HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you prefer moved by the deadline?

Old
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Who would you prefer moved by the deadline?

Just wondering what players you would want moved and what players you would want to stay?

I guess my list would be Gomez , Rozsival in a big deal to shake things up

Then Dawes, Prucha, Voros, Kalinin

Don't really want them to move anyone else but I guess if it's a fair deal it may wake them up

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:24 AM
turcotte8

Henrik, Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, Girardi, Zherdev stay.

Anyone else can go, especially Gomez & Redden.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Gomez and Redden
I understand the whole Gomez and Redden thing i really do but especially Redden won't be able to be moved

Gomez I really think may find a home if they can take back another big salary

I know Minnesota does not have tons of cash but do you think they would take Gomez and more for Gaborik (UFA) and say Belanger

That would still give the Rangers Drury, Dubinsky,Belanger,Betts up the middle

Would allow Dubinsky to perhaps Centre Gaborik and Zherdev.......then Drury with Naslund and Avery?.......3rd line could be Korpikoski, Belanger, Callahan, 4th we know

just a thought

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:33 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Redden, Drury, Gomez, Kalinin, Rozsival, Voros

"Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out"

-from Knocked Up

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:35 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

In a perfect world, Redden would be the first to be moved. Unfortunately, we're not in a perfect world. I don't know, I don't see our depth players stay here, maybe Dawes, Voros and Prucha would likely leave. If we pull this Avery insanity (I'm all for it) from our hat, we'll have to move someone anyway. That's the first thing to do, before to try to get rid of of one of our "paid like a superstar player"...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:36 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I understand the whole Gomez and Redden thing i really do but especially Redden won't be able to be moved

I know Minnesota does not have tons of cash but do you think they would take Gomez and more for Gaborik (UFA) and say Belanger

Would allow Dubinsky to perhaps Centre Gaborik and Zherdev.......then Drury with Naslund and Avery?.......3rd line could be Korpikoski, Belanger, Callahan, 4th we know

just a thought
Yeah I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream can't I?

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Gomez, Voros, Drury, Renney, Pearn. ( I think you can trade coaches).

That's it.

I don't find offense at Redden, he's decent, not woth 6 million but worth it in the games I watch. Gotta mix those forwards up...get some new legs in there.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:51 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
A line of Dubi with Z and Gaborik (if he stays healthy for longer than 4 shifts) could do INSANE damage. Dubinsky is slowly developing into a power forward and Gaborik can finally be the legit sniper to exploit Z's passing/playmaking ability. I've always felt Belanger would be a good fit as a 3rd line center for us. This trade could very well be possible as it would give the Wild a good 1-2 punch of Koivu(who's having an amazing year already passing or being very close to last year's totals) and Gomez(who is really just a 2nd line center) and they can unload Gaborik who's gonna be a UFA who doesnt really wanna sign with them. Now if they Rangers can resign Gaborik in the off-season that'd be great, but if not it turns into a cap dump. I do remember reading a while ago that going into this offseason Marians Hossa and Gaborik really wanted to play together on the same team for a year or 2 and would each take discounts to make that happen. I don't remember where I read that so I don't have an exact source but turning this team into a team that had no real big time scorers (except maybe Z but i see him as a better passer) into one with TWO big time scorers (even if Gabby is injury prone Hossa has been healthy for pretty much most of his career).

I'm not at all getting my hopes up for all of that to happen but it sure would be nice wouldn't it? haha

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
A line of Dubi with Z and Gaborik (if he stays healthy for longer than 4 shifts) could do INSANE damage. Dubinsky is slowly developing into a power forward and Gaborik can finally be the legit sniper to exploit Z's passing/playmaking ability. I've always felt Belanger would be a good fit as a 3rd line center for us. This trade could very well be possible as it would give the Wild a good 1-2 punch of Koivu(who's having an amazing year already passing or being very close to last year's totals) and Gomez(who is really just a 2nd line center) and they can unload Gaborik who's gonna be a UFA who doesnt really wanna sign with them. Now if they Rangers can resign Gaborik in the off-season that'd be great, but if not it turns into a cap dump. I do remember reading a while ago that going into this offseason Marians Hossa and Gaborik really wanted to play together on the same team for a year or 2 and would each take discounts to make that happen. I don't remember where I read that so I don't have an exact source but turning this team into a team that had no real big time scorers (except maybe Z but i see him as a better passer) into one with TWO big time scorers (even if Gabby is injury prone Hossa has been healthy for pretty much most of his career).

I'm not at all getting my hopes up for all of that to happen but it sure would be nice wouldn't it? haha
If Sather dumped Redden in Hartford(he won't because that wouldn't be very nice), and traded Gomez for Gaborik and signed Hossa, I would literally poop my pants.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Unless this team continues to lose games and winds up in 12th place with no chance at a playoff spot, I highly doubt we're sellers at the deadline.

I agree this team needs a shakeup, but I doubt it happens until the off season -- if it happens at all.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:04 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Even if this team does manage to find it's way into 12th place on deadline day, when was the last time (besides the purge of 04) that this team was a seller? Sather is known as being quite stubborn and I don't think he'd be willing to give up on the big deals in years 1 and 2 of everyones respective deals (remember this is a Dolan owned team).

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
but I doubt it happens until the off season -- if it happens at all.
Sad, but true.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:20 PM
broadwayblue

I only wish we would be sellers. Too bad Sather is to blind to see that we should be. Dump Redden, and either of Gomez or Drury (if not both but don't see that happening) and that's a great start! Not going to happen though.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:25 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Tank it baby!! We want Tavares . They'd probably have to lose three out of every four games to even have a chance.

Sell off Gomez, Redden, Drury. I'll be happy.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:30 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Tank it baby!! We want Tavares .

Sell off Gomez, Redden, Drury. I'll be happy.
If only it were that easy. I would say there's about a .5% chance we could drop enough in the standings to end in the bottom 3 for a shot at Tavares. We are currently 20 points ahead of Ottawa for the last shot at him...and there are only 30 games left. Don't see it happening, even if the team continues to implode. Wishful thinking though!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Cherepanisimov

One of Scott Gomez,Chris Drury.

Definitely Wade Redden, Aaron Voros.

Possibly Nigel Dawes, Dmitri Kalinin, if we can find a player that fits in.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:37 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
Gomez, Voros, Drury, Renney, Pearn. ( I think you can trade coaches).

That's it.

I don't find offense at Redden, he's decent, not woth 6 million but worth it in the games I watch. Gotta mix those forwards up...get some new legs in there.
Hope your joking...coaches cannot be traded.

Hank, Staal, Zherdev, Mara, Callahan, Girardi, Naslund are my only untouchables as far as the current team goes. Of course being able to move the others is another store entirely.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Unless this team continues to lose games and winds up in 12th place with no chance at a playoff spot, I highly doubt we're sellers at the deadline.

I agree this team needs a shakeup, but I doubt it happens until the off season -- if it happens at all.
It's going to happen sometime when you look at the salary cap decreasing for 2010-11 season.

Drury or Gomez have to move.Roszival has to move.Not by March 4.During this summer.Take back shorter term deals.Maybe even bury the players being traded in the AHL.

Sellers?The Rangers are a 5 game winning streak from being a top 3 seed in the conference.

If Mara could fetch a decent return like Brad Stuart did two years ago,why not?Chuck Kobasew and Andrew Ference.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I really don't care but I'm not stupid, Gomez, Redden, Drury, and Roszival aren't going anywhere. I just don't want to see Callahan, Dubinsky or any of our prospects that are actually good(Grachev, Anisimov, Sanguinetti, DZ) to be dealt for anything subpar. I don't want to see Grachev or DZ dealt at all, I could part with Anisimov or DZ if it meant a younger top 6 forward that isn't making 7 million a year.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:07 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't think everyone realizes the ramifications of dumping Redden in Hartford. It's already hard to get FA's to come here over other places...do you think Sather didn't want to overpay Brian Campbell before he did Redden? You put someone like Redden, Gomez, or any vet with a 1 way contract in the minors and you pretty much tell every FA that comes here that you can sign whatever contract you want, if we get bored with your contract and want someone else we'll just bury you in the minors.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:07 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
One of Scott Gomez,Chris Drury.

Definitely Wade Redden, Aaron Voros.

Possibly Nigel Dawes, Dmitri Kalinin, if we can find a player that fits in.
I agree. I hope Rozi will not be moved. Problem is, out of the big (4) contracts, he is the one actually earning his paycheck compared to the rest. So while he will be the easiest to move, it will probably hurt the defense quite a bit if he is moved.

Ideally it's Redden. $6.5m for his play is just ridiculous. One of Drury or Gomez but we know Drury won't/can't be moved. Voros (He really doesn't fill any roll anymore - unless he starts doing the things he did the first few games again). Others aren't a huge deal since they either have low cap hits or hit UFA at season end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't think everyone realizes the ramifications of dumping Redden in Hartford.
Seriously. Good luck getting players to look towards NYR after doing that. "Player slumps, off to Hartford you go" - Really bad way to recognize a team.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:10 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Considering Redden is probably unmoveable, Gomez has to be the #1 target to move. This team will never get anywhere with him and absurd contract.

Rozsival should also be moved. He's not a bad player but his contract is more moveable than Reddenl's.

Last edited by NYR Sting: 02-08-2009 at 03:30 PM.
NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
If you had the ability to move Drury, would you really?

His contract expires in 3 more years, his defensive play is out-****ing-standing, he's a good goal scorer (he has probably the best shot on the team behind Naslund's legendary wrister) who can really really benefit from a playmaking winger (Zherdev) and taking some more shots, and he wants to be here, really bad.

He isn't that great a captain right now, that's absolutely granted, but everyone has seen those glimpses of leadership out of him. Personally, I think that he'll step up and become at least a good captain that we can at least be content with.

I would even go to say that when his contract expires he'll most certainly resign, probably at the 4-5.5 million dollar tag.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

just a thought
I like those lines a lot but I don't think its gonna happen

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
If you had the ability to move Drury, would you really?

His contract expires in 3 more years, his defensive play is out-****ing-standing, he's a good goal scorer (he has probably the best shot on the team behind Naslund's legendary wrister) who can really really benefit from a playmaking winger (Zherdev) and taking some more shots, and he wants to be here, really bad.

He isn't that great a captain right now, that's absolutely granted, but everyone has seen those glimpses of leadership out of him. Personally, I think that he'll step up and become at least a good captain that we can at least be content with.

I would even go to say that when his contract expires he'll most certainly resign, probably at the 4-5.5 million dollar tag.
He's lazy, unmotivated and far from a leader right now.
But I'll wait until there's a coaching change before I really evaluate him as a player.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote