HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rucinsky Traded

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Un Prophete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthmall
Actually, Umberger is pretty much equivalent to a second round pick. If the Rangers don't sign him, we'll get a second pick as compensation from the league. What I'm hoping is that Sather will work out a deal with Umberger, let him become a UFA, and then sign him. That way we get a second and get to keep RJ also.

BTW, Grenier is crap.
I think we only get the 2nd if he signs with another team. I could be wrong though. So if we just did the 2nd in the trade and then signed RJ in the offseason we could have both. I guess its more of a sure thing this way though because if we waited then someone else could have just snatched him up. Sather better get him signed. He is worth a lot more than a mid 2nd rounder.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Edge

you're of course failing to realize that other teams were gonna bid for his services and also failing to realize that we were the only team looking to swoop him at the dealine and sign him up.

plus if he became a FA i'd be very shocked if he went anywhere but Pitts.

So even if we DONT sign him {which we will} then we get a second rounder. whereas if we dont sign him as a free agent, we get nada.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
you're of course failing to realize that other teams were gonna bid for his services and also failing to realize that we were the only team looking to swoop him at the dealine and sign him up.

plus if he became a FA i'd be very shocked if he went anywhere but Pitts.

So even if we DONT sign him {which we will} then we get a second rounder. whereas if we dont sign him as a free agent, we get nada.
Also, if he doesn't sign, you get the pick in the second of which he was in the first (i.e. the 16th pick) if it was vancouver's 2nd it would be like the 25th, so you're better off this way as well ... and Umberger is worth more than a 2nd, so its better.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Edge

it also goes back to what park#2 and i have been discussing in the sather/mcphee thread and the "RJ umberger" thread.

Closed Thread