HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and nothing more

Old
02-08-2009, 08:50 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Neil's stock is at an all time low right now. If they actually want Dawes for him then forget it. Even a 3rd seems like overpayment right now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Bringing in Neal would be stupid. We already have a future guy like that. His name is Byers. No reason to add a guy like that who will be 30 next year and give up Dawes plus a draft pick. That's just stupid. We don't need to add 8-10 goal role players. The organization drafted a ton of them.
I dont see Dane Byers being like Chris Neil. Neil is a open ice checker. a smashmouth player. Byers is like voros, but better in every single facet of the game. And i dont think any of us would compare voros to neil.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:55 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
I dont see Dane Byers being like Chris Neil. Neil is a open ice checker. a smashmouth player. Byers is like voros, but better in every single facet of the game. And i dont think any of us would compare voros to neil.
Byers has a mean streak. He also has hands. Neil had one decent offensive year on a powerhouse offensive team. Basically, he would do nothing here offensively and hit some people. That isn't what this team needs.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
As most of you know I do a lot of business with the Rangers both through the team and with the players directly. This last few days a few of the guys have told me they would rather take a slap shot in the groin then play with Avery. One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers. He is so nuts he even had a coffin in his apartment cause he liked it as art.

Renney I was told has Monday as a make or break day and if they lose bad or look sluggish he will be reassigned not fired. Jim Schonfeld would take over as they are looking for a hard ass coach.

Rangers fear the Bluejackets Islanders and Pitt may put in a claim for Avery. They are talking about Neil and were asked for Dawes and a second but would do a 3rd.

Thanks all for tonight maybe more after Prucha signing
hmm..

Old
02-08-2009, 09:16 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I don't know why, but I thought that was HILARIOUS.
Shame on you - It is a very serious matter
December 21st 2012 the world will end
Mayans knew this long ago
Now only The Weekly World News and some spoofey internet sites know of this

But that also means Sean Avery has almost half a season unsigned until the End of Times
Maybe he signs in France?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:39 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
A

Rangers fear the Bluejackets Islanders and Pitt may put in a claim for Avery. They are talking about Neil and were asked for Dawes and a second but would do a 3rd.

I would give up Dawes in a heartbeat to have Chris Neil. Neil tougher then Avery IMO.

Will also see you tonight with my party of 7. Ready to talk gossip.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
This last few days a few of the guys have told me they would rather take a slap shot in the groin then play with Avery. One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers. He is so nuts he even had a coffin in his apartment cause he liked it as art.
A perfect example of the wussification in the Rangers locker room.

Every one of those players who truely think and feel that way, should be shipped out of town....immediately!!!

Especially this line.........

" One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers. "

Are you friggin' kidding me? What a bunch of sissies on this team. No wonder this team is so bad.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

There has been a rash of unexplained Cheerios and Corn Flakes disappearances, which later resulted in the discovery of what appeared to be dumped cereal. But the pile was so badly decomposed, identifcation was impossible.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:21 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
As most of you know I do a lot of business with the Rangers both through the team and with the players directly. This last few days a few of the guys have told me they would rather take a slap shot in the groin then play with Avery. One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers. He is so nuts he even had a coffin in his apartment cause he liked it as art.

Renney I was told has Monday as a make or break day and if they lose bad or look sluggish he will be reassigned not fired. Jim Schonfeld would take over as they are looking for a hard ass coach.

Come on that can't all be serious about Avery? Maybe they were exaggerating? That's messed up. lol

What do they say Renney's assignment would be?

We may have had our disagreements in the past in debates, but i never question your accountability and credentials. So, i'm not saying you're making it up.

Despite what others say, Renney is very good at talent evaluation and developing young players, turning them into responsible players.

If he were to be reassigned i would like him to take over as head coach of the Wolf Pack and remain the head of player development.

I think it is a mistake to fire/demote Renney. I think Sather screwed up with the veteran players he signed, and this mess we are seeing is a result of that.

And you'll like this, Dagoon, i think they need more grit up front, but also in the form of scoring. Someone like Tuomo Ruutu. Who leads a team in hits and can pot 20 goals.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:26 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Avery hits free agency in 2012 maybe this is what the Mayans were talking about.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
I'd like Schoenfeld as the coach but didn't he turn down the job before they gave it to Renney? I thought he just wanted to relax these days and be more of a management kinda guy?

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:47 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
I'd like Schoenfeld as the coach but didn't he turn down the job before they gave it to Renney? I thought he just wanted to relax these days and be more of a management kinda guy?
People sometimes change their minds.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Avery hits free agency in 2012 maybe this is what the Mayans were talking about.
Gold.

And in my sig now.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Shame on you - It is a very serious matter
December 21st 2012 the world will end
Mayans knew this long ago
Now only The Weekly World News and some spoofey internet sites know of this

But that also means Sean Avery has almost half a season unsigned until the End of Times
Maybe he signs in France?
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded ********.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded ********.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

If Renney is reassigned, get him off the bench completely. Put him back in the director of player personnel position he was so good at. I would also think if Messier is really serious about coaching, see if he can work as an assistant. At this point, if he replaced Perry Pearn, what's the saying? We can't get any worse. What has Mess been doing these past 4 years anyways?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Byers has a mean streak. He also has hands. Neil had one decent offensive year on a powerhouse offensive team. Basically, he would do nothing here offensively and hit some people. That isn't what this team needs.
Maybe youre wrong. Maybe he is what this team. Maybe both he and avery are what this team needs. Yes this team needs a scorer. Yes they need to have a better PP. But for now until the trade deadline, they just simply need to get new blood in that locker room because they are a very lost team right now. They need a spark. Getting both avery and neil would be huge especially if you can deal Kalinin, Voros, and a mid to low pick because it seems as those Dallas would love to get rid avery, while Ottawa probably wouldnt mind unloading Neil. Then you save dawes, prucha for a package for a scorer.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
NYR Viper

Its not the offensive numbers that they so much need, they need to intimidate and have people who make the other teams defensemen look over their shoulders and be afraid to get hit. People who will create energy can still have positive effect on a team without scoring all of their goals.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
pld459666

Not only do I hope we get Avery, but I hope they find a way to get Neil as well.

Avery - Dubinsky - Neil

Nice

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

some problems are the Rangers just can't score and when your offense is such a non-threat, the forecheckers get bold, taking penalties isn't so bad, the whole opposing team sees it as an invitation to bowl over and take advantage of us, and then any system we might have had falls apart. Renney's worse offense is he does not adapt to this. He doesn't have some sort of plan B or C so the team is left to wallow and get beat.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
If Renney is reassigned, get him off the bench completely. Put him back in the director of player personnel position he was so good at. I would also think if Messier is really serious about coaching, see if he can work as an assistant. At this point, if he replaced Perry Pearn, what's the saying? We can't get any worse. What has Mess been doing these past 4 years anyways?
If Renny gets replaced mid season by Mark Messier I think you can pretty much count on Tom hitting the road.

Schoenfeld is the more likely candidate imo but that Sather Messier bond is pretty strong. He considers Messier his greatest project. Rightfully so...

02-08-2009, 05:13 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
If Renny gets replaced mid season by Mark Messier I think you can pretty much count on Tom hitting the road.

Schoenfeld is the more likely candidate imo but that Sather Messier bond is pretty strong. He considers Messier his greatest project. Rightfully so...
There are a lot of coaches out there who would be good fits for this team. I have said it before, I like Renney, he is a very underrated coach. However, this team needs a change and they know how to play defensively solid, so what they need is an offensively creative coach. Someone who will teach them how to blend their great defense with some semblence of an offense. The best example of this working would be in SJ this season. They brought in a new coach who is offensive minded and let go of a defensive minded coach and they have a team that now is good at both ends of the ice.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:17 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Avery's agent says anger management went better than expected

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Jim Schonfeld would take over as they are looking for a hard ass coach.
Schoenfeld a hardass? I don't think so. His reputation has been that he's a sweetheart coach who motivates but doesn't pay much attention to X's and O's. Which is exactly why he usually lasts for about a season and a half before he gets whacked.

Short term, I like Pat Quinn. Longer term, Tortarella.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Ola

Quote:
This last few days a few of the guys have told me they would rather take a slap shot in the groin then play with Avery.
Wow, its nice to see that these guys cares about the Rangers.

They rather go to Dallas and loose 10-2, while beeing paid millions of dollars, instead of having someone who is a tad uncomfortable on the team.

Id hate to ruin the nice and cousy feeling they have in the lockerroom.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote