HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs vs Flames: Habs fans WEAR WHITE & Pregame meetup

Old
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Bloodflowers

vCash: 500
Habs vs Flames: Habs fans WEAR WHITE & Pregame meetup

On February 9th 2009 the Montreal Canadiens will invade the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta to take on the Flames. The goal is simple. To get all Habs fans who plan on attending the game to WEAR WHITE in an attempt to break up the "Sea of Red". We realize some of you hardcore Habs fans may have red Habs jerseys and have likely waited a long time to wear that jersey to a live Habs game. We're not saying don't wear that jersey but hey.... Don't wear a red Habs jersey lol. You've got untill February 9th to splurge on a white Habs t-shirt or even a nice new white Habs jersey. White towels would be a nice touch as well. Nothing would be sweeter than to have a Sea of White singing "Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!" . Let's make it a home game for the boys!

Why do this in Calgary? Itís simple. Calgary is the only building in the league where the fans all wear the same colour every single game. Itís nothing but red unless youíre not a Flames fan. Every notice how goofey the Flames fan who wears a white Flames jersey looks at a home game? Anyways we all know the Habs draw big crowds when theyíre on the road. There will be ALOT of Habs fans at the game in Calgary February 9th. The contrast of white on red will be amazing if we can get it to work. Make the Habs fans visable to the team.

Also if you guys know of any Habs fans or anyone who might attend this game and not be cheering for the Flames that night, tell them about this and tell them to tell others they know about. The more people who know the easier itíll be to spread the word by February 9th. Even Oilers fans Iíve talked to have shown interest in supporting this. Itís been 3 years since Montrealís come to Calgary. Letís make it a night to remember.

If anyone's intersted the link to the facebook group is posted below.

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40504043831

Last edited by Bloodflowers: 02-08-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Bloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
heh, my white jersey is a Hamrlik one. It'd be a double-whammy to wear that in Calgary.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM

I love this idea.

68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
On February 9th 2009 the Montreal Canadiens will invade the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta to take on the Flames. The goal is simple. To get all Habs fans who plan on attending the game to WEAR WHITE in an attempt to break up the "Sea of Red". We realize some of you hardcore Habs fans may have red Habs jerseys and have likely waited a long time to wear that jersey to a live Habs game. We're not saying don't wear that jersey but hey.... Don't wear a red Habs jersey lol. You've got untill February 9th to splurge on a white Habs t-shirt or even a nice new white Habs jersey. White towels would be a nice touch as well. Nothing would be sweeter than to have a Sea of White singing "Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!" . Let's make it a home game for the boys!

Why do this in Calgary? Itís simple. Calgary is the only building in the league where the fans all wear the same colour every single game. Itís nothing but red unless youíre not a Flames fan. Every notice how goofey the Flames fan who wears a white Flames jersey looks at a home game? Anyways we all know the Habs draw big crowds when theyíre on the road. There will be ALOT of Habs fans at the game in Calgary February 9th. The contrast of white on red will be amazing if we can get it to work. Make the Habs fans visable to the team.

Also if you guys know of any Habs fans or anyone who might attend this game and not be cheering for the Flames that night, tell them about this and tell them to tell others they know about. The more people who know the easier itíll be to spread the word by February 9th. Even Oilers fans Iíve talked to have shown interest in supporting this. Itís been 3 years since Montrealís come to Calgary. Letís make it a night to remember.

If anyone's intersted the link to the facebook group is posted below.

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40504043831
Flames fans look goofy regardless.

I'll be damned if I'm not attending this game!

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I'll bring my red jerseys but wear my white ones for the most part. I'll probably be there considering I live in Calgary and all (attend university in the Bridge though).

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
I'll bring my red jerseys but wear my white ones for the most part. I'll probably be there considering I live in Calgary and all (attend university in the Bridge though).
See ya there.

Old
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Ok, who's gonna score me some tickets? I've been trying through my contacts but nothing yet. I hope not to have to resort to an online service or scalper.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Coado

Hey guys, I'm moving to Calgary on the 8th of nov. Just wondering how hard it would be to get tickets to this game? Any game at that..

Coado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Flames fans look goofy regardless.
That's pretty funny.

Hab-a-Manica why would you bring your red jeresys and wear your white ones? That's a bit odd isn't it. Why not just wear the white ones and leave the red ones at home? It's no big deal. I just found it curious why anyone would bring more than one jersey to a game.

Remember guys to tell everyone you know(except Flames fans ) about this. That's the whole point. We need everyone(even if you're not going to the game) to spread the word. We've got lots of time to get it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coado View Post
Hey guys, I'm moving to Calgary on the 8th of nov. Just wondering how hard it would be to get tickets to this game? Any game at that..
For face value for this game Coado? Probably really hard. the day tickets go on sale they'll be gone instantly. I'd keep an eye on stubhub, and ebay for now and if something comes up grab them just for peace of mind. There isn't much on there right now but as the game gets closer things will start popping up. Then the day they go on sale see what you can get through Ticketmaster. Trust me if you end up with extra tickets for thsi game they will not be hard to get rid of.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Coado

I kinda figured.. Going to be difficult to be a Habs fan in Calgary I'm guessing.. Thanks for the ideas and links though.. really appreciated !

Coado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Fido22

Yay Habs fans in Calgary!

Go People Go!

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
antoniojr

A white out of the Saddledome would be sweet.
As much white as possible from ALL the Habs' fans in attendance would look sick!
I don't know about you guys, but IF i get tickets *fingers crossed* I'm bringing a big ass Habs flag on a pole, I think it'll add to the effect as the Flames fans are really the only ones you see waving decent sized flags (ie. not car flags)
If anyone wants to pick some up I know for a fact that Premier Sports in Marlborough Mall has them, I've also seen them at random Jersey City locations.
LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN lol

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
A white out of the Saddledome would be sweet.
As much white as possible from ALL the Habs' fans in attendance would look sick!
I don't know about you guys, but IF i get tickets *fingers crossed* I'm bringing a big ass Habs flag on a pole, I think it'll add to the effect as the Flames fans are really the only ones you see waving decent sized flags (ie. not car flags)
If anyone wants to pick some up I know for a fact that Premier Sports in Marlborough Mall has them, I've also seen them at random Jersey City locations.
LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN lol
Awesome. Same here Antoniojr. I'm gonna bring a huge Habs flag too. Probably only wave it when they score or at the start of periods but still I'm brining it. Plus a littel white towel

Old
10-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coado View Post
I kinda figured.. Going to be difficult to be a Habs fan in Calgary I'm guessing.. Thanks for the ideas and links though.. really appreciated !
It's not that bad. Yeah some Flames fans can be dicks (mainly the bandwagoners from 2004), but most Calgarians won't care if you support the Habs. There's plenty of support for our team in Calgary anyways.

Old
10-29-2008, 07:30 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
It's not that bad. Yeah some Flames fans can be dicks (mainly the bandwagoners from 2004), but most Calgarians won't care if you support the Habs. There's plenty of support for our team in Calgary anyways.
*orders (new this year, finally!) "away" jersey for girls*
*waits to be asked to go to the game*
*hint hint*

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
slocheauska

If I was a Flames fan in Calgary, I would tell everybody who's going to that game to wear a white Flames jersey.

slocheauska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocheauska View Post
If I was a Flames fan in Calgary, I would tell everybody who's going to that game to wear a white Flames jersey.

That would only work in our favor. Wearing Red is ingrained in Flames fans brains. They'd never be able to rally enough support for all of them to wear white for one game. It'd be too complicated for them. Some wold do it, others would say "No way thats' what the Habs fans are gonna wear" If they tried this it'd only help us. There'd be more white and it would just go against what they as Flames fans do. I say let'em wear white

Old
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
*orders (new this year, finally!) "away" jersey for girls*
*waits to be asked to go to the game*
*hint hint*
Hey ana, I just remembered...you wanna go to the game? I can get 2 tickets.

Old
11-01-2008, 12:25 AM
antoniojr

bump.

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:05 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Hey ana, I just remembered...you wanna go to the game? I can get 2 tickets.
Sure. Let's ask H10H if he can fly me out in his fancy private jet.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
bump.
Lets save the bumps for a week before the game.... its awful early...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Bloodflowers

Guys make sure to check out the flyer Antoniojr made up. Looks pretty sweet.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...89116_7872.jpg

Keep spreading the word. Maybe it's too early for "bumps" but it's not too early to tell people about this. Not sure when the last time fans of a road team rallied together in this fashion. Every Habs fan in Calgary should know about this by game day

Old
11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Bloodflowers

Just wanted to put it out there that a few of my buddies who were at the Leafs vs Flames game last night said it was nuts. Tons of Leafs fans. They say it'll be tough for Habs fans to top what Leafs fans did. I say no problem.

Old
11-12-2008, 06:09 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
Just wanted to put it out there that a few of my buddies who were at the Leafs vs Flames game last night said it was nuts. Tons of Leafs fans. They say it'll be tough for Habs fans to top what Leafs fans did. I say no problem.
I watched a bit of that game on TV and I could clearly hear "Go Leafs Go" from the crowd. If I hadn't been looking at the screen I would have assumed the game was being played in Toronto. Can't wait to hear Go Habs Go at the Saddledome!

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Bloodflowers

Just a reminder that tickets for the Habs vs Flames in Calgary on February 9th go on sale this Monday(tomorrow) at 10:00 am Calgary time.