.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
  #478
3TB3*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
"1-Like Gainey needs another soft defenseman who had no return value because he had no real NHL experience when he was claimed by Columbus.

SIGNED FOR $4 MILLION JUST THIS YEAR- THAT IS HIS VALUE- GAINEY STUPIDLY FORGOT NHE COULD BE CLAIMED OFF WAIVERS.

2- And Aebischer is any better? Remember how we got Huet in the first place? You can thank Gainey for that.

NOT THE POINT- HE ALSO GOT AEBISHER-REMEMBER! HE PUT IMMENSE PRESSURE ON PRICE WHO THEN CRACKED.

3- See #1 for Beauchemin and Robidas. Ninnimaa was a good idea but he didn't work out.
NIMIMAA ? HE GOT HIS CLOCK CLEANED!

4- Streit and Ryder, Gainey had a winning team, what was he gonna do, sell his team? As for those three being lost in the free agency, Gainey wanted to keep them but they were asking too much so he asked them to leave.

RYDER DIDNT EVEN PLAY IN MOST OF GAMES AFTER DEADLINE. IN BRUINS-FLYERS GAME IN MIDWEEK THIS WEEK KEITH JONES NOTED AFTER RYDER SCORED THAT NIGHT - HABS DIDNT EVEN DRESS HIM VS. FLYERS IN SERIES LAST SPRING YET GAINEY DIDNT TRADE THE FREE AGENT TO BE AWAY. IS KEITH JONES AN IDIOT TOO?

5- Bouillon and Dandenault are both good bottom pairing players. I don't see what your problem is. Brisebois, with all of his experience, is a steal for 700,000$ in a roster that has to deal with a salary cap.
THEY ARE INFERIOR PLAYERS - BOTH ROBIDAS AND HAINSEY FAR SUPERIOR!

6- Trading Huet didn't ruin Price. Price is just having a hard time right now. Gainey saw that Price was capable of playing in the NHL and established him as the number one goalie. You're really bi-polar. For your long rant you were complaining how Gainey let players go into free agency for nothing. Gainey gets a 2nd round pick for Huet and now you complain that it would've been better to let him walk at Free Agency because somehow it ruined Price's career!

IT DID PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON PRICE AND PRICE CRACKED. YOU TRADE THEM FOR SOMETHING TO HELP THEM RIGHT IN THAT SEASON OR YOU PLAY THEM WHEN YOU ARE A CONTENDING TEAM.

7- The first one he was selling because his team wasn't a team that was going to win the Stanley Cup.

HABS WERE #7 SEED IN 1993.

The second one, he tried to get Hossa, but they kept asking for more and more because Pittsburgh was giving them ridiculous offers, so Gainey said no.
HABS NEEDED DEFENSE MORE LAST YEAR AND DEFENSEMEN DID CHANGE TEAMS. GAINEY ADDED NO ONE. FLYERS WIPED THEM OUT AFTER 0-12 BRUINS NEARELY DID TOO.

8- The answer to this question is game style. Ryder would've done well this year in Montreal, but he didn't prove himself last year to receive a 4 million dollar contract.
THEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRADED. HE WAS A GOAL SCORER. BRUINS STILL AFTER THAT TROUBLED YEAR SIGNED HIM FOR MORE MONEY THAN HE MADE HERE. SOME TEAM WOULD HAVE TRADED FOR HIM A DISGRUNTLED PLAYER. LIKE THEY DO FOR A SAMSONOV OR AN AVERY AND HE WAS NOT EVEN LIKE THEM.

9- Hamrlik? Samsonov? I think Samsonov's performance (not how he got here) alone explains that Montreal shouldn't gut depth for a player that had great seasons in the past because the player might not fit or we would rely on one line and if they didn't produce, we'd be even worst off than right now.
SAMSONOV OBVIOUSLY GETS ALONG BETTER WITH THOSE RUNNING CAROLINA THAN THOSE RUNNING THE HABS. IT SEEMS KOVALEV ALSO IS NOW HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS.

YOU CANT CHANGE ALL THE PLAYERS YOU CAN CHANGE THE COACH. THAT IS EXACTLY WHY IF YOU ARE A GM YOUR BEST FRIEND SHOULD NEVER BE YOUR COACH

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
  #479
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Don't put too much weight on "word on the street" and since Gainey isn't talking with anyone about new contracts when it comes to Komi, Koivu, Kovalev, this year I doubt very highly he was talking with Mark Streit last year. It didn't hurt us with Markov, because Markov isn't greedy......he could have fetched 6 mill somewhere else.

And besides where were your "sign Streit now" posts after the Flyers series. Oh right, you didn't even know who he was then, as he was taking big dumps all over the bell center.
Streit didn't sign because he wanted to play D. I wouldn't blame that on the GM.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
  #480
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Don't put too much weight on "word on the street" and since Gainey isn't talking with anyone about new contracts when it comes to Komi, Koivu, Kovalev, this year I doubt very highly he was talking with Mark Streit last year. It didn't hurt us with Markov, because Markov isn't greedy......he could have fetched 6 mill somewhere else.

And besides where were your "sign Streit now" posts after the Flyers series. Oh right, you didn't even know who he was then, as he was taking big dumps all over the bell center.
I never said he didn't, I'm just saying Gainey's practices are wack.

Markov wanted to play here, he is comfortable here. Who's to say Komisarek wont want to return to New York, where he was born and raised and is in all likelyhood comfortable and probably make more money then here? You don't know, and Gainey will never know unless he begins negotiations. It's a ridiculous practice, Komisarek is a key element of our future.. He brings what this team requires, leadership and toughness. Let's let him walk and bring in another creampuff like Kaberle though.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:17 AM
  #481
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Lousy loss. But one thing's for sure. Too many folks like to parrot what is said on HNIC

This team at present is in disarray. Lots of reasons why. I really don't think Price is one of them. Unless of course one expects a player to be good every night and steal games for us whenever the scoring is not there, which seems to be quite often lately

Patches and Higgins were the only guys who looked remotely dangerous out there. I have no idea what Kovalev was doing. Koivu does not appear to be himself yet.

This failure to play well has been a collective effort. No one guy bears the burden. When that happens a lot, eyes will start to look towards the coach. Can't say that it would be unreasonable to do so

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:27 AM
  #482
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Lousy loss. But one thing's for sure. Too many folks like to parrot what is said on HNIC
Exactly! The same people that raved about Price's calm demeanor as a valuable asset for a goalie in a fan-crazed market like Montreal are now saying he's too non-chalant and doesn't display enough urgency just because they heard Craig Simpson say it a dozen times last night. Ridiculous.

Soon people will be taking PJ Stock's word as gospel.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:45 AM
  #483
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Well, regardless of what anyone says, it doesn't change the fact that Price was absolutely brutal last night. However, it doesn't mean he's going back to Hamilton (we don't have Huet to start like last year, we've got Halak, who happens to be young and inconsistent as well).

I feel that Price's work ethic is lackluster. He bailed on the team last night. But to be fair, his team bailed on him several times this season with pathetic efforts, and he wasn't scheduled to start. However, it doesn't excuse his complete and utter disinterest, and he's also been bad since he returned from his injury. Maybe he's picking up some of Kovalev's habits!

Carbonneau I don't have a problem with, but at some point, you have to ask? Is it the personnel or is it the guy who's tasked with getting the most out of them? Or is it Gainey's fault for giving his coach uncoachable fiends like Kovalev...?

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:26 AM
  #484
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Streit didn't sign because he wanted to play D. I wouldn't blame that on the GM.
Thats completely false. Streit didn't sign here because he wasn't even offered a contract. Gainey made no attempt to re-sign him. Streit and his agent put in a bid to BG last year for 2.5 million per year and BG never even countered the offer. He had no interest in Streit, BIG mistake!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
  #485
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
only untouchables are price markov and koivu right now

everyone has a price komisarek is the closest to untouchable but hes ufa
I'd have to agree, although i would throw Patches in there as well. I think if someone came calling with a great deal for komi, I think Gainey definitely thinks about it.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
  #486
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
"1-Like Gainey needs another soft defenseman who had no return value because he had no real NHL experience when he was claimed by Columbus.

SIGNED FOR $4 MILLION JUST THIS YEAR- THAT IS HIS VALUE- GAINEY STUPIDLY FORGOT NHE COULD BE CLAIMED OFF WAIVERS.

2- And Aebischer is any better? Remember how we got Huet in the first place? You can thank Gainey for that.

NOT THE POINT- HE ALSO GOT AEBISHER-REMEMBER! HE PUT IMMENSE PRESSURE ON PRICE WHO THEN CRACKED.

3- See #1 for Beauchemin and Robidas. Ninnimaa was a good idea but he didn't work out.
NIMIMAA ? HE GOT HIS CLOCK CLEANED!

4- Streit and Ryder, Gainey had a winning team, what was he gonna do, sell his team? As for those three being lost in the free agency, Gainey wanted to keep them but they were asking too much so he asked them to leave.

RYDER DIDNT EVEN PLAY IN MOST OF GAMES AFTER DEADLINE. IN BRUINS-FLYERS GAME IN MIDWEEK THIS WEEK KEITH JONES NOTED AFTER RYDER SCORED THAT NIGHT - HABS DIDNT EVEN DRESS HIM VS. FLYERS IN SERIES LAST SPRING YET GAINEY DIDNT TRADE THE FREE AGENT TO BE AWAY. IS KEITH JONES AN IDIOT TOO?

5- Bouillon and Dandenault are both good bottom pairing players. I don't see what your problem is. Brisebois, with all of his experience, is a steal for 700,000$ in a roster that has to deal with a salary cap.
THEY ARE INFERIOR PLAYERS - BOTH ROBIDAS AND HAINSEY FAR SUPERIOR!

6- Trading Huet didn't ruin Price. Price is just having a hard time right now. Gainey saw that Price was capable of playing in the NHL and established him as the number one goalie. You're really bi-polar. For your long rant you were complaining how Gainey let players go into free agency for nothing. Gainey gets a 2nd round pick for Huet and now you complain that it would've been better to let him walk at Free Agency because somehow it ruined Price's career!

IT DID PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON PRICE AND PRICE CRACKED. YOU TRADE THEM FOR SOMETHING TO HELP THEM RIGHT IN THAT SEASON OR YOU PLAY THEM WHEN YOU ARE A CONTENDING TEAM.

7- The first one he was selling because his team wasn't a team that was going to win the Stanley Cup.

HABS WERE #7 SEED IN 1993.

The second one, he tried to get Hossa, but they kept asking for more and more because Pittsburgh was giving them ridiculous offers, so Gainey said no.
HABS NEEDED DEFENSE MORE LAST YEAR AND DEFENSEMEN DID CHANGE TEAMS. GAINEY ADDED NO ONE. FLYERS WIPED THEM OUT AFTER 0-12 BRUINS NEARELY DID TOO.

8- The answer to this question is game style. Ryder would've done well this year in Montreal, but he didn't prove himself last year to receive a 4 million dollar contract.
THEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRADED. HE WAS A GOAL SCORER. BRUINS STILL AFTER THAT TROUBLED YEAR SIGNED HIM FOR MORE MONEY THAN HE MADE HERE. SOME TEAM WOULD HAVE TRADED FOR HIM A DISGRUNTLED PLAYER. LIKE THEY DO FOR A SAMSONOV OR AN AVERY AND HE WAS NOT EVEN LIKE THEM.

9- Hamrlik? Samsonov? I think Samsonov's performance (not how he got here) alone explains that Montreal shouldn't gut depth for a player that had great seasons in the past because the player might not fit or we would rely on one line and if they didn't produce, we'd be even worst off than right now.
SAMSONOV OBVIOUSLY GETS ALONG BETTER WITH THOSE RUNNING CAROLINA THAN THOSE RUNNING THE HABS. IT SEEMS KOVALEV ALSO IS NOW HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS.

YOU CANT CHANGE ALL THE PLAYERS YOU CAN CHANGE THE COACH. THAT IS EXACTLY WHY IF YOU ARE A GM YOUR BEST FRIEND SHOULD NEVER BE YOUR COACH
Unbelievably dumb post. Every one of your points is WRONG. Sorry, just had to use my CAPS there.

You display no reason in your posts. Your facts are slanted to support your ridiculous theories as though you are enlightened and everybody else is dense. One case in point would be the Samsonov issue. The Oilers passed on him as a UFA and we signed him. He blew and we moved him to Chicago where he equally blew. Now he is having moderate success (minus 4 rating). I really miss him.

Only an 11 year old would post this garbage. Like I said, you won't last long on this board.

BTW, this is the same post as on another thread, do you post the same thing everywhere?

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:20 PM
  #487
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Thats completely false. Streit didn't sign here because he wasn't even offered a contract. Gainey made no attempt to re-sign him. Streit and his agent put in a bid to BG last year for 2.5 million per year and BG never even countered the offer. He had no interest in Streit, BIG mistake!
That is not true. There is no documented fact that there was ever even a discussion at all. Since when do agents make offers in the first place? Agents are more interested in testing the free market so why would the agent EVER make an offer to BG? Streit SAID he would have signed for less but there were no discussions.

If this is true you need to point to a link otherwise it is pure speculation.

Lastly, between Streit and an improving O'Byrne I would have made the same decision. I understand O'Byrne was a disappointment but I was OK with out 6 D's and Breezer as seventh at seasons beginning. Nobody could foresee the problems with O'Byrne so far.

After the playoffs nobody wanted him around. I know he was hurt and I loved Streit, he was a team player, but to sign him to $3M is too much let alone the $4M he got elsewhere.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
  #488
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
That is not true. There is no documented fact that there was ever even a discussion at all. Since when do agents make offers in the first place? Agents are more interested in testing the free market so why would the agent EVER make an offer to BG? Streit SAID he would have signed for less but there were no discussions.

If this is true you need to point to a link otherwise it is pure speculation.

Lastly, between Streit and an improving O'Byrne I would have made the same decision. I understand O'Byrne was a disappointment but I was OK with out 6 D's and Breezer as seventh at seasons beginning. Nobody could foresee the problems with O'Byrne so far.

After the playoffs nobody wanted him around. I know he was hurt and I loved Streit, he was a team player, but to sign him to $3M is too much let alone the $4M he got elsewhere.
wow ! The guy is playing 25 min. per game, He is in the + with the worst team in the NHL, and he is among the best d-man on PP and points.

Gimme a break ! At 4 millionh, he is now a bargain.


Price: I have the bad feeling that the Habs are "burning' the kid now. Halak must go back in goals a.s.a.p. OR maybe, the Habs should try to get Legacé, a vet goalie to support Price. The kid was very down at the end of last season's playoffs, and he is even deeper in his hole after yesterday's game. Does he have the mental toughness to rebound ? I hope they are gonna be patient with him.


Last edited by CanadienErrant*: 02-08-2009 at 12:41 PM.
CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
  #489
3TB3*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Lousy loss. But one thing's for sure. Too many folks like to parrot what is said on HNIC
BUT your own eyes though don't deceive you

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:12 PM
  #490
3TB3*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
"Unbelievably dumb post. Every one of your points is WRONG. Sorry, just had to use my CAPS there.

You display no reason in your posts. Your facts are slanted to support your ridiculous theories as though you are enlightened and everybody else is dense."
--
quite the opposite. point by point go ahead and prove each point is wrong!!!

--
"One case in point would be the Samsonov issue. The Oilers passed on him as a UFA and we signed him. He blew and we moved him to Chicago where he equally blew. Now he is having moderate success (minus 4 rating). I really miss him."
--
all i said is carolina got more out of him last year especially and now than carbo/gainey. sure other teams were as unsuccesful dealing with him as habs, but i repeat carolinas coach/gm are getting more out of him than carbo could. or they moved him up on carbo/gainey and the others. but he was just one of the players i mentioned who had trouble with gainey/carbo then left and are prospering. those are true facts.
--

"Only an 11 year old would post this garbage. Like I said, you won't last long on this board."
--
firstly some 11 year olds can see the truth wheras some obsessed fans are so biased it blinds them. i repeat argue each fact. you think it was smart of gainey to waste all the money on a 1st round pick and lose him for nothing because he forgot the waiver rules? i think hainsey or robidas is better than bouillion, brisebois, gorges(who is the only one who still should be on the habs of this group) and dandenault. much better. don't shoot the messenger because you dont like the true message.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:29 PM
  #491
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So Carbonneau hung Price out to dry in the press conference, huh?
Just another display of how this guy is a ****ing moron. He doesn't know people. He doesn't know his players. He certainly doesn't know how to coach. A 21 year old who's clearly putting the blame on his own shoulders should not be publicly humiliated during a press conference, hell, he shouldn't have been allowed to meet the press. The kid needs to stay in the lockerroom, talk with Koivu and some of the veterans (Not Kovalev) and sort this thing out. He's not the type of kid right now where you can call him out and expect him to bounce out of the gate next game and steal you a game. He's the kind of kid you've gotta protect and back right now. Carbonneau has to come out and say that the shots after the first period were lopsided in the Leafs favor, no one was ready to play tonight. You can't hang the loss on Carey's shoulders even if he may have been one of the biggest factors. He feels bad enough.
TRUTH..i couldnt believe when i heard carbo's comment.

he is all big and tough when it comes to a 21 year old playing his first full season but when it comes to actually making a tough decision the little ***** benches a rookie or 4th liner rather than benching kovy.

sometimes he should shut his mouth and do something himself rather than throw every player that has a bad shift under the bus in public.

this team lacks motivation. this team doesnt have an identity. this team doesnt have a system. some of the players clearly are not helping. but to me the coach isnt either. its ridiculous how quickly we fired julien and hired a guy with no coaching experience to basically coach a very young team with no experience

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
  #492
bigeddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
The Habs just ruined another kid, as usual. Price is way overrated as a goalie - he's average at best. He is big - that ia all he has going for him! What he did in junior and Hamilton was again way overblown by the fans and now we are seeing the true result.
If the Habs make the playoffs this year, I'll be very surprised.

bigeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
  #493
38 cupless years*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddy View Post
The Habs just ruined another kid, as usual. Price is way overrated as a goalie - he's average at best. He is big - that ia all he has going for him! What he did in junior and Hamilton was again way overblown by the fans and now we are seeing the true result.
If the Habs make the playoffs this year, I'll be very surprised.
hahhahaahaa, wow you're ****ing clueless.

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:02 PM
  #494
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddy View Post
The Habs just ruined another kid, as usual. Price is way overrated as a goalie - he's average at best. He is big - that ia all he has going for him! What he did in junior and Hamilton was again way overblown by the fans and now we are seeing the true result.
If the Habs make the playoffs this year, I'll be very surprised.
Looks like you took my spelling advice.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:03 PM
  #495
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He handled it incorrectly. He's doing more harm than good. If you understood the psychology of certain individuals you would understand what Carbonneau did last night by throwing Price under the bus in front of the media after he was taking it hard himself just made Price feel worse. You can't do that in this situation. Carbonneau should know god damn well that 20 of our wins this season have been a result of our goaltending because he hasn't coached his forward and defence lines to do anything properly this season.
So true. Maybe Carbonneau should look at himself and his coaching staff for not addressing needs on how to correct this team.

He is using Price as a scape goat for his short comings of poor coaching and player personel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
TRUTH..i couldnt believe when i heard carbo's comment.

he is all big and tough when it comes to a 21 year old playing his first full season but when it comes to actually making a tough decision the little ***** benches a rookie or 4th liner rather than benching kovy.

sometimes he should shut his mouth and do something himself rather than throw every player that has a bad shift under the bus in public.

this team lacks motivation. this team doesnt have an identity. this team doesnt have a system. some of the players clearly are not helping. but to me the coach isnt either. its ridiculous how quickly we fired julien and hired a guy with no coaching experience to basically coach a very young team with no experience
Carbo is not a players coach and you can see that. He has favorites and plays that way, look at Rivet and Ryder being ushered out because of his style. These are two players Montreal could use on this team.

To blame your problems on a 20-21 year old he may of well went out and said D'Ago and MaxPac need to pick up their game too!

Too much of letting Plekanec, AK and Kovalev play and float and not be accounted for their poor play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddy View Post
The Habs just ruined another kid, as usual. Price is way overrated as a goalie - he's average at best. He is big - that ia all he has going for him! What he did in junior and Hamilton was again way overblown by the fans and now we are seeing the true result.
If the Habs make the playoffs this year, I'll be very surprised.
They will ruin him, I disagree though because he is a really good goalie who will be great (it isn't just Montreal fans and media saying so either). But if they are going to put the pressure on him to win it all they are doing it wrong. He won in Hamilton with a good team, many of those players are with the Habs now or have been up and down showing there was more depth and skill there than on the parent club.

Montreal if they continue this poor quality play and throwing blame on young players and not the veteran will surely see a young Price sign an offer sheet next summer or ask for a trade. And how many players leave Montreal and blossom...almost 99% of them!

To me Management and Coaching philosphy has to change in Montreal, if not we will be a team with a 5 year plan every 5 years.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
  #496
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
The defense has been horrible and Price has been worse. How can the team win with this combination? Bouillon, Komi and Gorges have been terrible. Hammer and Markov have been good offensively but not so good in their zone. O'Byrne actually has been ok but doesn't play many minutes. Getting the puck out of the zone is difficult. Proper breakouts are difficult. Wingers play too high and our centermen aren't helping out enough. And Price? He is completely lost out there and not combative at all.

As the old saying goes, you can teach defense but not offense. Carbo and his staff need to do a better job at teaching defense. Jarvis is our defenseman coach. Why not have a real defenseman coach doing this job? Also, why do the players get so many days off from the rink when they could be learning a defensive system?

O'Byrne got better learning from Lever in the AHL. Too much time learning from Jarvis and Carbo and he becomes a pylon. Send him back down and he comes back a better defenseman.

Have Price and Halak improved under Melanson? Both seem to benefit from stints in the AHL and come back better goalies only to struggle after too much time with the big club.

All this to say that defense and goaltending are coaching issues and they have become a huge problem in Montreal. Something needs to be done.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
  #497
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
"Unbelievably dumb post. Every one of your points is WRONG. Sorry, just had to use my CAPS there.

You display no reason in your posts. Your facts are slanted to support your ridiculous theories as though you are enlightened and everybody else is dense."
Why dont you use the god damn quote or multiquote button so we can read the original posts in context?

Anyway your post are total armchair general BS. It's really easy to point out all the mistakes years after they happen. You just forget to realize that if you do the same for every god damn GM in the league you'll end up with a similar list. Not to mention you probably supported most of these moves...if you didnt then you're simply one of those who are always against every decision taken by someone in authority. In either case...it's still all BS.


Last edited by znk: 02-08-2009 at 02:45 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:43 PM
  #498
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
I'm a Carbo supporter, but even I am starting to question his methods after last night's loss. I saw a team that had no cohesiveness and no understanding of what they had to do when they were on the ice. When I watched Boston last weekend, it seemed as if each guy knew exactly where everybody else was on the ice and they ALWAYS made the right play at the right time. It's not a "confidence" issue...Boston has played so consistent all year, confidence is needed by a struggling team, not a top notch team.

Markov is our best player, Saku was fighting in there, and Kosto played hard as well. Everybody else was either average or invisible. And yes, Price stunk the joint out last night - 4 weak goals for sure.

I don't know what to think at this point...we just don't show up to play when we should. We're not good enough to be considered a solid team.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
  #499
Tarmore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
New question

I have a Pice question some what unrelated to the discussion at hand but not worthy of it's own thread.

It is something that would worry me if I were as Habs fan (which I'm not) but price wore no neck protection last night against the Leafs. One puck or errant skate blade and it's game over for him.

Why would the organization let him do that? They have quite a lot invested in the kid.

Tarmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:28 PM
  #500
xduckiex
Registered User
 
xduckiex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Wow. I love how quickly everyone bailed on Price. :
He's 21 years old.
This is his first season as a #1 goalie.
He's going to have ups and downs. This is a down. It's easy to panic and think that he'll never recover but be patient and instead of bailing on him support him.

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.