HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New Lines at Practice

Old
02-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Chris Drury-Scott Gomez-Markus Naslund

Watch Renny play this line for 42 minutes tomorrow night as a final FU to the players that bailed on him in Dallas

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Nigel Dawes at center?

I'm starting to feel bad for Tom Renny.
He's not at center.

It was uninformed reporting.

Dawes is on the wing. Korpikoski is at center.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Who does Petr Prucha have to blow to get back in the lineup?
I think Prucha might be happy not to get in the lineup with this bunch of losers, at least they cant blame him for the 10 goals they gave up in Dallas or the spanking they are gonna get in NJ tomorrow!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbox81 View Post
packing his bags for home.

Its not that he makes/doesn't make changes after a blow-out. Its that he constantly makes changes after a game. period. we haven't had many consistent lines in his tenure here, and his quote in the NYPost spoke volumes to me:
So the fact that his constant need to shuffle lines is indicative of his bad coaching, and not just the lack of chemistry among his players? Not to mention the fact that the lines were pretty consistent until we hit this recent losing streak.

Quote:
"We've got to strip it down to bare bones where it's simply about each individual and his commitment to the organization. I have no problem with creativity. Defensive responsibility does not stifle creativity. I have a problem with turnovers at the blue line or three forwards fishing for the puck below the goal line. Those are the kinds of things that can't be tolerated and won't be tolerated, and I'm not talking about just skipping over a guy for a shift or two, either."

Back to bare bones? Not stifling creativity? Responsibility for mistakes? None of these things have happened under the Sather/Renney regime. At least make a first step for the situation and fire Perry Pearn so our power play can do anything different (also don't put Rosi on the point?)
Why is the first step in the right direction firing Pearn? Isn't the first step holding his players accountable? He's finally showing some intensity and benching guys like Gomez, and people still aren't happy. It's ridiculous.

There isn't enough talent on this roster to be creative offensively.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:04 PM
chosen

If you have 9 forwards who don't score goals, why is it that people can't understand the very simple notion that those 9 forwards, no matter how they are distributed, cannot yield good lines?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
chosen

If only Prucha was in there. The Rangers would be a juggernaut, the economy would turn around and the crisis in the Mid East would be over. Darn that Renney.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:14 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If only Prucha was in there. The Rangers would be a juggernaut, the economy would turn around and the crisis in the Mid East would be over. Darn that Renney.
I don't think anyone saying that Prucha is the savior, just that he should be in over some other players... ie. Voros.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I don't think anyone saying that Prucha is the savior, just that he should be in over some other players... ie. Voros.
Both need to switch the pills they are taking. Voros is bigger. Bigger is better.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
BleedBlue4491

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Both need to switch the pills they are taking. Voros is bigger. Bigger is better.
Voros is bigger, and only uses it in one sense: screening the goalie. Even with that, this team does not score goals. At least put Prucha in, because he's noticeable on the ice. I don't ever notice Voros during a game.

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:17 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Prucha needs to be in the lineup. Aaron Voros is as bad as a hockey player as I've ever seen. He's a Colton Orr without the cycling skills, checking, fighting, and somewhat of what they call athletic ability.

I for one cannot believe he's a professional hockey player let a alone a professional athlete. Because certainly, if he is a pro athlete, then my garage door should be making money for going up and down.

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue4491 View Post
Voros is bigger, and only uses it in one sense: screening the goalie. Even with that, this team does not score goals. At least put Prucha in, because he's noticeable on the ice. I don't ever notice Voros during a game.
I don't think that's true... I know I always notice him when he's skating to the penalty box....

Old
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Jake0617

Send a message via AIM to Jake0617
Why the hell is Dawes playing pivot? And I echo: Why is Z on line number three? (hehe, it rhymes!)

Seriously though, between the Knicks being the Knicks, the A-Rod scandal (though I'm not surprised at all), the Jets just sucking, and the Rangers failing, it has been rough recently for a NY sports fan.

Jake0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake0617 View Post
Why the hell is Dawes playing pivot? And I echo: Why is Z on line number three? (hehe, it rhymes!)

Seriously though, between the Knicks being the Knicks, the A-Rod scandal (though I'm not surprised at all), the Jets just sucking, and the Rangers failing, it has been rough recently for a NY sports fan.
Again, the female writer at the Journal News had the lines all jumbled

Here's what Andrew Gross (Bergen Record) had -

Quote:
Markus Naslund-Scott Gomez-Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan-Brandon Dubinsky-Nikolai Zherdev
Nigel Dawes-Lauri Korpikoski-Fredrik Sjostrom
Aaron Voros-Blair Betts-Colton Orr

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I DO think this is stupid BUT cally and zherdev on the same line dosen't sound that bad to me, a set up man and a guy who works hard and will get dirty to get the puck ,nothing wrong with that.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
McMonster

Is there any combination that they haven't tried yet?

I'm pretty sure we've seen every possible combination of lines.

Last edited by McMonster: 02-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.
McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:32 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
Is there combination that they haven't tried yet?

I'm pretty sure we've seen every possible combination of lines.
They haven't tried putting renney on the checking line yet

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Fletch

I'm all for line changes, but personally they need to make sense. Centers should play center; left wingers should play left wing; right wingers should play right wing; and Betts should be on the fourth line. This Korpikoski at center crap needs to end. He's a 20 year old kid who's a winger. Why screw with this kid just to fit him into the lineup? He's been horrible at center and is more valuable at wing. If there's no space for him now as a winger then send him to HFD, call up Anisimov and there's your centerman. I was sick of Dubi at wing. He's a centerman. Keep him there. Too many centerman on the team? Then get rid of one or move Drury to the wing. And, perhaps Dubi's really a third line centerman. Perhaps Renney should quit trying to float his boat higher and create "balance," which is really just "dilution" and play Zherdev on a different line and create a third line that's consists of third line players.

While I don't konw everything, here are some observations: Zherdev should be playing with Gomez - why not try to create a real first line? Why not try to get more pucks to the team's leading goal scorer? Callahan should be playing with Drury. Dubi should be playing with third liners. The fourth line should look like a fourth line and there's no need to play Orr every night.

Further, if these lines were constructed to create more offense, then perhaps there should be talk of Prucha. Why not? He has the same amount of goals as Sjo, who along with Orr and Voros have been racking up the minuses of late, in 30 less games. He's probably scored as many in the Rangers' last 20 games than several of the guys in the lineup, including Voros, who gets PP minutes, Cally, perhaps, and I bet he's up there with Dubi too. Perhaps even Dawes. Does this solve the Rangers' problems? Likely not, but doesn't it make sense? Why wouldn't you inject a person who has sat that last three losses into the lineup?

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Fletch

trx....

Renney cannot follow through on threats because it would mean he'd have to play Prucha since he's next on the depth chart. He says certain things will not be tolerated but looks to be putting out the same forwards as the last game. Lack of depth sucks.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
seriously, this team implodes in Dallas and that's not enough for Petr to get back in the lineup? Great idea Renny you *********....

I can't say do*chebag? Wow... my bad....
I really don't think Petr Prucha's lack of ice-time is what's holding this team back...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
NYReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Voros still in huh?

I've never been shy about wanting Renney fired and the way Sather built this team gives me fits of anger but the thing that pisses me off the most about this team (and there is quite a lot of competition since this is an unbelievably frustrating group) is Voros being in there every GD night. I am legitimately convinced he is the single worst player in the NHL and I say that thinking (whether it's true or not) that Hollweg is still floating around in Toronto. I don't have any crazy ideas that Prucha, or Anisimov, or even Parenteau are offensive saviors just waiting for a chance but any of them will be an upgrade if they stand at center ice with their thumb up their ass so at the very least they won't be taking yet another penalty. I have no idea what this guy has on Renney to stay in the lineup night after night but it kills me to think that he will always be there.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't get the tinkering with the 4th line.

We got ONE line that works, that gets the job done. We got 4 lines that isn't scoring. Zherdev pulls something out of his hat no matter who he plays with. And okey, Gomez and Näslund scores every 3rd game or something. Besides that we see nothing but struggle and disasters.

Why is it that Betts and Sjöström constantly is getting bottom 2 line ice time? Sjöström-Betts-Zherdev would probably be the best line this team can muster right now -- and I am not kidding. Like a team with 4 lines wiht Sjö-Betts-Zherdev would probably easily beat a team with 4 Näslund-Gomez-Drury lines...
You're kidding me, right? Sjostrom is a worthless piece of garbage at ES...Gets 12-15 minutes a night and can't do jack **** no natter who his linemates are and, in fact, bringing down anybody he plays with..The guy has about 4 goals and 10 points in like a hundred games for two teams..Outside the PK, this guys ice time (as well as Orrs) needs to be minimized...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
You're kidding me, right? Sjostrom is a worthless piece of garbage at ES...Gets 12-15 minutes a night and can't do jack **** no natter who his linemates are and, in fact, bringing down anybody he plays with..The guy has about 4 goals and 10 points in like a hundred games for two teams..Outside the PK, this guys ice time (as well as Orrs) needs to be minimized...
That is because he has been playing with Betts and Orr forever...When he was in Phoenix and he was playing with Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata, that line was producing, especially Freddie. Hell, when the Yotes cam two years ago, that line burned the Rangers. Sjo has the offensive abilities...he is just always been stuck on 4th lines. He has offensive skills he just needs a chance to show them.

No one...and I mean no one is going to be an offensive player with Blair Betts and Colton Orr.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I really don't think Petr Prucha's lack of ice-time is what's holding this team back...
I really don't think Prucha would spark a 10 game winning streak but I think he deserves a chance.... and after a complete blow up in Dallas, how does he not get reinserted? That's all I was saying. When the Rangers didn't show up in Pittsburgh, Pru and Korps both took to the pine. Rangers disappear in Dallas and nobody goes to the bench? Seems like a double standard to me.

Old
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue4491 View Post
the sorry thing is he screens the goalie on the powerplay but we don't know how to shoot from the point when you've got a huge body giving the goalie little chance of seeing the puck like that.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
yes, lets take out our frustration on the only line that does its job, great idea.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote