HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo needs centers, has D, Wingers

Old
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
almo4w1n

vCash: 500
What ever happened to Derek Roy?

almo4w1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Todd White and Eric Christensen

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.
Done.

02-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Ghostbuster

Gagner+more if needed.
for
Stafford and Myers

Last edited by Ghostbuster: 02-09-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:52 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo4w1n View Post
He's been playing fantastic for us since like early December.

We only need a center to replace Connolly when he hurts his vag again. I don't see how people can say "it appears as though is injury problems are over". It's been like 15 games. I'm not that impressed.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Gagner+more if needed.
for
Stafford and Myers
Define more. This trade is terrible for Buffalo as right now Stafford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gagner. Myers is our top prospect.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
how about drury?
I'd take Drury back to Buffalo, but you'd have to take some salary back. Hecht for Drury could be win-win for both teams.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I'd take Drury back to Buffalo, but you'd have to take some salary back. Hecht for Drury could be win-win for both teams.
That ship, that expensive ship, has sailed. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo4w1n View Post
Roy's fine -- the issue is Connolly's consistent injury issues beyond just the concussion, Gaustad is out with a shoulder injury, and Hecht has struggled all season. Landing another center gives them insurance for a potential Connolly injury and they can slide Hecht back to LW where he has looked more comfortable in stints this year.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:26 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Boyle + for Kotalik + Paille? Something like that?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:27 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Gagner+more if needed.
for
Stafford and Myers
I like Gagner, but you aren't getting both Stafford and Myers. At this point, I have a hard time parting with Stafford for Gagne straight up. And Myers is our best prospect. I don't see Edmonton and Buffalo being good trading partners, esp. given their recent history.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That ship, that expensive ship, has sailed. No thanks.
You'd rather have Hecht+3.5 million in cap space than Chris Drury?

Its likely a moot point anyways, Drury would have to accept a trade back to Buffalo, which I doubt would happen. Briere on the other hand would probably come running back if given the chance. However, his salary (not cap hit, mind you) makes Drury almost look like a bargain.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Boyle + for Kotalik + Paille? Something like that?
I like Boyle as a project, but not necessarily when looking for something in a more established, productive 2/3 type pivot.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
You'd rather have Hecht+3.5 million in cap space than Chris Drury?

Its likely a moot point anyways, Drury would have to accept a trade back to Buffalo, which I doubt would happen. Briere on the other hand would probably come running back if given the chance. However, his salary (not cap hit, mind you) makes Drury almost look like a bargain.
For starters, I don't see Drury accepting a deal. He followed the money and went where he wanted to be. He has the NMC, I just don't see him being interested in moving.

Secondly, there is the cost of his deal long-term. I'm not thrilled with Broken's deal right now, let alone doubling it for an older player.

Thirdly, I'd be interested to see what a 'room taken over by Miller, Rivet, and Gaustad would say regarding bringing Drury back. I can see them coming around to it, but there could be some weirdness in the short-term to work out.

The first two are bigger considerations -- I would imagine anyone brought in to help would be welcomed in the room -- but would Drury take the deal away from his stated dream and would the Sabres be willing to pay him $7 million the next two years?

As for Briere... also no thanks. The tension between him and the front-office, his health issues, his salary, his wife's dislike of the front office.... No. No, you can't go home again.

Old
02-09-2009, 06:09 AM
jniklast

Quote:
done

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:07 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
For starters, I don't see Drury accepting a deal. He followed the money and went where he wanted to be. He has the NMC, I just don't see him being interested in moving.

Secondly, there is the cost of his deal long-term. I'm not thrilled with Broken's deal right now, let alone doubling it for an older player.

Thirdly, I'd be interested to see what a 'room taken over by Miller, Rivet, and Gaustad would say regarding bringing Drury back. I can see them coming around to it, but there could be some weirdness in the short-term to work out.

The first two are bigger considerations -- I would imagine anyone brought in to help would be welcomed in the room -- but would Drury take the deal away from his stated dream and would the Sabres be willing to pay him $7 million the next two years?

As for Briere... also no thanks. The tension between him and the front-office, his health issues, his salary, his wife's dislike of the front office.... No. No, you can't go home again.

Well, I don't think we should pay Drury 7 million either. But if we can get rid of our worst contract and little else to get him, the extra 3.5 million doesn't seem so bad. Like I said, i doubt he comes here, but in the right situation, I'd take him back. 60 point range, reliable, wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and good leader. Basically everything you want in a 2nd line center, with an inflated price tag

Old
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Luceni

I would do Hecht + Afinogenov for Drury.....

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:38 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I would do Hecht + Afinogenov for Drury.....
done as well. but like others have said, drury has a NMC and is captain, so unfortunately he won't get traded...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.
I like it. Get 'er done, Darcy.

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 View Post
Are you even a Sabres fan? You have this stupid hatred of Pominville and you're willing to accept trades that make absolutely no sense for us.

Our second line looks like absolute garbage after a trade like that. We don't need a freaking Center right now.
Vanek-Spezza-Stafford
Roy-Connolly-Kotalik - 2nd line looks fine to me. Roy was awesome on the LW with Drury
MacArthur-Gaustad-Kaleta
Paille-Mair-Ellis

Volchenkov-Lydman - this would be one of the best and most physical top pairs Buffalo has had in ages.
Butler-Rivet
Spacek-Kuba
x Numminen

Ottawa takes Tallinder too to even out salary.

Vanek-Spezza for the next 5 years? yes please. Vanek would be putting up Heatley numbers. Roy would slip right into the 2nd line scoring role and would rarely, if ever, see top pairing and checking lines that would have to focus on Vanek-Spezza. Our D with Volchenkov is nasty physical...

you dont pass on a trade for a to 10 center and a top 20 defensive defensemen... especially when not one of your top 3 players is given up (Vanek, Roy, Miller)

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
I like it. Get 'er done, Darcy.
yay! I finally came up with a good trade that works for both teams.

White's been great but we need a guy who is a little more physical at center...especially since we're getting Tavares anyway to take White's place, and we have Peverley as our #2. If we don't get Tavares, we have Esposito to take White's place.

As for Christensen and Afinogenov...Maxim could click with Kovalchuk, and Christensen is highly skilled but has no confidence, and is even going to a sports psychologist right now. Getting him out of Atlanta and the depressing, mopey coach John Anderson who mumbles about "dark clouds" following the team will do the kid good.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
The Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Vanek-Spezza-Stafford
Roy-Connolly-Kotalik - 2nd line looks fine to me. Roy was awesome on the LW with Drury
MacArthur-Gaustad-Kaleta
Paille-Mair-Ellis

Volchenkov-Lydman - this would be one of the best and most physical top pairs Buffalo has had in ages.
Butler-Rivet
Spacek-Kuba
x Numminen

Ottawa takes Tallinder too to even out salary.

Vanek-Spezza for the next 5 years? yes please. Vanek would be putting up Heatley numbers. Roy would slip right into the 2nd line scoring role and would rarely, if ever, see top pairing and checking lines that would have to focus on Vanek-Spezza. Our D with Volchenkov is nasty physical...

you dont pass on a trade for a to 10 center and a top 20 defensive defensemen... especially when not one of your top 3 players is given up (Vanek, Roy, Miller)

OMG yes please. That would just be sickening.

The Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
OpethianSabre20

I like your list Doak, but I think you need to add C-Mac to it. I think him and one of the Sabres's prospects on defense could get them something pretty good.

As for the situation at hand, I think Buffalo needs to see if they can call up one of the guys from Portland (probably Zagrapan or Gerbe if they do callup anyone) and see if they can still get the job done until Vanek comes back before they make any deals IMO.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
I like your list Doak, but I think you need to add C-Mac to it. I think him and one of the Sabres's prospects on defense could get them something pretty good.

As for the situation at hand, I think Buffalo needs to see if they can call up one of the guys from Portland (probably Zagrapan or Gerbe if they do callup anyone) and see if they can still get the job done until Vanek comes back before they make any deals IMO.
i doubt Buffalo calls anyone up. in fact i guarantee they don't. Paille will be back in the LU.

Old
02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i doubt Buffalo calls anyone up. in fact i guarantee they don't. Paille will be back in the LU.
Why can't they do both Jame? Put Paetsch back on D, send Weber down to help Portland on D (he hasn't looked that good anyway), have Paille take Paetsch's spot on forward and call up either Zagrapan or Gerbe from Portland to take Vanek's spot.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
Why can't they do both Jame? Put Paetsch back on D, send Weber down to help Portland on D (he hasn't looked that good anyway), have Paille take Paetsch's spot on forward and call up either Zagrapan or Gerbe from Portland to take Vanek's spot.
they could. i would love it.... but they won't. Regier doesn't do call ups unless they are needed. And im sure he doesn't want to breakup Ellis-Mair-Paetsch yet, that line has been all sorts of good for a 4th line.