HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier to Montreal: A MUST!

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Pol1ce*

vCash: 500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The majority of the Montreal population agrees we need a character player and at least one official home brewed Hockey Star.

Behind Malkin and Ovechkin (with all due respect to Crosby), Lecavalier is probably the 3rd best player overall in the NHL.

Maybe I should have waited until the end of the Northwestern Roadtrip, before making a post like this. However, I don't think the Canadiens have a bright future with the current roster. Also, it's not like our prospects are exceeding their expectations, they're mediocre picks.

Personally, I don't care what it takes to give up for a player like Vinny Lecavalier or his lengthy contract. Eleven years is alright, let's not disregard the fact that he is a franchise player. Franchise players last long, and eleven years is not long. Brodeur, Sakic, and Lidstrom are franchise players who will have completed their lifetime careers with the same team for atleast 18+ years.

A lot of people agree that Komisarek will probably sign somewhere else for a much richer contract this upcoming summer (July 1st). Here's my speculation for a Lecavalier trade.

To Montreal:

Vincent Lecavalier
Paul Ranger

To Tampa Bay:

Chris Higgins
Mike Komisarek
Tomas Plekanec
Matt D'Agostini
1st round pick

Old
02-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Fire Brunet*

Old
02-09-2009, 12:16 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

This post hurts my brain, in before the lock.

Old
02-09-2009, 12:17 PM
TheCH*

Tampa has no need for Komisarek as he is an impending UFA. And who cares where a player is from, winning is what matters!

Old
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol1ce View Post
A lot of people agree that Komisarek will probably sign somewhere else for a much richer contract this upcoming summer (July 1st).
Although I won't deny that it would be great to have Lecavalier in Montreal, I don't know where you get your information about Komo. From what he and Gainey have said so far, they want to get a deal done but it simply won't be until the end of the season. As for his worth, it's been discussed in length. If it makes sense for both parties, a deal will be done.

Old
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Tampa has no need for Komisarek as he is an impending UFA. And who cares where a player is from, winning is what matters!
More like 3 impending UFAs

Old
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol1ce View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The majority of the Montreal population agrees we need a character player and at least one official home brewed Hockey Star.

Behind Malkin and Ovechkin (with all due respect to Crosby), Lecavalier is probably the 3rd best player overall in the NHL.

Maybe I should have waited until the end of the Northwestern Roadtrip, before making a post like this. However, I don't think the Canadiens have a bright future with the current roster. Also, it's not like our prospects are exceeding their expectations, they're mediocre picks.

Personally, I don't care what it takes to give up for a player like Vinny Lecavalier or his lengthy contract. Eleven years is alright, let's not disregard the fact that he is a franchise player. Franchise players last long, and eleven years is not long. Brodeur, Sakic, and Lidstrom are franchise players who will have completed their lifetime careers with the same team for atleast 18+ years.

A lot of people agree that Komisarek will probably sign somewhere else for a much richer contract this upcoming summer (July 1st). Here's my speculation for a Lecavalier trade.

To Montreal:

Vincent Lecavalier
Paul Ranger

To Tampa Bay:

Chris Higgins
Mike Komisarek
Tomas Plekanec
Matt D'Agostini
1st round pick
I totally agree on most of your post, but this will probably won't happen.

Old
02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Sorry Pol1ce, but with a bit of research. You'd have seen that this topic has been talked about countless times.

Closed Thread