HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Gainey the problem?

Old
02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
JackieChan

vCash: 500
Back to Gainey:

Did he ever explain why he refuses to negociate during the season? If it's to prevent jealousy or players receiving special treatments, how is that any better than creating a competition environment in which players may try to boost their stats with their post-season negociations in mind instead of putting the team first?

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
hab4life

His biggest error was not having ESP.

Significant injuries to:
Price
Koivu
Higgins
Komisarek
Tanguay
Lang
A.Kos (Short period)

Lesser Extent
Dandy
Laraque

Despite this the team is still in a playoff spot (for now)

hab4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

McPhee once again let his pills lie around.

And they have been taken by more than one poster, as seen by some redundant comments, from redundant posters.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
38 cupless years*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
You may be harsh but you aren't the only one saying this. I know Pierre Maguire and PJ Stock have been.

...insert all negative comments about these two here:
pierre and pj are always negative in regards to the habs...just like you. so of course you'd mention them.

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Frank Doby

I can agree easily with you on this one.

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Donkeyz

It's so fun to compute !

Donkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Judge Sauer*

teh internetz is fun. i grow more intelligenter every day i's read from it.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 cupless years View Post
pierre and pj are always negative in regards to the habs...just like you. so of course you'd mention them.
I'll take their opinion over yours.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
I keep saying I won't come back to the boards until the game on Wed. because of threads like this
It's stupid emo threads like this are why I don't frequent the Habs board as much as I'd like to.

People seriously need to think before they post.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Lang has been good but you will see him slip away during the playoffs.
Considering he is likely out for the season, you have a good point here.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Judge Sauer*

Hasn't happened yet, but wait until he leaves his Blackberry at St Hubert.
CKAC's dream come true.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Joe Cole

Why doesn't everyone start there own thread with whatever person they would like to blame?

I want to go next.

I think it's Tom Kostopolous's fault. His name is hard to spell, it confuses people and the Habs react by tanking a few games here and there.

Now it's your turn.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Joe Cole

Freaking Gainey..... if only he listened to the posters on HF....

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I'll take their opinion over yours.
I'll take mine over yours or theirs.

BTW, Pee-air McGuire has never been known as huge Habs fan, even, before last season, he seemed to loathe them. And PJ is a diehard Ruins fan.

Yeah, their stock is high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Slow Bob Gainey {Slingblade} certainly has never addressed the teams needs, so yeah.. if you aren't part of the solution you can be considered part of the problem.
Take a look at the 2002-2003 roster and tell me again that he never adressed the team's needs.

Oh right, I'm talking to you, so I shouldn't expect that you'd use logic or facts.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old
02-10-2009, 03:47 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I'll take mine over yours or theirs.

BTW, Pee-air McGuire has never been known as huge Habs fan, even, before last season, he seemed to loathe them. And PJ is a diehard Ruins fan.

Yeah, their stock is high
You sound like such a whiner. "He doesn't like the Habs, so I won't listen". He's on TSN and NBC and PJ is on CBC, but their opinions mean nothing to you.

Critical thinking - look into it.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:55 PM
38 cupless years*

Quote:
You sound like such a whiner. "He doesn't like the Habs, so I won't listen". He's on TSN and NBC and PJ is on CBC, but their opinions mean nothing to you.

post when the habs are winning and not losing - look into it.

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:

So because they're on TV, they are better and more knowledgeable than the rest?

I respect Pierre but.. PJ? Really? Because he's on CBC he knows what he's talking about? Really? Have you ever actually listened to him? Jesus christ.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
C4KOMI

bob.jpg Attachment 32060

Last edited by C4KOMI: 11-26-2009 at 07:22 PM.
C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

We wouldn't be having this problem if the league would have gotten rid of shot blocking like Gainey wanted!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

Thats the best strategy Gainey could have in a so crucial season.. And we actually see the ones that wont come back.. Prove me what you can bring for this team and we will negociate when the season end..

Nothing wrong with that approach.. Its fair for everyone.. Do you really wanted Gainey to sign a guy like Kovalev for 3 more years before the season start?

There is a prob but you have the wrong targets.. Who have been speaking about Komisarek's contract lately.. The medias.. Who have been talking 1 hour long about a letter changing of jersey? The medias.. Why the hell has RDS showed some days ago Koivu going to the other rink, making a 10 sec apparence at the end of the ice.. Not reacting to some noise coming from some child at the other end of the ice when Youppi was interracting with them? They made Koivu look like a heartless person when we all know thats clearly not the case.. Maybe Koivu had the head somewhere else, maybe Koivu thought the kids were reacting to Youppi ect ect.. Thats BS journalism, especially considering they did it just after Koivu's come back, after a loss where Kovalev lost his famous "C"... Who said on the air that Price was in desintox? Who said on the air that Laraque didnt care about playing? Who are making constant BS controversy out of anything?

Why so many hockey players dont wanna come play here when they basically all admit how great the fans are and how great the atmosphere is when they play here?

There are too many BS journalists on the air, thats it thats all.. Every little moves Carbo does are analyzed by the I wanna be GM fans, the I wanna be GM journalists and re analized again and over again.. Why did Jacques Lemaire say the Canadiens were uncoachable? Why Mario Tremblay, another warrior that played his heart for this team, has something against MTL?

Claude Julien "juju" is actually the head coach of the best team in the league, a team that have improved drasticly since he took control of this team, probably the most improved team in the shortest laps of time..

Michel Therrien, head coach of the Stanley cup finalist last year..

Alain Vigneault, Jacks Adams under his belt..

No dear friend, the problem isnt Gainey, neither Carbo, the prob is that our players are suffocating!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

LOL... you talking about critical thinking is like mother Theresa talking about murder.

You know, the 'critical' part of the expression "critical thinking" doesn't mean you have to "critic" something to actually have critical thinking. Critical thinking is a process, one which you seem foreign to.

I could say the exact same thing about you "oh he doesn't like the Habs, so I WILL listen to him, because I don't like them either!!".

Sorry, but you've COMPLETELY missed the boat on critical thinking the second you doubted Gainey, and yet put credit on what these 'experts' say.

So lemme get this straight... Gainey doesn't know what he's doing, but McGuire and Stock know what they are talking about?

So I should trust their opinion, because they are professionals from the media, but I shouldn't trust Gainey because he's a professional who doesn't have a clue about his job? Hmmm, it sounds more like you have an issue, its called negative bias, which is miles apart from critical thinking. because if we were to trust the most knowledgable source, I doubt people would chose McGuire over Gainey. Ahem.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-10-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old
02-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Melvin Udall

Is Gainey the Problem?

While I don't necessarily think that Gainey is the entire problem, Gainey does not seem to be able to find solutions to the Hab's problems - which is his responsibility!

Gainey has been Hab's GM nearly 6 years and this team is no closer to being a Cup contender than when he took the team over in '03!

Other GM's (Holmgen in Philly and Chiarelli in Boston) have done much more than Gainey in a much shorter time.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Confidence would be the problem.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
kurt walker

No the problem is Carboneau

kurt walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Everything is going how it's supposed to go this year. Kovalev is playing how he always played. We have two sophomores in nets. Injuries happens to every team. Plekenec is playing like he was playing two years ago. Gorges, Bouillon and Brisebois show that they are #6 or 7 Dmen. Higgins/Komisarek/Andrei K are still somewhat underachieving.

But on the bright side some players are doing great, better than expected (Markov, Koivu, Tanguay, Latendresse, Lapierre, Kostopoulos, Dandenault + the callups.

So some thing are going well, some are going bad and we're still 5th in the conference depite having a pretty average lineup (no top fowards, pretty bad defense, questionable goaltending, not much grit, size or intensity).

I think the Habs are doing pretty good for what they have. But we're not in position to beat go far into the playoffs right now.
You truly are MAD if you think you're giving a fair assessment of our players.

According to you, it's normal for Plekanec to play bad..?!..he had a 1 1/2 good season, but that was just luck I guess.
It's normal that a team keeps losing key players at the same time, multiple times throughout the year.
It's normal for 8players to be in a bad slump.
It's normal for Higgins/A.Kost/Komi to underachieve..which is paradoxical.
Tanguay has apparently been better than expected..

What the hell are you talking about..??..

Our team has been faced with adversity by having to deal with injuries since the beginning of the season. Due to this, chemistry wasn't developed.
It's not normal for everything to go bad/collapse at the same time.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote