HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Must Read: Bitter Truth

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
hashmi842*

vCash: 500
Must Read: Bitter Truth

Alffy Has To Go, Make Room For New Blood, 35 Yrs Old, 4 More Yeard Left, His Value Is Sinking, Hes Been A Loyal Senator, But Time For Him To Go Elsewhere And Win A Cup...and Maybe Come Back After Retirement For Front Office...but With Alffys Time Frame, We Cant Provide Him A Team That Will Be A Contender....and We Desperately Need A Blue Chip D, And Forward...so Guys Get Over It..

Trading Chris Neil May Be Painful, But Trading Alffy Is A Once In A Life-time Investment Opportunity For Our Future..

Old
02-11-2009, 09:33 AM
The King of Town

Why Is A Habs Fan Lecturing Us On Things Like This? Stop Creating New Threads It's Annoying. Try Posting In Existing Threads For A While, Maybe You'll Learn About Things Like No Trade Clauses.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamboli View Post
Alffy Has To Go, Make Room For New Blood, 35 Yrs Old, 4 More Yeard Left, His Value Is Sinking, Hes Been A Loyal Senator, But Time For Him To Go Elsewhere And Win A Cup...and Maybe Come Back After Retirement For Front Office...but With Alffys Time Frame, We Cant Provide Him A Team That Will Be A Contender....and We Desperately Need A Blue Chip D, And Forward...so Guys Get Over It..

Trading Chris Neil May Be Painful, But Trading Alffy Is A Once In A Life-time Investment Opportunity For Our Future..
Why Does Every One Of Your Words Start With A Capital. Do They Not Teach When To Capitalize Words Anymore Or Are You In Grade 3?

Old
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
kyle747

Quote:

I'd rather keep Alfie. even if his play degenerates in the next few years it will help build 'esprit de corps' with the team they way it did with Yzerman in Detroit

Old
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
The Chef*

This Thread Sucks So Much

Old
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
TheWeb

Quote:

Bitter - yes, Truth - not so much.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Marble

This thread is my fave.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I wonder what the bitter truth is about the Habs in their Centennial season.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
collapsethelung

This Thread Is Stupid

Old
02-11-2009, 10:53 AM
SENSfreak_03

i stopped reading here

Quote:
Alffy
anyone who knows what there talking about knows how to spell Alfie

Old
02-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Fyodor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
Why Is A Habs Fan Lecturing Us On Things Like This? Stop Creating New Threads It's Annoying. Try Posting In Existing Threads For A While, Maybe You'll Learn About Things Like No Trade Clauses.
no, he's just German.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Alfie is the face of the franchise and will be important to this team long after he retires. No way do you trade him.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
SpezDispenser

Who are you and why did you start this thread?

Old
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:

Old
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Considering the fact that the OP is bringing up basic deadline strategy, I'm sure he knows what the Habs should do.

- Playoff team
- Lots of expiring contracts this summer
- No guarentee that the team will be this good next year
- Team is sliding now

Conclusion: Double down! Trade 3 of Pacioretty, S.Kostitsyn, McDonagh, Fischer, Subban, 2009 1st for Bouwmeester and roll the dice.

Of course, if they fail... trading 3 cheap useful pieces now might hurt when they're signing their own FA's to build a team next year.

Old
02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
lol is he really a Habs fan?

Aren't they the ones who wouldn't trade Max freaking Pacioretty for Daniel Alfredsson? (remember my thread when i heard Habs fans talking about this on CKAC)

So, why is a Habs fan telling us to trade Alfie if we would'nt even get a damn prospect for him? I guess we're stucked with him

Old
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
SenatorsFan

Obviously it would be heartbreaking to see Alfie in another Jersey. However, you must treat every player as a business commodity, to do otherwise would be foolish. Of course, as a franchise, it is crucial to build a strong sense of commitment between yourself and your employees. But when an opportunity arises to make significant long-term gains at the expense of a short-term commodity, it has to be considered, regardless of any emotional attachment.

The topic starter approaches the subject very logically and sensibly. It makes perfect sense, posters who disagree are either blinded by faith or obscured by the nature of professional sports.

In the end, I would still disagree with moving Alfredsson, if only because he has meant so much to the franchise. But if a situation arose in which himself and management came to a mutual decision to trade him to a contender, I would certainly abide.

People who can't realize this as a possibility are fooling themselves.

Old
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Mio

I read the original post and I actually heard a couple of braincells scream as they died. Now I've killed more than a few of those guys in my time, many intentionally, but none have suffered such a violent death as these latest casulaties.

I'm going for ice-cream.

Last edited by Mio: 02-11-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Lenny the Lynx

haha... please please give us more threads by this lunatic, they are hilarious

Old
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:

Turn your CAPS LOCK off.

TIA

Old
02-11-2009, 12:10 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsFan View Post
The topic starter approaches the subject very logically and sensibly. It makes perfect sense, posters who disagree are either blinded by faith or obscured by the nature of professional sports.
We have very different definitions of logic and common sense.

When the owner publicly announces that a player is a "Senator for life" and commits to provide that player with a place on the team or the front office for as long as that player lives, well, that's a little bit of a different scenario.

But I guess I'm blinded by my faith.

Old
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Hahaha....

We might have our struggling ways but our players dont go in front of micrphones crying about it, anybody see the Price interview after the leafs game....hahahah

Old
02-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Orange Schubert

Quote:

Maybe HF's terms of use should include something to prohibit caps lock on every word

Old
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Schubert View Post
Maybe HF's terms of use should include something to prohibit caps lock on every word
Site rule no. 21:

Shouting: excessive use of caps, large fonts.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
Site rule no. 21:

Shouting: excessive use of caps, large fonts.
SERIOUSLY? I CANT DO THIS?

Closed Thread