HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Higgins to FLA

Old
02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
JaymzB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
My bad, I should've mentioned "realistic" trade proposals. Ballard is our best defensemen behind JayBo. And honestly, I would've traded Jokinen for Ballard alone I think he's that good.

I thought a few weeks ago, Canadiens fans wanted to just dump Higgins? Maybe I'm wrong.
They donít seem to make very good trade partners in this case. Looking at Floridaís roster, there isnít a player that jumps out as a need, who also would be a realistic return for Higgins.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Sorry, but Horton is a lot better than Higgins IMO. I cant see how Higgins could have anywhere near the value of Horton ATM, considering Horton is two years younger, and Higgins has a whopping 11 points this season.
Of course, you know that he's played injured this year and has only managed to play 28 games so far, right?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Of course, you know that he's played injured this year and has only managed to play 28 games so far, right?
Horton missed time too, whats the point? While Higgins has scored two goals since coming back from his injury (two out of seven, with three of the seven coming in one game), Horton has scored 18 points since coming back from injury. Im sorry, but watching both play often, I still think Horton is the better of the two and has much more value.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPriceWeTrust View Post
Stop posting.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I thought a few weeks ago, Canadiens fans wanted to just dump Higgins? Maybe I'm wrong.
Canadiens fans want to dump everybody at some point. It shouldn't be taken as any reflection whatsoever on the merits of the player in question.

Higgins is performing pretty much as well as he ever has, IMHO. I thought he tended to score in bunches in past seasons, and given that he has missed almost half the year so far, I don't think he's too far off his expect-able 25 or so goal pace. Another bunch and he'd be there. He's still getting all the same chances as ever. He's just in one of his non-bunch phases. He still generates a lot of chances, plays responsibly, and is as good a bet as anybody else on the team in the clutch. I guess Habs fans are disappointed that he's not ever going to score 40 goals or something, I don't know. He's kind of our David Booth. Just some injuries and a bit of bad luck have him trending in a different direction in terms of bandwagon fan appeal at the moment.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Canadiens fans want to dump everybody at some point. It shouldn't be taken as any reflection whatsoever on the merits of the player in question.

Higgins is performing pretty much as well as he ever has, IMHO. I thought he tended to score in bunches in past seasons, and given that he has missed almost half the year so far, I don't think he's too far off his expect-able 25 or so goal pace. Another bunch and he'd be there. He's still getting all the same chances as ever. He's just in one of his non-bunch phases. He still generates a lot of chances, plays responsibly, and is as good a bet as anybody else on the team in the clutch. I guess Habs fans are disappointed that he's not ever going to score 40 goals or something, I don't know. He's kind of our David Booth. Just some injuries and a bit of bad luck have him trending in a different direction in terms of bandwagon fan appeal at the moment.
I've always thought he was a good player, which is why I was wondering about him. I think he could put up some big numbers, especially on our roster where we are thin at forward.

But yeah, I guess we aren't good trading partners.

Bob McKenzie (sp?) said today on NHL Live! he thought the two teams that were front runners for JayBo were Montreal and Philly. Hopefully Higgins would be part of a package for JayBo.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I've always thought he was a good player, which is why I was wondering about him. I think he could put up some big numbers, especially on our roster where we are thin at forward.

But yeah, I guess we aren't good trading partners.

Bob McKenzie (sp?) said today on NHL Live! he thought the two teams that were front runners for JayBo were Montreal and Philly. Hopefully Higgins would be part of a package for JayBo.
I'd like to add to Blind Gardien's comments about Higgins...

I know that Higgins' name seems to always come out in trade talks when the Habs' are involved but let's not make the mistake in thinking that anyone in Montreal is trying to deal him. As a matter of fact, Gainey himself has stated to Higgins in more than one occasion that he wasn't shopping him.

The reality of it is that he is one of our best assets if we want something good in return. Young, affordable, he's a leader who skates well, has good hands, in responsible at both ends of the ice, kills penalties, plays on the PP and has proven he can score in this league.

When he was injured, it gave us a chance to look at younger players like Latendresse, Pacioretty and D'Agostini, who have all performed well. If we were to trade one of them, Higgins would be the player with the best trade value so that's the reason why his name keeps coming out in trade rumours and/or proposals.

I really like Higgy and to be honest, I'd rather keep him in Montreal. But if we can improve our team by trading him to plug another hole in the line-up elsewhere, then so be it.

Old
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Horton missed time too, whats the point? While Higgins has scored two goals since coming back from his injury (two out of seven, with three of the seven coming in one game), Horton has scored 18 points since coming back from injury. Im sorry, but watching both play often, I still think Horton is the better of the two and has much more value.
I don't know about Horton, but with starting the season off injuried, coming into the season cold will slow you down. Then, you get hurt for a fair amount of time and come back to a team that switches lines up a ton and one night he could be a 1st liner, then get bumped to the 3rd kind of messes with you.

Horton is better, but to say Higgins isn't anywhere close to him is a bit mind boggling.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:20 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I don't know about Horton, but with starting the season off injuried, coming into the season cold will slow you down. Then, you get hurt for a fair amount of time and come back to a team that switches lines up a ton and one night he could be a 1st liner, then get bumped to the 3rd kind of messes with you.

Horton is better, but to say Higgins isn't anywhere close to him is a bit mind boggling.
Whats mind boggling? I think a lot of Hab fans overrate Higgins, like they do a lot of other Hab players. Higgins had one good, excuse me, one decent season with 52 points. Sure he is still relatively young, and plays a good two way game, but no, I dont think he has the same value as Horton.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
GNick42

Quote:
What would it take to get Chris Higgins to FLA?
Higgins, Komisarek and decent prospect(Chipchura) for JayBo?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Where do I sign?

Edit: Oops, wait. Whats Komisarek's contract status? Soon to be UFA?

Last edited by Biggzy*: 02-09-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
SouthFLFan79

Wouldnt trade ballard for him or at all with jbou situation that is foolish to trade a young top line defenseman specially if we lose jbou this offseason. Kid is a beast out there and will check anyone and everyone.

love to have higgins but I dont think we are a good match honestly.

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:24 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Chipchura is not what I would call a "decent" prospect

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Chipchura is not what I would call a "decent" prospect
At 6'2" 205 lbs, this very site has him ranked as a 6A, third line center.

Old
MonacoBlue

Quote:
The Habs are trying to contend here (at least that's what they would be aiming for if they had J-Bo). Why would they trade Komi? On the other, if JBo is signed, then that changes things.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I'd say Higgins for Kreps...

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
I'd say Higgins for Kreps...
Unless the "..." means Ballard, then that's not going to happen

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Higgins, Fischer for Wiess

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:43 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
Unless the "..." means Ballard, then that's not going to happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Higgins, Fischer for Wiess
Unless the "," means McDonagh, then that wont happen either. You guys really think your players are god huh?

Old
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Chomsky

I don't see what the Panthers have to spare that would be sufficient to give up on Higgins.

Booth, Horton, Ballard and Weiss all have better values.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
angry pirate

Higgins and Subban for Weiss and Boynton?

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I don't see what the Panthers have to spare that would be sufficient to give up on Higgins.

Booth, Horton, Ballard and Weiss all have better values.
Yup, plus Martin wants to build around those four. And to add something about Weiss...he seems to be the teams glue, because its quite evident that they play better with him in the lineup.

Old
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
emb24*

Quote:
My bad, I should've mentioned "realistic" trade proposals. Ballard is our best defensemen behind JayBo. And honestly, I would've traded Jokinen for Ballard alone I think he's that good.

hab fans fortunately do not represent management

and many talk out of their ass

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
hab fans fortunately do not represent management

and many talk out of their ass
In all fairness, this can be said of every fan base on this board.

Old
02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polansky View Post
Higgins automatically goes with Halak and a 2nd rounder. Florida cannot get him without the others.
Your getting just as bad as sportsrule.

As for Higgins if traded will be a part of a bigger package.
On Jaybo .I would love to get him but i just can't see how we could pull it off.

Last edited by mytor4*: 02-09-2009 at 09:08 PM.
mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote