Enstrom

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Enstrom

Just a Canucks fan here wondering how Tobias is doing for you guys this year?
I see his TOI is quite high up in the league, is he having a solid season? What do you guys project for his future?

Old
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Ashe

vCash: 500
He's our everything

Old
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

His offensive numbers have gone down due to Schnieder, Hainsey, and recently Bogosian taking PP time away from him.

However he has been a vastly improved player defensively this year. I believe he is still a positive +/- player for us, which is very impressive considering how awful our GF/GA ratio is.

Old
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Once Schneider is gone, he'll get his powerplay time, and points back, but defensively, he's shown how solid he really is. IMO, I'd take him over Green. He has the ability to put up great point totals, and, at the same time, great defensive awareness (Something that Green severely lacks, as his defensive abilities (or lack there of) remind me of Andy Delmore).

Old
02-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Once Schneider is gone, he'll get his powerplay time, and points back, but defensively, he's shown how solid he really is. IMO, I'd take him over Green. He has the ability to put up great point totals, and, at the same time, great defensive awareness (Something that Green severely lacks, as his defensive abilities (or lack there of) remind me of Andy Delmore).
You'll taken him over Green as in Washington Capitals Mike Green.

Enstrom is good but Green's offensive production is Paul Coffey like. I'll definitely take Green over Enstrom as Green defensive shortcomings can be easily covered by a stay at home defensive partner. Plus I'm more than willing to overlook the occasional defensive lapse for a 20 goal point per game d-man.

Old
02-09-2009, 09:31 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I don't know, Peter. I'd rather have a two-way player than someone who can do nothing but score. It's not always about what pucks you put into the net, sometimes it's also about what puck you manage to keep out.

At this point in Enstrom's development, I'd rather have Green. But as we all can see, Enstrom has huge potential, and is already defensively stronger. I'd love to see what he could do once he gets his PP time back.

Old
02-09-2009, 10:18 AM
fatschoonerrat

Enstrom's real gifts are his skating, passing and cool composure taking the puck up the ice. He gets caught once in a while, but you don't have much panic happening even when it looks like he's going to get caught.

Old
02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Enstrom's stats are identical to Havelid's...one goal, ten assists, and around +1 or +2.

That's not what we're paying him for.

He has no shot. It's not big, and he can't get it off quickly or accurately in part because he uses an oversized stick for his stature.

Oystrick, with even less PP time or overall time or games has 3g and 6a.

Enstrom's PP time has gone down, but he hasn't earned getting more.

Enstrom is also ATROCIOUS on the PK, and is a big reason why we've struggled with that.

He can skate around fast, but it leads to nothing: kind of like Kovalchuk.

The only thing I commend Toby for is that defensively he is excellent in open ice and in the corners. But he has no NHL shot, and no killer instinct to score like Green does. Last year he had four goals and then most of his assists were just little tap passes to Kovalchuk that he buried because he was red hot at the time (or better than now). Exelby could have earned those assists.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

please dump schneider at the deadline so toby can get his pp time back.

Toby is going to be amazing along with Bogosian and Valabik

Closed Thread