HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Melichar and Brookbank on waivers.

Old
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
GWF82

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Geniuses in this thread realize that Melichar is on recall waivers to come up and PLAY with the Bolts right? They arent putting him on waivers to get him out of here.

He is currently in the AHL and they need him to hopefully pass waivers and play Tuesday as it is expected that Paul Ranger wont play.

GWF82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I think most assumed this would happen anyway...
The girl in your avatar is quite pretty. She could use some hair extensions though.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
tocchet92

I could see Burke claiming Brookbank for the Leafs... maybe on re-entry waivers.

tocchet92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Hope for the best, if they both clear send them down for Norfolk's playoff push.

He was this year. 31 game and counting goalless streak, no defense, no hitting, not scoring in the shootout. He was gone anyway, there was zero chance he was going to get a contract from the Lightning as an RFA.
Yikes...fair enough then.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

seems pretty predictable

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
The girl in your avatar is quite pretty. She could use some hair extensions though.
zing

Old
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
Geniuses in this thread realize that Melichar is on recall waivers to come up and PLAY with the Bolts right? They arent putting him on waivers to get him out of here.

He is currently in the AHL and they need him to hopefully pass waivers and play Tuesday as it is expected that Paul Ranger wont play.
beat me to it

Old
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Well, the salary is virtually the same so Tampa isn't on the hook for any extra cash (pro or minor league). That being said I find it hilarious the Lightning had to take these two write-offs just to get a 4th round pick for Jokinen.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
DeathFromAbove

I'm not sure how anyone can say the Hurricanes didn't win this trade.

Jokinen already has 1 point for the Hurricanes which statistically is probably more than that 4th round pick will ever get.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
At this point, Tampa could waive someone like Marek Malik or David Koci and people here would lose their mind.

"ZOMG WHAT ARE THE LIGHTNING DOING NOW THEY ARE SO DUMB EXCLAMATION POINT EXCLAMATION POINT EXCLAMATION POINT ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE"

I think people were saying the very same thing during the summer when Tampa Bay was making a number of senseless transactions. It sure seems to be doing wonders for them right now!

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

You gotta wonder what the heck is going on in Tampa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
meh whatever......they likely will go to the minors or re entry
So everyone's clear on what's going on: Tampa is trying to send Brookbank down to the minors, and is recalling Melichar [who has a 1-way contract] from the minors. A team claiming Brookbank gets the remainder of his contract; a team claiming Melichar sticks Tampa with half of the remaining contract and cap hit.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:47 AM
bones21212

one thing i find funny about this is, with all these posts from people saying they "saw it coming" or "could have predicted this"......not one of them posted those sentiments in the post announcing the trade.

talk about arm chair gm'ing.........

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
KingPuckChoo

I saw it coming AND I could have predicted this

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
So everyone's clear on what's going on: Tampa is trying to send Brookbank down to the minors, and is recalling Melichar [who has a 1-way contract] from the minors. A team claiming Brookbank gets the remainder of his contract; a team claiming Melichar sticks Tampa with half of the remaining contract and cap hit.
IB, I was under the impression that when you acquired a player you could change his "roster status" (so to speak)...I remember a highly-regarded BoH forum member told me this when I said Denis Gauthier had negative trade value because any team that acquired him couldn't recall him without re-entry waivers...I wanna say either kgb or mouser maybe said that a team can add him to either roster they wish (more or less) when he's acquired...

That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be on re-entry waivers now, but I would figure Tampa would have just shipped him on up to Tampa in the trade if that was an option...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
IB, I was under the impression that when you acquired a player you could change his "roster status" (so to speak)...I remember a highly-regarded BoH forum member told me this when I said Denis Gauthier had negative trade value because any team that acquired him couldn't recall him without re-entry waivers...I wanna say either kgb or mouser maybe said that a team can add him to either roster they wish (more or less) when he's acquired...

That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be on re-entry waivers now, but I would figure Tampa would have just shipped him on up to Tampa in the trade if that was an option...
I'm not sure that Rangers injury came out before the trade, the whole reason he is coming up is Malik is still out and Ranger was announced as injured. So yeah I think initially he was to help with Norfolks playoff push, but with Ranger out to get some more dmen with Tampa. As anytime anyone has to play Koci as a dman you have some injury problems.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
I'd still **** her.

AlienWorkShop is offline   Reply With Quote