HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Renney! (Part 3)

View Poll Results: What Should Become of Renney?
Keep him! 48 22.33%
Fire him or Demote him! (Assistant Coach, Scout, etc) 167 77.67%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
"Quinn is known for promoting a rugged puck possession oriented style of offensive hockey"

Old
02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Dawes at center?

Its time. Fire him. Demote him, whatever.

He isnt reaching this team.

Just dont bring Avery back.
dawes isn't playing center....
carpinello had the
lines screwed up...

he isn't reaching the team?

you realize before that before the dallas game the argument was his system was holding up the teams offense...so........wouldn't that mean he is reaching the team?

is it time for renney to go? no not during the season...renney has earned the right to coach this team to the end of the season...he should be evaluated then...I'm curios as to what coach you think could come in and turn 15 goal scorers into 30 goal scorers?

don't tell me your want of those fans that can't apperciate a cerebral coach...please tell me you don't relate a coach who yells with success...the classic beaten as a child syndrome this board is plagued with...

Old
02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I guarantee you Dawes was not practicing at center.
Ok, Zipay has Korpedo as the center, so thats probably the case then.

If so i retract my statements, but you cant blame me for thinking that if in fact Dawes was at center.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
94now

Keep him.
Unless you root for me in my prediction (back in Sept when every one loved him) that Tom will be fired in Jan based on Sather's summer work. Well, I might be off by just a month...

Old
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Ok, Zipay has Korpedo as the center, so thats probably the case then.

If so i retract my statements, but you cant blame me for thinking that if in fact Dawes was at center.
no, but I can absolutely blame you for thinking that was the case

Old
02-08-2009, 04:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
carpinello had the
lines screwed up...

you realize before that before the dallas game the argument was his system was holding up the teams offense...so........wouldn't that mean he is reaching the team?

is it time for renney to go? no not during the season...renney has earned the right to coach this team to the end of the season...he should be evaluated then...I'm curios as to what coach you think could come in and turn 15 goal scorers into 30 goal scorers?

don't tell me your want of those fans that can't apperciate a cerebral coach...please tell me you don't relate a coach who yells with success...the classic beaten as a child syndrome this board is plagued with...
Youve got a lot of nerve saying something like that.

I thought you actually could carry a good argument, now i've lost a lot of respect for you SOS.

Id rather not waste my time explaining myself for the 20th time.

Have fun continuing twisting arguments in favor of your point and not having the capacity to see the other side of a discussion, later.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
"Quinn is known for promoting a rugged puck possession oriented style of offensive hockey"

Old
02-08-2009, 04:38 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
no, but I can absolutely blame you for thinking that was the case
Well it's what was being reported, guess now that Sam is gone we get the guys (and gal) who apparently can't figure out what position players are playing during practice....

Old
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm not totally thrilled with his evaluations either.

We have passed on some very very good players that could be helping this team right now and as the guy that ran our player personel dept before becomming coach, I blame him for some missed opportunities that we had at the drafts

We could have had Zajac or Wolski instead we took Korpikoski

We could have had a whole slew of guys after Jessiman.

I know it's beating a dead horse, but as a coach he's very lacking and as a talent evaluator he's just as lacking.

I would rather we just up and part ways at this point. Keeping him doesn't better the organization.
so those players being passed over is renneys fault? interesting I guess somedays you blame sather the others renney...

I guess renney shouldn't get any credit for the good players the team did draft? what about the countless kids hes given major ice time to...when was the last time we have had a coach that did that?

Old
02-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

I thought you actually could carry a good argument, now i've lost a lot of respect for you SOS.

Have fun continuing twisting arguments in favor of your point and not having the capacity to see the other side of a discussion, later.
I see the other side to all the arguments I just think a lot of this renney bashing is offbase..not rooted in reality...etc.....

I could care less what you think of me.....later..lol

the guy who can't figure out dawes playing center was a typo is going to complain about my point of view...now that is funny..

Old
02-08-2009, 04:44 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
so those players being passed over is renneys fault? interesting I guess somedays you blame sather the others renney...

I guess renney shouldn't get any credit for the good players the team did draft? what about the countless kids hes given major ice time to...when was the last time we have had a coach that did that?
I don't think anyone here gives Sather a pass. In this thread, though, the discussion is Renney, and people are just saying that he had a hand in draft choices which involved not drafting players who are now awesome NHL players, while picking guys who have much lower upside.

I appreciate the fact that Renney's incorporation of youth has been good, but comparing it the old days is stupid, since there WAS no youth then.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
94now

Quote:

Relax, SOS is right. His argument about 15 vs 30 goal scorers was made and it is all you need. Reed his post. No coach change can help.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Quinn is all wrong for this team. This team isn't just soft on the ice, I think they're soft in the room, too. They'll crumble under a coaching tyrant like Quinn. He can be a good coach in the right situation, but this isn't it.

I know you can make the same argument for Tortorella, but I think he actually makes a lot of sense. There's a difference between the two. If not him, than Laviollette.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I know you can make the same argument for Tortorella, but I think he actually makes a lot of sense. There's a difference between the two.
what is it?

Old
02-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Relax, SOS is right. His argument about 15 vs 30 goal scorers was made and it is all you need. Reed his post. No coach change can help.

thank you...it was my argument as well as how ridiculous it is that the same people that cry about the system being played to tight now say renney lost the team...you can't have it both ways!!

Old
02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
carpinello had the
lines screwed up...

It's what's best for the team.... not always what's the right thing to do for a coach. This is a professional sport and if your not succeeding, then you need to change things up.

Since Renney has been here we have made the playoffs three straight years. We have been doing well and he is partially to thank for that success. But we need change if we want to get into the playoffs and even past the first round.

Old
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
RichterLundqvist

Fire Sather is more like it. The guy is stuck in the stone age money management wise; get a GM who can work with the salary cap and then see what can be fixed (which you know will take time; something a lot of people on this board can't stomach) Trading away the youth for a scoring winger at the deadline so we can bomb out in the 2nd is not worth it.

Not saying Renney doesnt have his faults but many of the major problems with the team lie on Sather's shoulders. Renney can only do so much with what he's given. When you dont have a top line it's kinda hard to do anything but play defensively.

Main problem I have with Renney is his dicking about with the lineup CONSTANTLY; and not giving players who earn their ice time and play their guts out(Prucha, etc) playing time over dolts like Voros, who has done nothing but stink up the joint since about the 2nd week of the season. His reasoning that Prucha wears down doesnt fly when you could play him a couple games, sit him one, and so on. At least he is visible on the ice (and not in a taking boneheaded penalties sort of way).

Last edited by RichterLundqvist: 02-08-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added more
Old
02-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Tomorrow night will tell........

Old
02-08-2009, 05:28 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

before we panic let's see how the team bounces back

Old
02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
pld459666

Quote:

As director of Player Personel he has ALOT to do with the type of player we draft and who we select when it is our turn.

Absolutely he bears alot of the blame in that regards.

I give him alot of credit for the players he's drafted, but when you have the ability to generally get the pick of the litter in the draft after the top 10-15 guys are gone and you screw the pooch 2-3 years in a row (Montoya is a semi bust but I understand the need to draft him when the did with Dan Blackburn still injured).

Even with some of the solid players he has had a hand in drafting, there's still not an offensive leader amongst them. Not one of the drafts he's been an integral part of has the ability to point to one individual player nad say teams are going to game plan against this player or that player. We have no offensive weapons that we have drafted that causes problems for opposing teams. He had the ability to draft 2-3 of those and what we got was a 3rd line winger (Korpedo) and a total bust in Jessiman. Lets take is a step further. I absolutely love the Staal pick, but we all knew we needed an offensive forward in the system as that was what we truly lacked. Instead he goes out and selects Sangs when he could have gotten a Berglund. He did follow the Sangs pick with Artem (was considered by many to be a late 1st riunder that fell the day of the draft). Cherepanov was a no brainer. He had to be taken in that position. It's a good pick, but not one that was "hard to make". I would have liked to have seen who he would have chosen had Cherry not fallen into our laps. I like the DZ pick and I think he's going to be more of a force for this team than Sangs will be. But based on the selection of Sangs, already having a guy like Staal on the team with Girardi also on the team and Sauer in the system, I personally think that we could have used that pick on what was and still is more of a need which is an offensive forward. Someone like Eberle or Nemisz.

Yes, Tom has alot to do with the piss poor drafting this team has had in the first rounds over the last few years and while they are progressing nicely, Sangs and DZ still have alot to prove before they are considered successes.

As for giving the kids ice time, I applaud that I really do. But if those kids are not getting any better, and they aren't, he's not making the organization any better by playing them.

Tom Renney has no balance to his system. I'm not saying we have 40 goal guys here, but some balance to the system and this team should have a 30 goal guy. The fact that he fails to sit any vet that make continous mistakes is pathetic. The fact that the ONLY players to be made held accountable is Fritchie, Dawes, Voros, and Prucha is absurd.

When you hold the kind of practice he held and the team resonds they way they did, it's LOUD and CLEAR that he's lost the team. He needs to go and we need to cut ties once and for all.

Old
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Macke*

Quinn eh? He's old and has been out of the NHL for a while now..though had some success with Canada.

As long as it's a short term thing.. this year and next.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:09 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
It's what's best for the team.... not always what's the right thing to do for a coach. This is a professional sport and if your not succeeding, then you need to change things up.

Since Renney has been here we have made the playoffs three straight years. We have been doing well and he is partially to thank for that success. But we need change if we want to get into the playoffs and even past the first round.
Give one example when it worked, please. Feel free to pick ANY sport team in New York. Just do not go outside NYC. We are special place.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Give one example when it worked, please. Feel free to pick ANY sport team in New York. Just do not go outside NYC. We are special place.
Buck Showalter did a nice job with the Yankees.

He gets fired, Joe Torre comes in, 4 World Series Championships.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
94now

Quote:

Tom Renney has no balance to his system.
What balance? F to D? Right to left? Any system is balanced, that is why it is called System. When team is unbalanced, the system usually balances it. That is the system's purpose.
Quote:
I'm not saying we have 40 goal guys here, but some balance to the system and this team should have a 30 goal guy.
Nonsense. It is like saying, if you save money, you can be rich. System does not suppress scoring. All system does is balancing and by doing that it prevents losing. We lose not because of the system, but BECAUSE THE OTHER TEAM IS BETTER. There's no way to coach out of mediocrity. You cannot make a good bullet out of pile of crap. It will be soft no matter what. Change the players. If not, just keep quiet.

Quote:
The fact that he fails to sit any vet that make continous mistakes is pathetic.
I agree here, but the call to sit Gomez or Redden doesn't come from Tom. Slats should Okay that, because it would be beginning of the war. Sather may even replace Renney to get into war with Gomer, but decision to start it is not Renney's. Melrose started it on his own and got axed quickly. Sertain thing coach is not allowed to do. Coach deosn't run the show.

Old
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
before we panic let's see how the team bounces back
Wasn't Dallas supposed to be the "bounce back" game?
Even if they win tomorrow night, what does that prove?
That they're capable of beating the Devils?
We know that already.

Closed Thread