HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schneider: ''It's easier to play in Montreal because of the atmosphere and pressure''

Old
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Schneider: ''It's easier to play in Montreal because of the atmosphere and pressure''

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269363.html

Last paragraph, maybe a bit of a knock to Atlanta.

Welcome back Mathieu!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

If we lose the last 2 on this trip, can't wait to see what he thinks about the atmosphere and the pressure.

Was nice seeing him though. Bring back memories.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
they couldn't wait until practice,they had to go to the airport

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If we lose the last 2 on this trip, can't wait to see what he thinks about the atmosphere and the pressure.

Too much negativity.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

well it won't be an easy start for him that's for sure,in Washington against Ovechkin,next night in Pittsburgh against crosby,Malkin and then the Sens at home probably the hottest team in the league right now

Old
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Too much negativity.
Not true. I said "IF" not " SINCE"

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Bill McNeal

Isn't that a mistranslation?

"Plus il y a de pression, mieux tu joues. C'est plus facile de jouer à Montréal quand tu fais fi des distractions. "

The more pressure, the better you play. It's easier to play in Montreal when you ignore the distractions.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:51 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Isn't that a mistranslation?
"Plus il y a de pression, mieux tu joues. C'est plus facile de jouer à Montréal quand tu fais fi des distractions. "

The more pressure, the better you play. It's easier to play in Montreal when you ignore the distractions.
why am i not surprised

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
well it won't be an easy start for him that's for sure,in Washington against Ovechkin,next night in Pittsburgh against crosby,Malkin and then the Sens at home probably the hottest team in the league right now
Well the thing about Ottawa is that I don't think it will last. Another thing is, the Habs have started to look a bit better in the last two games, and such a streak IMO can't last for such a team with such depth. The Habs have problems that can be fixed because they are problems that aren't related with the level of talent on the team. Its much harder to get more talent through draft trade and FA, than to make good players play better. To me, Ottawa is still much weaker than the Habs, and the bubble they are running on will soon burst.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Less pressure?Wait until he has a drink!!!

Old
02-17-2009, 01:29 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well the thing about Ottawa is that I don't think it will last. Another thing is, the Habs have started to look a bit better in the last two games, and such a streak IMO can't last for such a team with such depth. The Habs have problems that can be fixed because they are problems that aren't related with the level of talent on the team. Its much harder to get more talent through draft trade and FA, than to make good players play better. To me, Ottawa is still much weaker than the Habs, and the bubble they are running on will soon burst.
one thing you cant discredit about the sens is the fact they have the "big 3" and when those guys are playing at their best the sens are not an easy team to beat by any means

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
number 11

rumours have it schneider had a beer on his flight to montreal.

drinking problem?

number 11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

this whole thing reminds me of

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
one thing you cant discredit about the sens is the fact they have the "big 3" and when those guys are playing at their best the sens are not an easy team to beat by any means
Any team can give any other team a run for their money on any given night.

Ottawa has 3superstars, but that doesn't make them a good team.
Look at how TB was..look at the struggles Pittsburgh are having..and the same thing happened to Ottawa.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:14 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Any team can give any other team a run for their money on any given night.

Ottawa has 3superstars, but that doesn't make them a good team.
Look at how TB was..look at the struggles Pittsburgh are having..and the same thing happened to Ottawa.
oh i know that.. especially given how we've been playing as of late and i wont deny what you said but given elliott has been playing well and the players other than the big 3 seem to have been stepping up (at least vermette has) and when you combine that with the big 3, the team isnt necessarily going to be a pushover or a team that wont or cant keep playing well (obviously they will lose games between now and the end of their year but they do have talent on that roster that should help them win some games)

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
rumours have it schneider had a beer on his flight to montreal.

drinking problem?
i actually saw him with a coffee in that rds interview....its more like caffeine addiction.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post

isn't that....... HOT ROD!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post

That movie was too funny

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What games were you watching? They were totally dominated by Colorado and won because of Halak. They were also outplayed by Vancouver for 2 full periods before showing some life in the 3rd when the game was out of reach.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
What games were you watching? They were totally dominated by Colorado and won because of Halak. They were also outplayed by Vancouver for 2 full periods before showing some life in the 3rd when the game was out of reach.
I think that was the first time I heard those words in the same sentence as the Habs in nearly three weeks. I hope its a good sign.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
What part of "the habs started to LOOK A BIT BETTER" don't you understand????

In Vancouver, most people were assuming the Habs would get totally blown, they didn't, in fact, they kept the score to 2-1 until the 3rd period. That is when the game got out of reach with two quick goals. Also, saying Colorado totally dominated us is a bit far fetched. Didn't Buffalo win against us 3-2 because Miller totally saved their ***** in the first period of their last game??? You win because your best player on one night can dominate. On that night it was Miller, on the other night it was Halak, that's what Carbs was talking about when he said it was about time our goalies stole us games, instead of opposing goalies stealing us games. The fact that they have done jsut that is a sign of improvement. Also, in Colorado, after the game was tied up, I didn't see the Avs dominate all that much, which is pretty normal, hockey is a game of momentum and a team is very lucky if they can dominate a game for 60 minutes. What happens is that the Habs don't have much confidence lately and holding on to dear life when they were leading 2-1 in Colorado is an example of that. The improvement lies in that moment where they took the momentum the other way and scored the goal that took them to 3-2. If you can't see that, you might as well quit on hockey.

What I am talking about is improvement. And they have shown a bit of improvement, hence, the played a bit better, which is a start.

Same old problem, you can't make distinctions. Now stop trolling, go spread your BS somewhere else, and if you do reply, try to add some content and not some blank statements that totally ignore what I previously said. I doubt you are capable of that, but anything is possible.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
habtastic

I am very eager to see if this has any effect on firstly the PP and secondly the rush. I don't see it fixing our offensive woes (making all opponents look like all-star defencemen), but maybe...just mayyyybe...this whole intangible chemistry thing will change.

Also...if it wasn't smelling like 93 before, it SURE is now. i.e. OLD. But glad to have a guy like him back. Hopefully it's not the end of Bob's plans though.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
mtxed

I guess they got Schneider because Price has been dropping.

mtxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I am very eager to see if this has any effect on firstly the PP and secondly the rush. I don't see it fixing our offensive woes (making all opponents look like all-star defencemen), but maybe...just mayyyybe...this whole intangible chemistry thing will change.

Also...if it wasn't smelling like 93 before, it SURE is now. i.e. OLD. But glad to have a guy like him back. Hopefully it's not the end of Bob's plans though.
I think it will. The breakout pass is vital to a good transition and a good transition is vital to good quality scoring rushes as the opponent D have less time to place themselves and thus look less like all-star defencemen. Thus having a Schneider (who is known to have a good breakout pass) should definately help our offense.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxed View Post
I guess they got Schneider because Price has been dropping.
No, they got Schneider because Price's got a new GF who makes him party all night. The Habs management hope that the coming of Schneider will mean the end for Price's new GF.... and altho this might spell another begining for the ex-GF, now with Schneider, for at least one night, at least...