HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Predators (03-09-04)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Bruins @ Predators (03-09-04)

HUGE MUST WIN GAME TONIGHT

that's all I can say about that.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
HUGE MUST WIN GAME TONIGHT

that's all I can say about that.
I totally agree. Every game from here on out is a huge game. The roster is final. Now we have to go out and get points. A key to that is winning home games. Game tonight should be a good one either way. This time of year is so much fun!!

Old
03-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Look for Arky to light the lamp...

Old
03-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Look for Arky to light the lamp...
Scratched tonight. We are flying, but our inability to stop the big players leads to a goal on the first shot on net for the Bruins, after we had pumped out 8.....

:/ We look great though, and the crowd sounds relally good!

Old
03-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I typed that having nearly a 100% bad feelin' about him being scratched. But Zholtok is an upgrade, so its cool by me.

Preds In-Game Chat

Old
03-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Sullivan!!!!!!!!!! 2 - 2!!!!!

Legwand is playing great, Bombadir looks pretty good. We look great out there. The only problem is that we dant contain the Bruins big line.

Well, looks like the problem turns into a goal. Exact same thing happens in the first and third goal.

Going back and looking at that goal, a Bruin completely wiped out the initial man covering Joe Thornton.

Last edited by Enoch: 03-09-2004 at 09:23 PM. Reason: God.....nm
Old
03-09-2004, 09:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

well, there went one point we could have desperately used, coming into a BRUTAL stretch of games. st louis wins in OT. if LA wins tonight...we're one point from being out of the playoffs. we get beat on the same play...twice.

sigh.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

heart breaker

Old
03-09-2004, 10:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
heart breaker

that's two in a row.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Jarnberg

This team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs if they can't hold a lead/tie. With the next strech of games, the Preds have put themselves in a position with little room for error. As this team is playing right now, I don't see them being a playoff team.

Allowing the Bruins to come down and score fourty something seconds after tying the game up is unacceptable.

Old
03-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
that's two in a row.
3rds a charm...Next time the knife will be thrust into me innards and twisted, 3 times. I swear, I am starting to get physically wore down this season from just watching this team play.

Old
03-10-2004, 02:54 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Man what a heartbreaker... I literally jumped out of my chair at work and shouted "YES!" when tied it up, everyone stood up from their cubicle and looked at me....

then Joe scored again

Old
03-10-2004, 03:52 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
What good is this whole “right now” push if they’re going to play like that? I’m sick of this, “trying to be cute, look for the pretty highlight pass instead of shooting” crap they pull. We came out in the first few minutes and just controlled everything. Everything! And then we let them walk right down there and score and it just deflated us. All that work for nothing. After that first goal, we just stopped doing what we were before.

And it’s not like we didn’t get chances. We had 6 PP’s to work with. Zid’s pass and Sully’s goal were things of beauty. Johnson’s SHG was great, too. They had ONE powerplay and we cashed in, there is no way we should have given this game away!! Raycroft was unbelievable. He made those first 8 stops in the first period and that got him in the game. From then, he was great. I wish we had a goalie that could handle the puck like him. And why would no one go to the front of the net? We just stood around while Boston had all their players in front of their goalie. How do we let Thornton just walk around the net, untouched, twice, and score? Sure, the Bruins set some nice picks to get big Joe all alone but, someone should have been able to pick him up and at least try to get in front of his shot.

I’m pissed at the way they played and I have a rant and I don’t give a crap if I’m the only one who thinks this way, or skip it, it‘s just pissy rambling. :mad: Everyone is quick to criticize Legwand just because a shot doesn’t go into the net or he misses a pass. Well, what the hell did the rest of the team do tonight? Is he the only freaking player out there? NO. I’m not stupid, I know he’s not playing the way we all think he should/could be. And I criticize him when he won‘t go into the battles along the boards or turns the puck over, too, but some people need to open their eyes and see that he’s not the only one out there that makes mistakes! And these same people are so eager to point out the tiniest mistake that they won’t even acknowledge when he makes a good play. Hell, when Legwand scores a goal they just sit there and pout and shake their heads. You can’t have it both ways. Either acknowledge when he does good or stop complaining that he doesn’t score every night. The Bruins goals will probably be blamed on Legwand anyways even though he wasn’t even on the ice at the time.
But you know something, he only has 7 less points right now than he had last year. But I guess because he’s not flashy or a liability on his defense, that makes him crap.
I’m just so sick of hearing those people speak. All Legwand has to do is put one skate on the ice and they start up. But yet let any other player make a mistake and it’s “oh nice try.” Rant over. for now.

HARTNELL COME BACK! SOMEONE HAS TO GO TO THE FRONT OF THE NET!

Bombardir: Get rid of the #5. Pick a new number, any number, that one is tainted. (sorry delmore, you’re a nice guy, but not a good nhl defenseman)

Old
03-10-2004, 07:15 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Greg Johnson was manhandled on all three goals.

Old
03-10-2004, 07:20 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
It might have went unseen, but IMO adam hall played a hell of a game. It really made me sick to see the first thorton goal and even more sick to see the EXACT same thing happen again.I don't think we played a terrible game. We definitely had some great chances, but raycroft really did a number on us. I'm not too terribly discouraged and sure haven't lost hope.

This is a bit off the subject, but why did we send wyatt smith down last week? Was Poile working on some other deals that didn't happen?

Old
03-10-2004, 07:35 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Greg Johnson was manhandled on all three goals.
Yup, but did Trotz really try another line out there against Thornton? We were beaten by one person last night and Trotz did very little to stop it. He made two noticeable changes in dealing with Thornton. He subbed in Hall for Stevenson after the first period, and he put in Hamhuis for Bomber midway through the game. He didn't change philosophy or lines, just two people.

Old
03-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Bruwinz37

Hey, Bruins fan here, just want to you guys to know that you have a heckuva team on your hands. They play hard and they are intense. I really hope you make the playoffs out west and do some damage.

Two big obstacles you faced last night is that when Joe Thornton plays with that type of drive no one will stop him, and second Andrew Raycroft is becoming one of the best goalies in the game.

Keep the faith, I am sure you guys will make it.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Martin Erat is the man., does anyone else hustle on every shift like he does? He flies down into the corners and does battle., only to look around and see that he is the only one down there and the rest of his team mates are back on the blue line. This dump and retreat style of hockey will get us nowhere.

and I thought Zholtok was ok- didnt really see any differences between him and Arkhi.

Bomber however, I thought that guy looked horrible, he seemed to giev the puck up every time he touched it.

maybe Im just in a bad mood after watching that game., on to Thursday.

---and where was the goaltender interference on those goals?----

Old
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Spaceace

Thank ya, Boston!!!!!

Old
03-10-2004, 12:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Martin Erat is the man., does anyone else hustle on every shift like he does? He flies down into the corners and does battle., only to look around and see that he is the only one down there and the rest of his team mates are back on the blue line. This dump and retreat style of hockey will get us nowhere.

and I thought Zholtok was ok- didnt really see any differences between him and Arkhi.

Bomber however, I thought that guy looked horrible, he seemed to giev the puck up every time he touched it.

maybe Im just in a bad mood after watching that game., on to Thursday.

---and where was the goaltender interference on those goals?----

zholtok- looked a little lost, but i think a lot of that is the fact that he has only had one practice with a team that plays a different system than he's used to.

bombadir- made a bad play on the first goal, but it wasn't exactly all his fault, either. aside from that, i think he played a pretty solid game.

Closed Thread