HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Pronger available

Old
02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Clock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 View Post
Yeah saying as good, if not better means it's really close.
It's not really close, man.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Yeah kind of the way, Jame intelligently comes up with a response calling it dumbest post of the year and always acting like he's better than everyone right? It's funny how you guys attack every new poster, but when they come back at you, you cry like this.
This has nothing to do with how new of a poster you are, and has EVERYTHING to do with your incorrect statement on top of incorrect statement.

I'll attribute this downfall simply to you not knowing Pronger was signed thru next year.

Ask Jame how many times I've been attacked, or vice versa. Has nothing to do with post count - it's content. And for the record, I don't consider "coming back at someone" calling them "an immature tool" or anything along those lines. I'd call "coming back" replying to someone's post with intelligent, factual insight or an opinion backed by something that remotely resembles a hockey viewer. Which you have yet to do.

If you want to debate, I'm in. If you want to exchange childish shots with no real correlation to anything hockey related, I'm out. Pronger is way better than Campbell. Right now, in the past, and probably for a few more years still in the future

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
This has nothing to do with how new of a poster you are, and has EVERYTHING to do with your incorrect statement on top of incorrect statement.

Ask Jame how many times I've been attacked, or vice versa. Has nothing to do with post count - it's content.
Yeah and I think the content of almost all the Sabres fans posters in the trade forum sucks. Nonstop ridiculous proposals with Pominville in it. Connolly for Lombardi. Nothing but brutality.

And you guys don't seem to understand the grasp of trades. When you "buy" it usually means you trade futures, not one of your best roster players for a player that's on the block. You guys have absolutely no idea how to improve a team.

A few other people kept making comments making it seem like Pronger was a UFA so I got confused there. Sue me. And yes, he was terrible in the playoffs for the Blues. So you don't seem to know facts either.

And again, if you guys are going to continue to make rude comments towards me, then you can expect it back.

And I'm one of the only optimists on here. Everyone else thinks we have no shot at winning the Cup. I think we have a damn good chance. Anything can happen in the playoffs and we've proven we can beat Boston etc. The negative attitude around here is absolutely disturbing.

slugfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
I didn't even say Campbell is better than Pronger.
actually, yes you did.

Quote:
Campbell is as good, if not better, than Pronger right now.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Yep and Campbell didn't go to two straight Eastern Conference finals too right?

I didn't even say Campbell is better than Pronger. I just said at this point of their careers, their trade value is almost equal. That guy is insane for proposing Stafford, Myers and a 1st for Pronger. Apparently all of you would do the same though. Not shocking, considering most of the bonehead proposals I see you guys making daily.
This has been an intriguing conversation but I just had to butt in on one slight issue which is that Campbell is a 2nd pairing guy in Chicago. He's their number 3 behind Keith and Seabrook. He is vastly overpaid so in no way is his trade value anywhere close to Pronger.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Weird Fish

Send a message via AIM to Weird Fish
I would love it if we could work out some sort of handshake deal with him to sign an extension come July 1st.

Pominville, one of Butler/Weber, 1st could work. Then work out a Tallinder deal with a separate team to try and recoup some of the youth lost. Not sure on the value of the Pronger deal though, cuz that might be a bit much.

Weird Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
actually, yes you did.
as good as, if not better means it's a toss up. It doesn't say he IS better. Pronger in his prime is clearly better. Right now their trade value isn't far off but whatever.

I've seen countless stupid trade proposals from Sabres fans, I don't need to validate what I say any further.

Pardon me for not wanting to give up Stafford, Myers and a 1st for Pronger. My freaking bad. I did accept to the OP's proposal though of Sekera, Paille/Gogulla, and a 1st.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Yeah saying as good, if not better means it's really close. It could go either way. And I'm consistently saying their trade value is about even in this point of their career.

I've also said I would love to get Pronger. And the OP's proposal would probably be fine with me. That one offer remains brutal for us though from that other guy.
WHAT?

saying equal to or greater could actually mean lesser? that is the coolest logic i've ever heard of. that means everything you say could ACTUALLY mean the opposite, and therefore you can never be wrong.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Yeah and I think the content of almost all the Sabres fans posters in the trade forum sucks. Nonstop ridiculous proposals with Pominville in it. Connolly for Lombardi. Nothing but brutality.

And you guys don't seem to understand the grasp of trades. When you "buy" it usually means you trade futures, not one of your best roster players for a player that's on the block. You guys have absolutely no idea how to improve a team.

A few other people kept making comments making it seem like Pronger was a UFA so I got confused there. Sue me. And yes, he was terrible in the playoffs for the Blues. So you don't seem to know facts either.

And again, if you guys are going to continue to make rude comments towards me, then you can expect it back.

And I'm one of the only optimists on here. Everyone else thinks we have no shot at winning the Cup. I think we have a damn good chance. Anything can happen in the playoffs and we've proven we can beat Boston etc. The negative attitude around here is absolutely disturbing.
Facts: Pronger has a Cup, Norris, Hart... Pronger has been to the playoffs for the majority of his career. The downfall of a team is hardly on the #1 defenseman of said team.

more fact: you can't trade piles of literal fecal **** and crumbbum prospects and expect to get a top defenseman back. That's not how "trades" work. You have to give to get.

also fact: Pronger is signed through next year... So instead of suing you, I'll accuse you (again) of not knowing enough of the factual details.

Don't know where you're going with your "optimism" stuff, because I personally think we're a few pieces and a run of good health away from competing for a Cup - THIS YEAR.

You're also posting in the wrong place if you can't take it when people disagree with such statements as "Pronger is not much better than Campbell" or "Pronger was the reason the Blues 'choked' all those years in the playoffs." Those statements are horrid, putrid, incorrect babble-sessions that will most certainly get called out. When you draw a poor parallel, like Pronger to Campbell, it'll get called out. Get used to it, get better at that "ignore" feature, or don't post Dunno what else to say

Old
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fish View Post
I would love it if we could work out some sort of handshake deal with him to sign an extension come July 1st.

Pominville, one of Butler/Weber, 1st could work. Then work out a Tallinder deal with a separate team to try and recoup some of the youth lost. Not sure on the value of the Pronger deal though, cuz that might be a bit much.
Yeah uh no. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why the hell would we trade Pominville? We could easily get Pronger for picks and prospects. And wow is that a severe overpayment. This forum is a joke. I could pull a Jame and pretty much say that every post is the dumbest one I've ever read.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
as good as, if not better means it's a toss up. It doesn't say he IS better. Pronger in his prime is clearly better. Right now their trade value isn't far off but whatever.

I've seen countless stupid trade proposals from Sabres fans, I don't need to validate what I say any further.

Pardon me for not wanting to give up Stafford, Myers and a 1st for Pronger. My freaking bad. I did accept to the OP's proposal though of Sekera, Paille/Gogulla, and a 1st.
listen guy, i wouldnt give up Myers in any trade. I doubt id trade Stafford unless im blown away.

My proposal was Sekera, Gerbe, Paille, Tallinder

Campbell's trade value, due to 6 more years at 7+ per, is almost untradeable in this market.

equal to or greater than does not also mean lesser than. thats crazy talk

Old
02-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

OK, children....

Here's why I wouldn't trade for Pronger... he's *****-whipped.

Let's say we hypothetically traded for him. What happens when his wife doesn't like Buffalo? She got him outta Edmonton, what's to say she wouldn't do it again?

I agree with the first part of the article. We're a solid team that is only going to improve. BUTTTTTT, we're not a contender this year. Mortgaging the future of this franchise because we beat Boston twice is ludicrous.

Bobby Bottle Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Yeah uh no. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why the hell would we trade Pominville? We could easily get Pronger for picks and prospects. And wow is that a severe overpayment. This forum is a joke. I could pull a Jame and pretty much say that every post is the dumbest one I've ever read.
Leave then. Stop posting. Why torture yourself?

Old
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

You're also posting in the wrong place if you can't take it when people disagree with such statements as "Pronger is not much better than Campbell" or "Pronger was the reason the Blues 'choked' all those years in the playoffs." Those statements are horrid, putrid, incorrect babble-sessions that will most certainly get called out. When you draw a poor parallel, like Pronger to Campbell, it'll get called out. Get used to it, get better at that "ignore" feature, or don't post Dunno what else to say
cheers.

i dont understand why people get bent out of shape when their opinions are attacked. the best posters on these boards attack my opinions daily, and its what makes this a good board.
Don't make bold opinionate posts and then get your panties in a tiff when those posts are attacked for their validity and accuracy.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
This is the best Hockey forum on the net. it's just way above your head.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Leave then. Stop posting. Why torture yourself?
So I can prevent Eklund from thinking our whole team is on the block for a bag of pucks.

And so fans of other teams, don't think that Pominville's trade value is as low as Jordan freaking Staal.

I do like a lot of the Sabres posters on here. A few of you act like God's gift to the forum though and think you can just talk down on everyone. Well I'm not one to put up with that, and I'll do it right back.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
This is the best Hockey forum on the net. it's just way above your head.
Please kid. I watch every single sport nonstop. Sports are a big part of my life. I can tell you where almost any NFL player went to college etc. I'd beat you down in a sports trivia game. Obviously you can't do it over the net, because you can just google anything. So if you wanna test me then lets set it up somewhere.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Weird Fish

Send a message via AIM to Weird Fish
I'm not usually the type to pile on, but I've gotta defend myself here.

Quote:
Quote:

You do understand that Pronger is pretty much universally accepted as one of the top-5 defensemen in the league, and is signed through next year, right? You don't get players of his ilk for picks/prospects. You have to give to get. Damn good roster player, + near NHL/NHL ready young player, + high draft pick is pretty standard for a deal like this.

And if we talked extension with Pronger (which I mentioned in my post), Pominville would likely be a cap casualty.

Weird Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

Quote:
Please kid. I watch every single sport nonstop. Sports are a big part of my life. I can tell you where almost any NFL player went to college etc. I'd beat you down in a sports trivia game. Obviously you can't do it over the net, because you can just google anything. So if you wanna test me then lets set it up somewhere.
Awwww Snap! Trivia wars at the Anchor!

Old
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Clock

Quote:
I do like a lot of the Sabres posters on here. A few of you act like God's gift to the forum though and think you can just talk down on everyone. Well I'm not one to put up with that, and I'll do it right back.
That's admirable and welcome, you've just gotta pick your battles - the stuff you're saying here about Pronger is pretty out there and you're not giving much to explain why you feel that way, hence why you're getting such a strong reaction.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
did you just challenge someone to a test of wits over the internet? That's classic, sure let's meet up at recess.

knowledge is useless if you can't apply it properly. Im sure you know everything there is to know about Pronger and Campbell, but your application of the knowledge leads to comical statements of idiocy.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Pronger is not that much better than Campbell. Campbell is playing solid defense now and he's definitely better offensively than Pronger. He's also much younger
Pronger is worlds better than Campbell, who will never come close to approaching Pronger's level of defensive aplomb or general intimidation/toughness. And for a guy who's "definitely better offensively" than Pronger, Campbell only has four more points. Thirty-six points (7+29) compared to 32 (9+23) is not some sort of gaping disparity.

And when the going gets tougher in the playoffs, give me Pronger over Campbell a hundred times out of a hundred. I'll take the big intimidator over the smooth-skating Campbell, who fears taking a hit and is prone to terrible giveaways because of it.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fish View Post
You do understand that Pronger is pretty much universally accepted as one of the top-5 defensemen in the league, and is signed through next year, right? You don't get players of his ilk for picks/prospects. You have to give to get. Damn good roster player, + near NHL/NHL ready young player, + high draft pick is pretty standard for a deal like this.

And if we talked extension with Pronger (which I mentioned in my post), Pominville would likely be a cap casualty.
And we have a winner. Finally someone making sense. IF, we were to overpay for Pronger (and the price would be steep) it would be insane to only keep him for 1.25 years. Poms salary would open up the cap space to possibly re-sign him.

Unless his wife doesn't like outlet malls... then all bets are off.

Old
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Jame
Dream '16

putting Pronger and Campbell in the same league is like putting Joe Thornton and Mike Ribeiro in the same league

Old
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
putting Pronger and Campbell in the same league is like putting Joe Thornton and Mike Ribeiro in the same league

Says the man who wouldn't trade Jhonas Enroth straight up for Jeff Carter.