HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Feb 9/09: Montreal Canadiens @ Calgary Flames - 9PM ET. - SNET-W, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
what did he say?
He said our european players doesnt want pay the price.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Don't be so negative. I'm sure he will order some St-Hubert !
True

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

I still can't believe it....2 shorties against in a period.....that is beyond bad.

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
i blame the western canada air.

It favors the calgarians.
Don't laugh. Altitude may be a factor. The Flames are used to it a lot more than the Habs.

Old
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Plekanec needs to get a serious beating, pay the price u dumbass, I've never seen a player that loses the 1-1 so easily

Old
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
Anyone who is blaming Halak for letting 4 goals in, does not know a thing about hockey. If it wasn't for Halak it would 6 or 7 goals. He has fought through screens and some high quality scoring chances.

This slide has to fall on coaching. This team has all kinds of talent but lets face it. All season we have been salivating about how good this team is and saying things like "wait until we have our full lineup" and "wait until our guys start firing on all cylinders". Carbo hasn't let any of our lines stay together long enough to gain any sort of chemistry.

I have played and watched hockey for many many years and I am still trying to figure out just what system and strategies Carbo is preaching to this team. We dump the puck in but only send one man on the puck. If we can't get immediate pressure we let the other teams defenseman skate it to the red line and dump it in. That is fine, but we can't get it out of our zone because Carbo simply has our wingers high at the circle with zero speed. 40 shots against every game should never happen and it happens all the time now.

Even if Carbo is trying to play a system that should work in theory, it is still his fault because he obviously can't get his team to execute the system. To me it looks like the team has stopped listening to Carbo. They look totally demoralized and Carbo seems to just shrug his shoulders at the situation.

Some sort of change is necessary and I believe it should be Carbo.
Amen! Finally someone who sees it. Unfortunately, there is no way Gainey is firing Carbo during the 100th anniversary celebration. And talk about the worst time ever to make a trade. Our players are worth nothing right now... yes, lets GIVE away players a star that will come in and be forced to play some stupid ass system and make them mediocre too. I'm sure that will work.

Bring back Demers. Seriously.

Old
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
If the Habs fail this season, he should be fired. Him and his sorry ass coaching staff. Bring me some real, NHL caliber coaching staff. This is a joke of a coaching staff. And a joke of a management team.
Suggestions? You think there's better options out there? Do you actually think Carbo practiced giving up SH breakaways yesterday? I hear Reggie Houle is looking for work.

Old
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Are you actually blaming Carbo for two **** giveaways and a blown coverage?

THIS IS DIRECTLY ON THE PLAYERS.
GFY.The 1st turnover came on the 2nd unit pp.Would have never happened if he put the right players out there.

Also in all your years of watching hockey,since when the **** does a coach put an offense player on the point on the 2nd unit?So the forward is stuck on the ice when the other player comes out of the box,smart wake up

Old
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
For people asking for a trade : It won't happen during a roadtrip. Calm down for a bit with the TRADE! FIRE! TRADE!

Yes, we are blowing hard than a blow-dryer right now, but it's ridiculous to think that a trade during a roadtrip would work out.
Another excuse I haven't heard : we can't trade during a road trip. Interesting.

Gainey sure does get a free ride around here.

Old
Luongo2008*

Old
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I like Gainey, but if that's the case, then they both should go.
At this point, I think that should by a serious option to consider. He has had five years and we are moderately better in the mediocrity department than before his reign. Last year is quickly turning into an aberration. Moreover, our professional scouting department blows and we have a bunch of pansies on the ice not willing to sacrifice on a nightly basis. This is really embarrassing.

As for who should replace them, LOOK outside the organization. No more former players.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He said our european players doesnt want pay the price.
In his defense he didn't say the European guys, he said Plek and Andrei refusing to take checks.

Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Silent Bob will stand pat. Because that's all he needs to know.

If the Habs fail this season, he should be fired. Him and his sorry ass coaching staff. Bring me some real, NHL caliber coaching staff. This is a joke of a coaching staff. And a joke of a management team.
i agree. Sorry folks 15 years of this crap. The fans deserve better than an absent GM and an incompetent coaching staff.

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Apparently other teams are able to adapt to the Habs "system", whatever that is exactly...because they are getting carpet bombed in shots game after game.
Well, soft goals have also been an issue lately.

Old
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
HAYDEN LATENDRESSE IS OUR SAVIOUR!!

2026 IS THE YEAR WE TURN THIS AROUND!!!

Old
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
i can see bob gainey's next press conference:

'' we need a top 4 defenseman, a bottom 5 defenseman, a top line center, 2 top line wingers, 2 bigger grinders, and a veteran backup goalie. My phone is open and i am always willing to listen, but will not force something, but we are always listening...''

Old
totalrecall

it's kinda ironic when rds said that calgary is allowing a lot of goals in PP

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Don't know why people can't make the difference between saying that our goalies are weak and that our goalies don't save us. Sure Halak wasn't weak in those breakaways....still can people acknowledge that goalies can actually make some saves in breakaways? I'm pretty sure I've seen that somewhere....I mean not here but other goalies from other teams have been saving their team, stopping breakways, and doing some miracles.

The team sucks. Plain and simple. But when it happens, you need some miracles from your goalie. That's how it is. So we can't get out of that mess 'cause goalies are blaming the guys in front, guys in front are waiting for the goalie to continuously save their ass.

No confidence whatsoever. Clearly, the coaching staff also has no idea how to give that confidence back to their guys. System is not adequate and the guys don't follow it.

Something is sure.....the way they're playing now, if the same scenario would have been played in Pittsburgh, you would hear reports from experts saying that clearly, they don't want to play for the coach anymore...I've seen some Pens game just before Therrien was almost on the verge of being fired, and even if it was said that they weren't playing with any intensity, they weren't as bad as this.

Old
habtastic

I also cannot figure out why we cannot finish. Yes, goalies can be good. Yes, we can't expect 100% shooting percentage. But other teams just burn us so badly when they get the chance, so either they are AMAZING finishers or we are being snakebitten since the past...well most of the season. Patches could have slid it under Kipper's pads. Akost got robbed. Can't blame them, but errrr....at this point, if we don't bury those, we die.

Old
AgRiVaToRR*

:sca red: :bangh ead::b anghead::scare d:

Old
NHLcrazy

Allright the 3rd period is about to start

Let's get ready for 20 mins of pain and misery

go habs go!

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Are you actually blaming Carbo for two **** giveaways and a blown coverage?

THIS IS DIRECTLY ON THE PLAYERS.
maybe you can blame carbo for never having the guys motivated

maybe you can blame carbo for having a horrible system..if there even is one. there is so much space between our d and forwards there is zero chance to breakout

players are not helping the coach and the coach isnt doing his job either.

Old
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
C4KOMI

more and more i'm under the belief that no one is untouchable under this team anymore.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Damn I missed the great Luc Gélinas!

Old
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005 View Post
Suggestions? You think there's better options out there? Do you actually think Carbo practiced giving up SH breakaways yesterday? I hear Reggie Houle is looking for work.
Why put ****ing forwards with absolutely NOOOOOO defensive awareness, on the ****ing point? There. Even a ****ing junior coach knows that.

Closed Thread