HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Congrats Fergy Jr on a job well done ...

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
We got Leetch, Francis, Kilger, Johansson for essentially money and draft picks and a few mid level prospects. Nobody off the roster. Can't complain.

I give him an A-. Fergy loses out on the + because he did not manage to get a backup goalie or a strong defenseman, but to do either of those without giving up a roster player or Cola Fergy would have had to be a magician.

Well done! Much better than Housley and Dougie last year (though I wish we had signed Wesley).

Old
03-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

I think the additions are interesting, Leetch & Francis will probably have a direct impact. If Calle can return to anything like his old self, then you've really hit the jackpot. He was a very good defenseman. Also, JFJ added players but he didn't give up much and hasn't changed the team as a whole much. I think that is a good thing. I don't really understand gm's that go totally nuts and buy anything in sight like Clarke in Philly (worst example I could think of..). Now if Quinn can get all these guys to pull in the same direction I think this team can go far.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Now if Quinn can get all these guys to pull in the same direction I think this team can go far.
The team will go as far as Belfour's bad back will carry it. For all the talent and leadership you guys have, goaltending is still the key. In that sense, your team is no different than my Habs.

See you saturday night.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
leafaholix*

He's done very well.

Scary to think he's only 36.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:51 PM
MLSE

Our team looks really good and we still have Ponikarovsky, Antropov, Stajan, Colaiacovo, and Steen.

Good Job Ferguson.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml4life
Our team looks really good and we still have Ponikarovsky, Antropov, Stajan, Colaiacovo, and Steen.

Good Job Ferguson.
That's right the MAC ATTACK as in Matty, Alex & Carlo remained INTACT and that was important ..

Quinn is a Veteran coach and Fergy gave him FUTURE HOFers to try to win with in Nieuwendyk, Francis and Leetch and

with all the former Captains you can not have enough, leadership and class in one dressing room..

Rumours have it that Fergy received lots of calls about Nik and Poni and Tucker and he turned them all down ..and good for him ..

This is the best Team Toronto has had since 1967 and have a real honest chance at it all

Old
03-10-2004, 12:07 AM
PRAETOR

Word out of Toronto is that Sundin was spotted downtown at Nevada Bob's buying a brand new set of Calloways. Not sure what that's all about .... lol !

Old
03-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAETOR
Word out of Toronto is that Sundin was spotted downtown at Nevada Bob's buying a brand new set of Calloways. Not sure what that's all about .... lol !
wern't you banned?

Old
03-10-2004, 12:13 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
It's a no-lose, no-brainer situation for Ferguson. Francis has always been a team player and has done it all. Great pick-up for very little given up.

Closed Thread