HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andy McDonald resigns 4 Yrs

Old
02-09-2009, 07:18 PM
CCBC

vCash: 500
I like it, definitely happy to have him around for a few more years.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
As am I....Now add a couple free agents (playoff vets) to that mix in 2 to 3 years....

Along with Eller....

And than...hopefully....we finally have 3 Soild Lines for once!!!
Sounds good to me, as long as Eller spends next year at Peoria.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
You know something, Trust in Jarmo? You're a hard-nosed ******* (and I mean that in a good way). I really do.

But........there is no way that I want Lars Eller to play for the Blues next season. I say this because he needs to get bigger. I don't think he needs to "toughen up" necessarily (because he seems a fairly tough customer for his size and experience), but I really feel he should spend at least one more season at the SEL level and THEN come over to the AHL in 2010.

I might be wrong and I encourage others to argue against my stance.
Not to entirely detract from the Andy Mac singing, which isn't horrible and hey he has a cup under his belt and doesn't seem like a primadonna so I'm happy with the signing I just wish there wasn't a NTC.

But about Eller. I cought the Denmark game the other morning Strength wise he looks to be in Perron's range if not slightly above. If he comes over early this summer and fine tunes his strength it will be acceptable for the NHL. Could he need some time adjusting to the NA style game? Sure but that's a seperate issue. I think Eller might be a bit closer than we think.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:03 PM
MissouriBlues2008

In celebration of Andy's signing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzY30-meSPc

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
camarodude39

Quote:
You know something, Trust in Jarmo? You're a hard-nosed ******* (and I mean that in a good way). I really do.

But........there is no way that I want Lars Eller to play for the Blues next season. I say this because he needs to get bigger. I don't think he needs to "toughen up" necessarily (because he seems a fairly tough customer for his size and experience), but I really feel he should spend at least one more season at the SEL level and THEN come over to the AHL in 2010.

I might be wrong and I encourage others to argue against my stance.
Speaking of Eller, I was listening to Andy Murray's interview on NHL Home Ice on my XM today. They were talking about the direction of the team, and he made the comment that "We will have Lars Eller, our 1st round pick a few years ago, over here next year".

I doubt he breaks camp with the NHL club given that he hasnt played in N.A, but I could see him getting some time at some point next season. Just thought it was interesting that the club expects Eller to make the trip across the pond.

camarodude39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude39 View Post
Speaking of Eller, I was listening to Andy Murray's interview on NHL Home Ice on my XM today. They were talking about the direction of the team, and he made the comment that "We will have Lars Eller, our 1st round pick a few years ago, over here next year".

I doubt he breaks camp with the NHL club given that he hasnt played in N.A, but I could see him getting some time at some point next season. Just thought it was interesting that the club expects Eller to make the trip across the pond.
Someone posted an article in Danish or Swedish here the other day that stated he was going to come over next year. Im sure he has made these intentions known to the Blues for a while now. I guess this shouldnt be surprising since he really doesnt have anything sentimental keeping him in Sweden.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:50 AM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
I usually don't post when my thoughts have already been posted. This time, I'm doing it for emphasis... love the signing... hate the NTC.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:53 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Considering Horcoffs deal, this is right in line with Andy's stats. In fact, the price and term are great and we have the 2nd line C set for 4 years.

Its impossible to guess the intangibles of the future so I am not too concerned with the NTC.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
Someone posted an article in Danish or Swedish here the other day that stated he was going to come over next year. Im sure he has made these intentions known to the Blues for a while now. I guess this shouldnt be surprising since he really doesnt have anything sentimental keeping him in Sweden.
He has no Swedish team contract after this season, and has stated publicly several times that he will come to North America to try to make The Blues' roster, and that even if he wouldn't make The NHL roster out of camp, he will play in Peoria, until he makes The NHL team. He was adamant in his statements. He didn't leave openings like some of The Blues' other Europeans, even Berglund did. Berglund didn't state that he would play in The AHL FOR SURE, discounting possibly going back to Sweden if he wouldn't make The Blues' roster out of camp. I think we can count on Eller staying in North America all next season.

I also think that he'll play at least 40 NHL games (possibly the whole season if things go well). He should really improve his abilities by deveoping his body with Nelson Ayotte in the offseason.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
ChicagoBlues

Sorry for getting this thread off topic with the Eller talk. If he comes over it's fine. It's all good.

I love the Andy McDonald extension. At first this contract seems a little steep, but if he keeps performing at a high level, then it will magically become reasonable.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Great contract for you guys, I think he will be worth every dollar.

Ps. I just watched him score against the Canucks, I miss him.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Sorry for getting this thread off topic with the Eller talk. If he comes over it's fine. It's all good.

I love the Andy McDonald extension. At first this contract seems a little steep, but if he keeps performing at a high level, then it will magically become reasonable.

I am not meaning to seem like an ass but your last sentence is pretty much understood. The people who don't accept that statement as "what is understood doesn't need to be said" are most likely the ones who think this contract is too high, that he shouldn't have a NTC and etc, etc.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 09:43 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post

I am not meaning to seem like an ass but your last sentence is pretty much understood. The people who don't accept that statement as "what is understood doesn't need to be said" are most likely the ones who think this contract is too high, that he shouldn't have a NTC and etc, etc.
Yeah, it's not news and borderline glib. I just felt I needed to say something about McDonald after taking the thread off topic. And I didn't know what to say.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote