HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jillson A Sabre!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 12:21 PM
TVanek26*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Jillson A Sabre!!

3 way trade

sportsnet.ca

to Buffalo:Jeff Jillson
to Boston:Brad Boyes
to San Jose:Curtis Brown

YES!

Old
03-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Guess they won't have to stitch an extra letter on the Brown jersies now.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Guess they won't have to stitch an extra letter on the Brown jersies now.
Brad Brown... #37 in our programs....

Old
03-09-2004, 12:30 PM
TVanek26*

Wow,San Jose got ripped!!!!!!!!!!

We got a future #4 for an impending UFA....Nice!

Old
03-09-2004, 12:30 PM
neelynugs

i hate this deal. the sabres really won this one. i guess every so often, regier gets lucky and scores with his "outrageous demands". good luck with jillson- he's got talent, lots of it. he just has confidence problems and doesn't read the play very well. if someone works with him and he gets the ice time, he'll be very good. brown for jillson? i don't think it gets much better than that for sabres fans. sucks for the bruins though- brad boyes... maybe he'll be good, maybe not

Old
03-09-2004, 12:35 PM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i hate this deal. the sabres really won this one. i guess every so often, regier gets lucky and scores with his "outrageous demands". good luck with jillson- he's got talent, lots of it. he just has confidence problems and doesn't read the play very well. if someone works with him and he gets the ice time, he'll be very good. brown for jillson? i don't think it gets much better than that for sabres fans. sucks for the bruins though- brad boyes... maybe he'll be good, maybe not
Boyes will be decent,once he gets a chance.He won't be rushed,so his progression won't be hurt.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:55 PM
VanekFan

by getting 2 d-men, do you think darcy will unload on some other d-men (campbell, delmore) ?

Old
03-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Wow,San Jose got ripped!!!!!!!!!!

We got a future #4 for an impending UFA....Nice!
If we keep Zhitnik, our defense will have improved by leaps and bounds over what we had.

Zhitnik/Kalinin
Tallinder/McKee
Jillson/Brown

What will happen or what is being done with Delmore, Campbell and Fitzpatrick? Delmore will most likely not be resigned at the end of the season. Campbell can be used as trade bait and Fitzpatrick can be a decent No. 7. I'm assuming this is Patrick's last year.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
BruinsChica

Take good care of him...

Jeff, you will be missed...

Old
03-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
Don't knock Boyes until you watch him. He has exceptional amounts of offensive talent. His defense and faceoff abilities have been beginning to come around. I would have rather had Boyes than Jillson, however I'll accept having Jillson. With Grier now, can this team make a run?

Old
03-09-2004, 02:40 PM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Don't knock Boyes until you watch him. He has exceptional amounts of offensive talent. His defense and faceoff abilities have been beginning to come around. I would have rather had Boyes than Jillson, however I'll accept having Jillson. With Grier now, can this team make a run?

We ain't making it.I wanted Satan gone.I think we would have a better chance without him.What are our lines now?

Satan-Drury-Kotalik
Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Bartovic-Roy-Afinogenov
Grier-Mair-Pyatt

Zhitnik/Kalinin
Tallinder/Jillson
McKee/Brown

Damnit,I wanted Satan gone :mad: Why let him stay?

Old
03-09-2004, 02:54 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
ESPN News has just reported that Andy Delmore was part of the 3-way trade and is on his way to Boston.

That's funny because on the lower ticker it doesn't show Delmore as part of the deal.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:48 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48

Damnit,I wanted Satan gone :mad: Why let him stay?
because he is the most talented player on the roster and the team's #1 scoring threat
obivously regier didn't get what he thought were fair offers

too bad regier couldn't have gotten in on the morris dealings

Old
03-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Tra La La

I can't believe Curtis brown was actually worth Brad Boyes! I have High hopes for Jillson.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
darcy said at the press conference that he and satan sat down and talked it over saying that this is the best place for him to play hockey. he convinced him that he needs the sabres as much as the sabres need him. i think thats a bunch of garbage personally. im glad hes still around in some ways but i wish he would learn to play 2 way hockey.

also, Howard Simon was not sold on the idea of Jeff Jillson and im surprised. maybe he was just playing devils advocate on the air but i dunno. he also mentioned grier killing penalties and playing as a top 6 forward....i dunno about grier as top 6. and also, Brad Brown was a big part of minnesota cup run until he injured his wrist and lost ice time to younger players. lets hope he brings the grit back and gets back into shape

Old
03-09-2004, 04:13 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

I am very happy about Jillson. Havent really seen him play but his projection looks really good to me. Also looking at the Bruins board I dont think I saw one person on there that was happy to see him go, He seemed well liked on the Bruins board and I am very excited to see him play with the Sabres.

On a side note do you guys think all 3 will be in the lineup tomorrow verse the Caps? Also does anyone have any links to any interviews with Grier or Jillson about comin to the Sabres?

Thanks

Last edited by CelticSabre: 03-09-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old
03-09-2004, 04:19 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

scratch campbell, he played poorly on sun
id like to see

mckee-brown
kalinin-jillson
tallinder-patick

Old
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I'm a b's fan, and I'm happy to see Jillson go. I don't think he's a bad player or a bad guy...quite the opposite. He does not seem to have the focus to play a complete game. He gets panicky and doesn't see the whole ice, which is a shame because he's got the athletic ability to rush the puck end to end. Just recently, a top guy (Jeff Gorton?) in the Bruins' organization said that Jillson had a whole "lot of growing up to do" and that he gets too down on him self. Ouch. But again, the same guy who said that also said that he's a good kid and has a lot of potential. However, this is the second organization that he's blown a chance with... and Boston and San Jose are good teams to come up with: they don't rush you along and yet they give you opportunities to step up when you've earned it - just look at Shoane Morrisonn!

Fortunately, the B's have defenseman prospects, but our forward prospects are drying up a bit. This should be a good move for both teams.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

I just read on nhl.com that the trade wont officially go through untill Jillson passes a physical. He has untill 6 p.m tomorrow

Old
03-09-2004, 05:13 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
scratch campbell, he played poorly on sun
id like to see

mckee-brown
kalinin-jillson
tallinder-patick
Zhitnik will probably play.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
88Nords19

To me, Jillson will never amount to much since his hockey sense is very poor. Confidence can definitely improve and he has the physical tools and skill, but with limited hockey sense I doubt he'll ever be more than a depth defenseman.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:44 PM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Nords19
To me, Jillson will never amount to much since his hockey sense is very poor. Confidence can definitely improve and he has the physical tools and skill, but with limited hockey sense I doubt he'll ever be more than a depth defenseman.

Right now he could be considered better then a depth d-man.His defense is not horrible and he has 14 points.Right now he's probably a number 4 or 5 but can become much better then that.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:44 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Zhitnik will probably play.
empire sports report tonight said that zhitnik won't be making the trip to washington
hopefully he can go friday, but the severity of his injury seems to be top secret right now

any word on kotalik??

Old
03-09-2004, 11:59 PM
woodfeld2

Having watched Jillson as the top D-man for my alma mater for 2 years, I think I can speak as to what type of a player we are getting. I know certain people don't want to hear me say it but I think he reminds me of the defenseman version of Taylor Pyatt. Tons of skill and size, but will he ever put it all together? He can join the rush better than a lot of D-men I've seen, the best I ever saw at U of M. He isn't very noticeable on defense though, which you can say is good for d-men but not d-men his size. Maybe somewhat ala Smehlik, who people ran out of town for being big but not physical. He is not a very emotional player on the ice, don't think you'll see him be the first to stick up for a teammate and doesn't seem to show a ton of desire to win and do what it takes to win. He is a pretty passive player from what I can remember. Ruff seems to be real good at turning defenseman nobody thought would do anything into key players, while not developing the stud prospects, so we'll see what happens with his development under Lindy. Also, has anyone noticed how RH d-men under Lindy seem to do really well, except Delmore. Who would have thought Patrick would do what he has done when he signed years ago? Nobody thought Fitzpatrick would be an NHL regular, and now he is. And when we got Rhett Warrener for Mike Wilson, it turned out to be the steal of the trading deadline. Maybe we should allow one hiccup in Delmore for Ruff, and he can tap the potential of Jillson. As a Wolverine, I can only hope he stays with Buffalo for years to come. I still thought we should have drafted Cammelleri back when we had 3 2nd rounders, but Roy, Pominville, and Thorburn look like pretty good picks.

Old
03-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Nords19
I said the same of Tanabe and Van Ryn and they both proved me wrong this season. I was outraged when the Sabres traded Sergei Klementiev for Joe Juneau having already penciled him in as a can't misss, top 4 defender. Young dmen are a frustrating bunch.

Closed Thread