HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If You Could Get Rid of One Player...

View Poll Results: If You Could Get Rid of One Player...
Scott Gomez 19 11.59%
Chris Drury 18 10.98%
Wade Redden 108 65.85%
Marcus Naslund 1 0.61%
Aaron Voros 9 5.49%
Freddy Sjostrom 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Nik Zherdev 2 1.22%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Colton Orr 1 0.61%
Blair Betts 0 0%
Nigel Dawes 4 2.44%
I'm an apologist (None of the above) 2 1.22%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-10-2009, 08:47 AM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
I would Drury. Evantually he will come out of it, & be used the right way, which is 2nd line shut down center. I would keep the 3rd line Dubi, Korps Cally

What we need is a bonifide 1st line center & winger.

we have a team of 2nd & 3rd liners.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:56 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Omg. My brother is trying to convince me they should pull 36 yr old Zigmund Palffy out of the Slovak league, because hes had such great numbers there.

I want to pull my hair out, burn it and eat it after reading that.

That would be the softest team in the history of the NHL.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:04 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
And Voros is making 1 million and isn't asked to do nearly as much....Redden is being paid like a superstar and is in reality a bottom pair defenseman...and this won't change over the next 5 years....I don't know how anyone can NOT vote for Redden on this poll....At least Gomez and Drury are decent players...Redden just flat out sucks...
I don't believe that. I still see him as a top pair defenseman. He has a good stride, he has a good shot. It was his play in Atlanta that got the puck to Gomez that got the puck to Nazzy for the tie.

The defense is not to blame for our predicament. Its the offense.

Just like against the devils. Once they realize that the rangers will not make a run behind their defense, they started moving forward and becoming aggressive....they knew to keep pushing.

A good defense makes it easier to play offense, a good offense keeps people off your guys so they can actually pass it.

Redden is not the problem, and given the right playing partner, he can be made into a major asset.

Voros on the other hand, not a major asset, doesn't have the top end potential or talent, and is just really slow.

At least Redden has some speed and can move the puck.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
I don't believe that. I still see him as a top pair defenseman. He has a good stride, he has a good shot. It was his play in Atlanta that got the puck to Gomez that got the puck to Nazzy for the tie.

Just like against the devils. Once they realize that the rangers will not make a run behind their defense, they started moving forward and becoming aggressive....they knew to keep pushing.

A good defense makes it easier to play offense, a good offense keeps people off your guys so they can actually pass it.

Redden is not the problem, and given the right playing partner, he can be made into a major asset.

Voros on the other hand, not a major asset, doesn't have the top end potential or talent, and is just really slow.

Voros doesn't have a cap strapping contract though. It's ridiculous to pick anyone on this list other than Redden, Gomez and Drury.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:17 AM
eco's bones

Voros can be moved easily enough and/or sent to Hartford and we'll still have the same basic problems. We still won't be able to score and we'll still be in cap hell hoping that some team out there might take one of our horrible contracts off our hands. It doesn't really matter in a sense which of Drury, Gomez and Redden we can get rid of--just that we get rid of any of them. That will be a happy day.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

I dont mind Redden being on the team as much as I mind his contract being on the team. His 6.5 million dollar salary should have been used to sign a forward.

And wait a minute...Redden has some speed?!?! You should look into that again...the game passed him by years ago.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Redden and his crazy contract...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:54 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Have you actually watched a single game this season?

One of the biggest knocks against Redden, of the many, is that he skates like he's walking through molasses. He's incredibly slow. And a lot of good his "puck moving ability" has done for this team. He's really been a big contributor to the offense.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Omg. My brother is trying to convince me they should pull 36 yr old Zigmund Palffy out of the Slovak league, because hes had such great numbers there.

I want to pull my hair out, burn it and eat it after reading that.

That would be the softest team in the history of the NHL.
lol do it

I think Ziggy might;ve retired altogether though.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I would Drury. Evantually he will come out of it, & be used the right way, which is 2nd line shut down center. I would keep the 3rd line Dubi, Korps Cally

What we need is a bonifide 1st line center & winger.

we have a team of 2nd & 3rd liners.
I disagree....What we actually have is a team of 2nd liners and 4th liners/black aces....!

And no matter how uselss I think Orr is and Sjostrom is at ES, gotta gree that Redden and his contract would by far be the best thing to get rid of..

Almost every move Sather made in the off-season except for the Zherdev trade (good deal for both teams) and re-upping Mara was horrible, but Redden's was by far the most assinine and miscalculated..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:03 AM
gmanwrx

how many time have redden got burned one on one, or tried to pinch, got burned. left henrik out to dry on breakways. the guy doesnt skate up with the puck-his passing is horrible. he is the biggest waste. i would take malik back over him any day of the week.
And i hated malik...

we should have just took a chance on potter or del zotto on bring them up and being upset. then spending this big waste of a contract on redden.

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

You know, the sad state of affairs with this team could be stomached a lot easier if we knew Cherepanov, possibly a superstar in the making, would be coming next year to change the whole dynamic of the team.

One superstar on a team could change everything, see Eric Staal, Parise, etc..

Thats the saddest part about all of this, no matter what you thought Cherry wouldve brought at least they had an out going into next year so to speak. Thats gone and its awful cold this winter.

Old
02-10-2009, 11:12 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
You know, the sad state of affairs with this team could be stomached a lot easier if we knew Cherepanov, possibly a superstar in the making, would be coming next year to change the whole dynamic of the team.

One superstar on a team could change everything, see Eric Staal, Parise, etc..

Thats the saddest part about all of this, no matter what you thought Cherry wouldve brought at least they had an out going into next year so to speak. Thats gone and its awful cold this winter.
Of course it's sad, and it's a shame. But frankly, we don't really know that he would have been that good to the point that it would have changed the fact that we're in big trouble.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
his mom died a few years back...
And that's when he lost his desire to play hockey. A lot of people thought a change of scenery from Ottawa would help, but it obviously didn't. I actually feel bad for Redden, though that's little comfort to Rangers fans who have to watch him play like he doesn't care and waste large amounts of cap space in the process.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:14 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Have you actually watched a single game this season?

One of the biggest knocks against Redden, of the many, is that he skates like he's walking through molasses. He's incredibly slow. And a lot of good his "puck moving ability" has done for this team. He's really been a big contributor to the offense.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Yeah I have been watching the games, he's not as slow as Kalinin, Voros, Orr, Betts, Reitz.

And he actually jumps into the play every now and then. I agree he's not worth his contract.

But the question was, which one player do you want to get rid of.....and my answer is Voros.

Simple.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Of course it's sad, and it's a shame. But frankly, we don't really know that he would have been that good to the point that it would have changed the fact that we're in big trouble.
I agree, i wasnt one of his biggest supporters anyway...

but the idea that he could have hurts.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Yeah I have been watching the games, he's not as slow as Kalinin, Voros, Orr, Betts, Reitz.

And he actually jumps into the play every now and then. I agree he's not worth his contract.

But the question was, which one player do you want to get rid of.....and my answer is Voros.

Simple.
If you think Redden is faster than Betts, you should get your eyes checked. Seriously.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
eco's bones

At the risk of not being able to provide a link because it comes from blueshirt bulletin +. Here is how Captain Chris responds when asked about the powerplay and how it can be made to work.

'Just sticking with it. Just simple things. Just keep getting in front (?!?!), keep getting pucks to the net (?!?!). We have tried a lot of different stuff(?). We're never going to quit on it. That should answer that.'

That-final-should answer that--which he concludes his answer with is all I need to know that this guy is way in over his head as captain of this team. In a way it is kind of hilarious. Go away--we'll just keep plugging. Sooner or later it'll just fix itself--kind of a cluelessness that reminds me of GWB. I don't see any leadership from this guy at all. This guy is a terrible spokesperson for this team.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
At the risk of not being able to provide a link because it comes from blueshirt bulletin +. Here is how Captain Chris responds when asked about the powerplay and how it can be made to work.

'Just sticking with it. Just simple things. Just keep getting in front (?!?!), keep getting pucks to the net (?!?!). We have tried a lot of different stuff(?). We're never going to quit on it. That should answer that.'

That-final-should answer that--which he concludes his answer with is all I need to know that this guy is way in over his head as captain of this team. In a way it is kind of hilarious. Go away--we'll just keep plugging. Sooner or later it'll just fix itself--kind of a cluelessness that reminds me of GWB. I don't see any leadership from this guy at all. This guy is a terrible spokesperson for this team.
He's clearly not a good leader. But I knew that for a while now. And you're better off keeping politics out of this...not a good road to go down.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
hahahaha

Old
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
bcrt2000

Redden, Drury and Gomez to Omsk for Jagr.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

"I'm an apologist"

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
He's clearly not a good leader. But I knew that for a while now. And you're better off keeping politics out of this...not a good road to go down.
Just a side comment is all. Usually they just slide right down with no problem at all.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
"I'm an apologist"
Are you quoting yourself saying you're an apologist or are you quoting someone else and rolling your proverbial "eyes" at them? I'm confused.