HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Krestonovich traded to Minn for Bala

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 05:57 PM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Krestonovich traded to Minn for Bala

I've got NO problems with this trade at all. Bala has some potential in the same realm as Moore and Brigley. He was an AHL allstar in '03.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
I've got NO problems with this trade at all. Bala has some potential in the same realm as Moore and Brigley. He was an AHL allstar in '03.
I just saw this deal. TSN's little scouting report on him says he's a real hard worker with 4th line potential. I like to hear the phrase "hard working", but I am afraid sometimes it's code for "not a lot of talent." Any more juice on this one?

And this means that whoever said the Avs could make as many as 4 trades by the deadline was right on. Huh.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
I just saw this deal. TSN's little scouting report on him says he's a real hard worker with 4th line potential. I like to hear the phrase "hard working", but I am afraid sometimes it's code for "not a lot of talent." Any more juice on this one?

And this means that whoever said the Avs could make as many as 4 trades by the deadline was right on. Huh.
Buchigross on ESPN said that on Sunday.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBrad
Buchigross on ESPN said that on Sunday.
Then that's by far the best thing he's said on air since he name dropped Guided by Voices.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Laperriere22*

And the cleaning of the farm continues. Krestanovich wasn't a big loss for the Avs, but Bala isn't going to be a gain either. A nothing deal, much like the Bonvie deal. Want to see what Krestanovich can do on a team like the Wild too because Krestanovich has a lot of speed, which fits perfectly into Lemaire's style.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Hmmm......

Lots of trades with Minnisota this season, seems kind of odd we'd trade with the same team 3 different times in the same season.

......Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:09 PM
skolgoar

The deal looks like a salary dump. Bala is a career minor leaguer, so he isn't going to ask for much money. oth, if I am calculating correctly, Krestanovich will be finishing his entry contract this season and will be looking to renegoiate. He might even ask for a one-way contract. By moving him now, the Avs have a bit better idea of their salary structure for next year. Meanwhile the Wild, who have less talent overall, have added a player that could be an NHL'er sometime within his next contract. They will have more leverage in negotiations, because they can guarantee a better shot at a real NHL position, rather than a minor league deal with the possiblity of an injury call-up.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
<b> Actually guys, this is just a classy move by the Avs. I did a little background check on Bala and it seems he played a Harvard at exactly the same time Moore did. I'm betting they are good friends and the Avs acquired him to add something positive for Steve during this time. </b>

Old
03-09-2004, 11:37 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
<b> Actually guys, this is just a classy move by the Avs. I did a little background check on Bala and it seems he played a Harvard at exactly the same time Moore did. I'm betting they are good friends and the Avs acquired him to add something positive for Steve during this time. </b>
Well if they did do that for Steve and the player has promise, no complaints here right now. Krestanovich did have some potential though.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:43 PM
IceBagadonuts

Bala = Moore ?

Quote:
Bingo.

Both Bala and Moore played at Harvard ('97-01) and graduated together.

While Bala may be a slight offensive upgrade over Krestanovich at Hershey, my gut tells me this was more of a symbolic move: (a) out of respect for Steve Moore, and (b) to Send-a-Message that Colorado can't be pounded into submission. With all the AHL'ers availalble out there, I don't think Colorado just randomly pulled Bala's name out of a hat.

On a practical level, it's a good move for loyal-soldier Kresty. He was out of call-up options with the Avs (facing waivers the next time up-and-down) and he probably needed a scenery change. He'll be a better fit with Jacques Lemaire's system as a pure defensive F/checker.

With coaching, maybe Bala can develop/be another Steve Moore/Travis Brigley kind of respectable depth guy, too. Hershey sure can use him right now.

This trade's not earth-shaking, but it's quietly classy on PL's part, with a touch of poetic symbolism.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Yayo

Quote:
Ah, I get it. Classy move by PL.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:19 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller259
Lots of trades with Minnisota this season, seems kind of odd we'd trade with the same team 3 different times in the same season.

......Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Two times

Bala and Hendrickson

Closed Thread