HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Wheel configuration?

Old
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
WickedWrister

vCash: 500
Wheel configuration?

What is the proper wheel configuration for inline skates? In the past my wheel configuration was (from toe to heel) 72-76-76-80? What is the difference between that and wheels that are all the same size? I am considering joining an inline team and wondered what most players use

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Gino 14

It's usually a matter of how the skates were designed. My skates have the same size wheels for all four wheels, my kids' skates have 2 different sizes, the 2 smaller in front, the two larger in back. Unless you are after some type of "rocker", you might want to check your skate's manufacturer's website and see what the correct wheel configuration is supposed to be.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
NomadFan

With my 8 year old skates no longer able to function properly (let's leave it at that) I recently purchased a new set of skates. My old one's were Mission somethingorothers, but their wheel configuration were two 72's in the front and two 80's in the back. Browsing through some of the skate selections at my LHS, I saw a lot of very strange configurations. I decided to ask one of the store reps about that.

Turns out for inline skates, they think that the 80-80-72-72 configuration is optimal, however apparently Mission has the patent on that configuration. So other companies that produce skates have to sell them with different wheel configs. Just so happens that the price of wheels is insignificant enough that people can easily swap out the wheels however they like.

NomadFan is offline   Reply With Quote