HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The base (must read)

Old
02-11-2009, 03:14 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
The base (must read)

Thats the only way we will get back on the right track..

Why is the parity so incredible in the NHL right now? Why are some teams looking so so on paper being able to compete and win against the top teams in the league? Why are the NJ Devils one of the top teams in the league, year after year in the last 15-20 years or so? Why are they so dominant even without Brodeur? I was the first to think this team would die quietly after the lost of top guys like Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, Brian Rafalski ect ect.. Look at the result, they are still in the elite of the league..

I just answered the question, NJ Devils have been and still are a model for the 29 other teams in the NHL, even the Wings learned from this team the year the big red offensive machine went down in 4 against Lemaire and the NJ "trappers" Devils... They constantly innovated over the years, especially regarding the speed of their transition and defensive minded first system getting better and better.. Their game isnt that tough to understand.. Everyone playing for Lou has to buy the system and be willing to give a consistent effort every night, they are a team working hard on the little details, they use ultra quick transition to exploit their speed as much as they can, they are playing extremmely well in unit of 5, everyone supporting each other taking advantage of every inch of open space on the ice.. They are disciplined, they are rarely took out of position.. Finally, everyone push in the same direction, thats why they are so consistent game after game, they are working hard and well as a whole, exactly what we arent doing right now.. When Lou had to take some drastic decisions, he never hesitated to take them for the best of his team.. Didnt hesitate to send vets like Mogilny and Malakhov down..

Personally, Im convinced Carbo is an excellent coach, just like guys like Claude Julien, Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien are.. Im convinced he knows everthing about what Ive been saying in this post, the prob to me is that not everyone in the team is willing to play this way, work the right way.. Im pretty sure Carbo is bored to repeat the same ****ing thing everytime the team comes back to their bad habits.. Im sure the vast majority of the guys care about what he says and that everyone know, even Mr.Kovalev (inside of himself), that it works when they all apply his directives.. The prob is that you have a big head named Kovalev, our most skilled player and an influent personality around the team, who never played that way of all his carreer long.. Kovalev always played, everywhere he played, his own style of game.. In fact, the only year that contrast with the other ones is the last one where he came to the training camp with a "better attitude", that year, he had something to prove, Carbo basically benched him in the third of what was the most important game of the season, the last one against the Leafs for a playoffs spot.. Personally I had the feeling that Kovy didnt want to make the playoffs that year, his play was so brutal, so passive, so aweful that I had the impression that all he wanted to do was to be part of the WHC where the event was hold in Russia... But that was just my feeling.. I cant say how happy I was though when I hear his national team didnt even want him around the team.. Then, I think Kovy learned something, he understood who was paying his salary and that his "all star" status was actually to rebuild.. We know the story.. Had one of his best seasons ever coming back again in people's heart.. What was he doing differently that year? First he was moving his feet, second he was working with his linemates, third he was way more dynamic and intensive, fourth he was playing with passion, he looked happy to play hockey.. Everything we fail to see out of him this year.. Personally Im one of those who think the attitude he has regarding this game this season hurts us way deeper than some could think.. Of course, its not all about Kovalev's fault, some other guys should look at themself in the mirror but when you are a young team, your leaders have to be an exemple for everyone.. Actually Kovalev cheat in term of effort and when he works hard, he doesnt work the right way, he plays alone like it has been the case about all his carreer long and most of his linemates dont know how to react, how to position themself on the ice, what to do.. The best example.. Name me 1 player who actually clicked well for more than 2-3 games with Kovy? No one.. A.Kost played his best hockey of the season when separated from Kovy.. We saw Plekky playing better just before Carbo comes back with the old line.. It didnt work with Koivu either.. At some point, you have to realize what is the real prob.. A guy like Plekky is a way better player than he showed so far this year, just give him 2 hardwork linemates with some skills playing the game simple and it will eventually start to click again..

Gainey has to sit a last time with Kovy, have a good eye to eye discussion.. If he doesnt understand what he needs to do to help this team winning, sorry, but we have a team to regroup for the last stretch of the season.. We have kids to develop in a sane environment where they will learn the good habits of the winning road!

I enjoy this moment BTW to celebrate my 5,000th post with this one.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 03-17-2009 at 02:30 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:32 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I enjoy this moment BTW to celebrate my 5,000th post with this one.
Well it's a good one, so congrats on that.

I agree on most accounts. We need a couple vets that will set a good example for the youngsters. Someone who will go to war for his teammates and lead by example. A lot of our younger players are American, maybe getting a guy like Tkachuk or Guerin could really spark a fire for this team.

Personally I'm still hoping that Gainey can surprise us with Arnott and Hamhuis..

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:47 AM
TheCH*

To long for forum readers

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Judge Sauer*

I believe your thesis on particle fission reactions in a negative magnetized space is flawed.......oh wait, this was about the Habs.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Doctor House

Nice post and I think Bob knows it and that's why he's not going to be signing anyone until the off season. They'll pick a small core and build from that - I think they wanted to make sure last season was not a bluebird (which it was)

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Fozz

Why is this a "must read"?

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Craig71

Awesome!!! of all the posts on here about this subject of what is wrong with our team I believe this is the most accurate, even though we don't think Gainey or Carbo, knows how to fix this ,they actually do, but they are trying to work through this problem(Kovalev) knowing either on deadline day or July first the Kovalev era will be over. Secretly many of these guys know that's whats going to happen and on the ice thats why they aren't playing like a unit. My question is--are the habs brass willing to sacrifice the playoffs to clean up this mess?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post

cmon man, its because he is smarter than anyone here, hence we must read. we must!! He knows more than us.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
CPrice

It started off as talk about the Habs, and went quickly to bashing Kovy. Altough I do tend to agree with a lot of your points, I still think the problem on this team runs much deeper then Kovy's work ethic.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

The only way I can read it is if someone quote him

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Beakermania*

Wasn't a "must read"

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Bullsmith

Good post. Cocky title but I guess it worked on me.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:21 PM
LesCanadiens

Nice to see some posters "get it".

We've chewed-up coaches who have gone on to succeed elsewhere. This team goes, as Kovy goes. Mainly due to the slew of impressionable Eastern Block players we have (in key roles). The tease is that we (probably including Gainey and Carbs) know the potential Kovalev has. But, he is a narcissistic baby and metaphorically takes his toys and goes home when he feels things aren't going his way.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:09 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Because its the new habs era.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Jeez..

You make good ol' Kovy sound like such a sinister figure

You're like the Dick Cheney of the HF boards...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All your bases are belong to us?

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
NewHabsEra*

For the unlucky ones who didnt have the chance to read that masterpiece yet.. Heres the ressurection just for you!

Bob just pulled a Lamoriello today and the message cant be clearer!

Enjoy..

Old
02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

Nothing better to do at 3:14 in the morning?

Mise en echec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
This team goes, as Kovy goes.
That's so true, and now Kovy is going.......

away.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:56 PM
le_sean

Why is this post a must read and no other?

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Habs

Is there a Cliff's Notes version?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Why is this post a must read and no other?
While people were throwing stones everywhere, at Carbo, Jarvis, Gainey and every single player in this team, that was the post of reason, it summarizes what the real prob was and how deep it was.. Im not saying other posts are worthless, Im the first one to read everyone, I just feel I targeted in the 1000 with this post.. And today's moves from Gainey give reason to the ones who thought Kovalev was more than just a little prob for this team, he was in reality a terrible cancer which became generalized with time.. Its clear and obvious now that Kovy and Carbo werent on the same page, that Kovy's influence was negative on other players.. When he said no long ago that some of the guys were fed up with the 100th celebrations, he just wrote the last lines of an important chapiter.. Is it the last one? We will see, one thing is sure, if Kovy play again for this jersey, he will have no break, will have to give a consistent north south effort just like the 23 other guys playing.. Thats the only way we will get better and win eventually.. There is too much potential in this team to choke that way in a so important season for the org. and for the fans.. Kovy had Julien's head, but he wont have Carbo's one..

Old
02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
goalchenyuk

in the book " hockey for dummies " author is saying that hockey is a team sport .

You should read it ; It would help your understanding of this sport

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote