HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo needs centers, has D, Wingers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
  #26
almo4w1n
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
What ever happened to Derek Roy?

almo4w1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:47 PM
  #27
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Todd White and Eric Christensen

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
  #28
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Todd White and Eric Christensen

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.
Done.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:18 AM
  #29
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,885
vCash: 500
Gagner+more if needed.
for
Stafford and Myers


Last edited by Ghostbuster: 02-09-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:52 AM
  #30
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by almo4w1n View Post
What ever happened to Derek Roy?
He's been playing fantastic for us since like early December.

We only need a center to replace Connolly when he hurts his vag again. I don't see how people can say "it appears as though is injury problems are over". It's been like 15 games. I'm not that impressed.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
  #31
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Gagner+more if needed.
for
Stafford and Myers
Define more. This trade is terrible for Buffalo as right now Stafford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gagner. Myers is our top prospect.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
  #32
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
how about drury?
I'd take Drury back to Buffalo, but you'd have to take some salary back. Hecht for Drury could be win-win for both teams.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:25 AM
  #33
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I'd take Drury back to Buffalo, but you'd have to take some salary back. Hecht for Drury could be win-win for both teams.
That ship, that expensive ship, has sailed. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo4w1n View Post
What ever happened to Derek Roy?
Roy's fine -- the issue is Connolly's consistent injury issues beyond just the concussion, Gaustad is out with a shoulder injury, and Hecht has struggled all season. Landing another center gives them insurance for a potential Connolly injury and they can slide Hecht back to LW where he has looked more comfortable in stints this year.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:26 AM
  #34
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Boyle + for Kotalik + Paille? Something like that?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:27 AM
  #35
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Gagner+more if needed.
for
Stafford and Myers
I like Gagner, but you aren't getting both Stafford and Myers. At this point, I have a hard time parting with Stafford for Gagne straight up. And Myers is our best prospect. I don't see Edmonton and Buffalo being good trading partners, esp. given their recent history.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
  #36
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That ship, that expensive ship, has sailed. No thanks.
You'd rather have Hecht+3.5 million in cap space than Chris Drury?

Its likely a moot point anyways, Drury would have to accept a trade back to Buffalo, which I doubt would happen. Briere on the other hand would probably come running back if given the chance. However, his salary (not cap hit, mind you) makes Drury almost look like a bargain.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
  #37
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Boyle + for Kotalik + Paille? Something like that?
I like Boyle as a project, but not necessarily when looking for something in a more established, productive 2/3 type pivot.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:40 AM
  #38
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
You'd rather have Hecht+3.5 million in cap space than Chris Drury?

Its likely a moot point anyways, Drury would have to accept a trade back to Buffalo, which I doubt would happen. Briere on the other hand would probably come running back if given the chance. However, his salary (not cap hit, mind you) makes Drury almost look like a bargain.
For starters, I don't see Drury accepting a deal. He followed the money and went where he wanted to be. He has the NMC, I just don't see him being interested in moving.

Secondly, there is the cost of his deal long-term. I'm not thrilled with Broken's deal right now, let alone doubling it for an older player.

Thirdly, I'd be interested to see what a 'room taken over by Miller, Rivet, and Gaustad would say regarding bringing Drury back. I can see them coming around to it, but there could be some weirdness in the short-term to work out.

The first two are bigger considerations -- I would imagine anyone brought in to help would be welcomed in the room -- but would Drury take the deal away from his stated dream and would the Sabres be willing to pay him $7 million the next two years?

As for Briere... also no thanks. The tension between him and the front-office, his health issues, his salary, his wife's dislike of the front office.... No. No, you can't go home again.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:09 AM
  #39
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I'd take Drury back to Buffalo, but you'd have to take some salary back. Hecht for Drury could be win-win for both teams.
done

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:07 AM
  #40
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
For starters, I don't see Drury accepting a deal. He followed the money and went where he wanted to be. He has the NMC, I just don't see him being interested in moving.

Secondly, there is the cost of his deal long-term. I'm not thrilled with Broken's deal right now, let alone doubling it for an older player.

Thirdly, I'd be interested to see what a 'room taken over by Miller, Rivet, and Gaustad would say regarding bringing Drury back. I can see them coming around to it, but there could be some weirdness in the short-term to work out.

The first two are bigger considerations -- I would imagine anyone brought in to help would be welcomed in the room -- but would Drury take the deal away from his stated dream and would the Sabres be willing to pay him $7 million the next two years?

As for Briere... also no thanks. The tension between him and the front-office, his health issues, his salary, his wife's dislike of the front office.... No. No, you can't go home again.

Well, I don't think we should pay Drury 7 million either. But if we can get rid of our worst contract and little else to get him, the extra 3.5 million doesn't seem so bad. Like I said, i doubt he comes here, but in the right situation, I'd take him back. 60 point range, reliable, wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and good leader. Basically everything you want in a 2nd line center, with an inflated price tag

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
  #41
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,642
vCash: 500
I would do Hecht + Afinogenov for Drury.....

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:38 AM
  #42
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I would do Hecht + Afinogenov for Drury.....
done as well. but like others have said, drury has a NMC and is captain, so unfortunately he won't get traded...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
  #43
Paradigm
Registered User
 
Paradigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Todd White and Eric Christensen

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.
I like it. Get 'er done, Darcy.

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:14 AM
  #44
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,406
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 View Post
Are you even a Sabres fan? You have this stupid hatred of Pominville and you're willing to accept trades that make absolutely no sense for us.

Our second line looks like absolute garbage after a trade like that. We don't need a freaking Center right now.
Vanek-Spezza-Stafford
Roy-Connolly-Kotalik - 2nd line looks fine to me. Roy was awesome on the LW with Drury
MacArthur-Gaustad-Kaleta
Paille-Mair-Ellis

Volchenkov-Lydman - this would be one of the best and most physical top pairs Buffalo has had in ages.
Butler-Rivet
Spacek-Kuba
x Numminen

Ottawa takes Tallinder too to even out salary.

Vanek-Spezza for the next 5 years? yes please. Vanek would be putting up Heatley numbers. Roy would slip right into the 2nd line scoring role and would rarely, if ever, see top pairing and checking lines that would have to focus on Vanek-Spezza. Our D with Volchenkov is nasty physical...

you dont pass on a trade for a to 10 center and a top 20 defensive defensemen... especially when not one of your top 3 players is given up (Vanek, Roy, Miller)

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
  #45
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
I like it. Get 'er done, Darcy.
yay! I finally came up with a good trade that works for both teams.

White's been great but we need a guy who is a little more physical at center...especially since we're getting Tavares anyway to take White's place, and we have Peverley as our #2. If we don't get Tavares, we have Esposito to take White's place.

As for Christensen and Afinogenov...Maxim could click with Kovalchuk, and Christensen is highly skilled but has no confidence, and is even going to a sports psychologist right now. Getting him out of Atlanta and the depressing, mopey coach John Anderson who mumbles about "dark clouds" following the team will do the kid good.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
  #46
The Real
Registered User
 
The Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Vanek-Spezza-Stafford
Roy-Connolly-Kotalik - 2nd line looks fine to me. Roy was awesome on the LW with Drury
MacArthur-Gaustad-Kaleta
Paille-Mair-Ellis

Volchenkov-Lydman - this would be one of the best and most physical top pairs Buffalo has had in ages.
Butler-Rivet
Spacek-Kuba
x Numminen

Ottawa takes Tallinder too to even out salary.

Vanek-Spezza for the next 5 years? yes please. Vanek would be putting up Heatley numbers. Roy would slip right into the 2nd line scoring role and would rarely, if ever, see top pairing and checking lines that would have to focus on Vanek-Spezza. Our D with Volchenkov is nasty physical...

you dont pass on a trade for a to 10 center and a top 20 defensive defensemen... especially when not one of your top 3 players is given up (Vanek, Roy, Miller)

OMG yes please. That would just be sickening.

The Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
  #47
OpethianSabre20
..........
 
OpethianSabre20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Youngstown, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
I like your list Doak, but I think you need to add C-Mac to it. I think him and one of the Sabres's prospects on defense could get them something pretty good.

As for the situation at hand, I think Buffalo needs to see if they can call up one of the guys from Portland (probably Zagrapan or Gerbe if they do callup anyone) and see if they can still get the job done until Vanek comes back before they make any deals IMO.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:19 AM
  #48
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,406
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
I like your list Doak, but I think you need to add C-Mac to it. I think him and one of the Sabres's prospects on defense could get them something pretty good.

As for the situation at hand, I think Buffalo needs to see if they can call up one of the guys from Portland (probably Zagrapan or Gerbe if they do callup anyone) and see if they can still get the job done until Vanek comes back before they make any deals IMO.
i doubt Buffalo calls anyone up. in fact i guarantee they don't. Paille will be back in the LU.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
  #49
OpethianSabre20
..........
 
OpethianSabre20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Youngstown, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i doubt Buffalo calls anyone up. in fact i guarantee they don't. Paille will be back in the LU.
Why can't they do both Jame? Put Paetsch back on D, send Weber down to help Portland on D (he hasn't looked that good anyway), have Paille take Paetsch's spot on forward and call up either Zagrapan or Gerbe from Portland to take Vanek's spot.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
  #50
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,406
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
Why can't they do both Jame? Put Paetsch back on D, send Weber down to help Portland on D (he hasn't looked that good anyway), have Paille take Paetsch's spot on forward and call up either Zagrapan or Gerbe from Portland to take Vanek's spot.
they could. i would love it.... but they won't. Regier doesn't do call ups unless they are needed. And im sure he doesn't want to breakup Ellis-Mair-Paetsch yet, that line has been all sorts of good for a 4th line.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.