HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fan pens an open letter to Canadiens' Kovalev

Old
02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

vCash: 500
I'm sending a fax to Tomas Plekanec

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
And this will have the opposite effect. Kovalev needs to know we don't love him anymore.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you thought Kovalev was the one that would lead us to the Promised Land, you're more than lost.

Writing a letter is the most useless thing.
Not anymore useless than posting your opinion on a message board if you want to take that route.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Kovalev's problem is in his head. I don't know what the hell it is, but there's something holding him back, and no its not Plekanec.

I mean for a guy to put up numbers like these between the ages 31-36:

04: 0.57 ppg
06: 0.94 ppg
07: 0.64 ppg
08: 1.02 ppg
09: 0.69 ppg

That is just absolutely retarded. It makes no sense whatsoever, and there are no injury excuses to back it up. In fact the only time he required surgery and missed at least a month was in 06 when he finished with 0.94. I'm trying my best to come up with an explanation as to why an established players numbers can fluctuate this way. I just can't.

I appreciate his skills as much as anyone, from the time he got here until this last November he was probably my favourite player on the Habs. But I can't deal with this anymore. He can't put up good enough numbers consistently to make up for his quirks. After this year its time to part ways.
Although, looking at that chart, maybe he's due for 1.08 next year...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Can someone change the title a bit. Every time I look I think a Penguins fan opened a letter from the Canadiens to Kovalev.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
38 cupless years*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you thought Kovalev was the one that would lead us to the Promised Land, you're more than lost.

Writing a letter is the most useless thing.
3,800 posts in a year and half has done what for you?
this person wrote a letter and it got published. so tell me, what is more useless?

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 cupless years View Post
3,800 posts in a year and half has done what for you?
this person wrote a letter and it got published. so tell me, what is more useless?
Are we not on a MESSAGE BOARD???..
If nobody posted here and kept various discussions going, this site would quickly die. The main point of becoming a member here, is to post your opinion on a matter, and have discussions.
Am I trying to write a letter that disses a player to the Gazette and get it published??..Not at all.

I'll respect more someone like Daniel Bigras on this site, who's trying to one day go on 110% to join the debaters for a discussion, than another fan that thought Kovalev was God and is now pretty much telling him to wake up.

This guy rambles on how Kovalev is looked upon in Mtl, therefore should raise his game, etc..It's crap, and the gazette is weak to have posted such an ''article''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Not anymore useless than posting your opinion on a message board if you want to take that route.
On a message board you have DISCUSSIONS.
So, when you write something, it's to debate and discuss with the site's community.

Writing a whining letter, yet another person criticizing Kovalev, is crap.
Congratulations to the author for having been published, but his article sucks.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:34 PM
CPrice

Anyone else read this as "Pens fan an open letter to Canadiens' Kovalev"
I thought Pittsburgh wanted him back.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Fan pens an open letter to Canadiens' Kovalev

The GazetteFebruary 8, 2009

Alex: Montreal loves you. We love your artistic talent and quiet leadership. We are in awe of your jaw-dropping grace as you skate around the pylons posing as other NHL players. You have a unique chance to cement yourself as a legend among countless Canadiens greats. So many dream about this chance - I dream about this chance - only to fall short. But we can dream through you. Your chance is NOW. Please don't let it pass you by. Listen to the boys and girls screaming your name - let this be the pulse that your heart beats to. The sweater on your back is more than red, white and blue material - it is a dream for kids and adults alike throughout Montreal, across Quebec, scattered all over Canada and all over the world. Think of nothing else but winning. Dream of winning! KNOW you will win. Accept no substitutes. Race to backcheck every chance you get. If you get slashed on the hand ... keep going! Fight through the pain. You have it in you. Show us this desire to win. Little kids will try your moves at the local rink, and those same kids may one day tell stories to their children about the legend of No. 27. Be the first on the rink for morning practice ... and the last to leave. Prove that you are the legend that is inside you, ready to burst out in a fanfare of fireworks and glory. Saku Koivu is more than a hockey player in this city and is already a legend - with or without a Stanley Cup. Nobody can take away his status earned through a heroic fight with cancer, almost losing an eye to a high stick and his diehard attitude and desire to win. We want you to stand beside him on the highest of pedestals. Please, Alex, hear our plea. We are 100 per cent with you and we can't wait for you to hand the Stanley Cup back to our city after Saku hands it to you. Alex: the city is yours ... PLEASE take it. See you on Ste. Catherine St. in June ... I can't wait.

Chris Kermack
Montreal

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...097/story.html
I made my girlfriend read this letter.. we couldnt stop laughing.. poor guy..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

What if it was a sick kid in the hospital?

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Max et Guillaume

Fozz FTW...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I made my girlfriend read this letter.. we couldnt stop laughing.. poor guy..
It was probably a kid. I thought it was cool.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
i think that he's playing like he was last season , but without the same confidence . Since the playoffs , the other teams have found the way to play againts him ; one player blocks his line , another comes to hit him .

Also , the very poor performances from Plekanec doesn't help either . Kovalev plays for the pleasure of it , but when the things are going bad for your line , the pleasure isn't there anymore .
He doesn't play at all like last season. He became successful last year by keeping thing simple. I mean he made about zero turnovers last year. He became a different man. He stopped playing for himself and this year he has returned to his old habits.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote