Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kyle greentree

Old
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

vCash: 500
kyle greentree

has he been called up yet this year? i was just looking up his stats in quad city, 25 g 21 a, 46 points in 50 games, what kind of player is he?

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
PIMking

alot better if he used his big body. It seems like hes scared to do things that a big body guy should do like go in the front of the net. Hit people, but the fact is that he can score goals. he has also had his fair share of swing and misses but def. Our best goal scorer in the qc. I would love to see the guy learn how to use his body better. hes like a small guy traped in a big body.

No call up this year for him yet probably not unless someone get hurt.

I think that Chucko will be the next call if there is any. I would like to see Sutter send Boyd back to QC instead of wasting him on the 3 or 4th lines.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
3rd in goals in the AHL. Pretty good production from a second year pro. Looks like a real nice pickup by Sutter. Not sure how Ramholt is doing this season, but definetly looks like we have come out on top with the trade.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I would like to see Sutter send Boyd back to QC instead of wasting him on the 3 or 4th lines.

Boyd has already shown he can play in the big club, and be a player you can move around to fill holes with, I don't see why Sutter would send him back to QC. I don't feel he's being wasted at all in his role with the Flames.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Boyd has already shown he can play in the big club, and be a player you can move around to fill holes with, I don't see why Sutter would send him back to QC. I don't feel he's being wasted at all in his role with the Flames.
I think Boyd is being taught defense as his offense isn't the issue. He is slowly learning the game and I think he can only benefit from this as he is being molded into an all around player.

I didn't know Greentree was playing this well. Great news and seems like a steal for Ramholt.

There's a part of me that hopes that Chucko is used in a trade at or near the deadline.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
I wish they would bring Lundmark back up.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
It's Iggy Time

Boyd for being on the 4th line is doing just fine especially with the amount of ice time he gets and he has 9 goals!!! Really when could we last say our 4th line center would have double digits in goals!!!! sending down to quad city might just put his morale down in thr dumps

It's Iggy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
3rd in goals in the AHL. Pretty good production from a second year pro. Looks like a real nice pickup by Sutter. Not sure how Ramholt is doing this season, but definetly looks like we have come out on top with the trade.
Ramholt was traded agian from philly to nashville for a goon.

He doesnt see to much ice time but milwaukee is one of the best teams in the league.

Sutter did get the best end of that deal.

To the OP whos stated that Chucko be gone? I hope so too. That kid isnt going to amount to anything and his production this year is all on the coat tails of Lundmark and Greentree.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Chucko has had a major improvement compared to last year. Give him a bit more time.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
kruezer

I don't see much reason to deal Chucko, its not like he really has any value, and he is finally becoming a decent AHLer (even if his production is helped by others, he can still play in the league) its not like he is holding back the growth of other players. Might as well just leave him alone, he is two and a half years younger than Greentree afterall, maybe he can produce like Greentree once he reaches that age.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Chucko has had a major improvement compared to last year. Give him a bit more time.
I cant think of any time this year were Chucko has forced or opened any scoring chance for himself.. its all been thanks to lundmark and Greentree. I think it might be time for sutter to trade him while his stock is growing and cut ties with the kid. Hes not bad but I wouldnt bet on him being anything other than a 4th liner.

Old
02-11-2009, 07:55 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
I don't see much reason to deal Chucko, its not like he really has any value, and he is finally becoming a decent AHLer (even if his production is helped by others, he can still play in the league) its not like he is holding back the growth of other players. Might as well just leave him alone, he is two and a half years younger than Greentree afterall, maybe he can produce like Greentree once he reaches that age.
Yeah your right. But Greentree spent 4 years in college. I hope the best for him but sutter has stated himself that this is a development team..

Old
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I cant think of any time this year were Chucko has forced or opened any scoring chance for himself.. its all been thanks to lundmark and Greentree. I think it might be time for sutter to trade him while his stock is growing and cut ties with the kid. Hes not bad but I wouldnt bet on him being anything other than a 4th liner.
Not really surprising is it?

Chucko was never or will never be a guy that will produce offense on his own. He's a guy that needs to play with talented players to produce and he has done that this season. Don't see why you would trade him as he has no value really and would be nothing more then a spare part in a deal. Let him continue to develop and hope he can become a role player for the flames.

Old
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
GoFlames

I wonder if Greentree has any chance of making the big team next year. It seems he is a decent pick up for Ramholt. That all said there seem to be others who might make the jump next season which is a nice development over the past.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
In 2 and a half years, Chucko better be in the NHL, not an AHL star. Most first rounders reach ahl star status 2 or 3 years after they are drafted, not 7!!! A star ahler is not what you want from your first round pick. His value is up now, and if he is only going to be a fourth liner, I say move him, as we got lots in the system

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
tfong

Why do you still believe in Chucko??

I think most gave up on him years ago.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
flamesfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
In 2 and a half years, Chucko better be in the NHL, not an AHL star. Most first rounders reach ahl star status 2 or 3 years after they are drafted, not 7!!! A star ahler is not what you want from your first round pick. His value is up now, and if he is only going to be a fourth liner, I say move him, as we got lots in the system
Is his value really up? Seriously your not going to get much for Chucko in a trade.

Chucko seems to be on pace for what he was projected. He was always going to be a long term project who was going to take 5-6 years to make the club. A lot of people forget that this season would be his first in the AHL if he had finished college. He was rushed in the AHL as the college route wasn't working for him and that seemed to hurt his development as he really struggled his first year and a half in the AHL.

Quote:

Nystrom says hi.

Old
02-12-2009, 01:19 PM
JorgeRocks!

If we had not have signed him, we would have gotten a replacement pick between the first and 2 rounds right? Since was going the college route, would that pick have been 4 years after the draft (2008) or the normal 2. (Milan Lucic was a second rounder in 2006.)

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 05:44 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
7 years isn't ideal, sure, but just because he is not progressing at the rate planned doesn't mean dealing him (cause his value is virtually nil), or forcing him onto the team is the correct response. Maybe he never makes it at all, it happens sometimes, and sometimes you just gotta accept you made the wrong pick.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 06:44 AM
tfong

Quote:
Is his value really up? Seriously your not going to get much for Chucko in a trade.

Chucko seems to be on pace for what he was projected. He was always going to be a long term project who was going to take 5-6 years to make the club. A lot of people forget that this season would be his first in the AHL if he had finished college. He was rushed in the AHL as the college route wasn't working for him and that seemed to hurt his development as he really struggled his first year and a half in the AHL.

Nystrom says hi.
Oh wow, we drafted a player that has 7 points in his sophomore season and plays on average 5 mins a game using a 1st round pick.
Nystrom players are somewhat of a dime a dozen these days. Also not one worthy of a first round pick which is the same light I put chucko in if he EVER makes the NHL.

Keep in mind he was supposed to be a power forward with 1st line potential (wheeeee).

I think its safe to say that those few 1st round picks aren't things we can be estatic about.

We're lucky that recent years have been a lot better in supplementing us with players that are more than fringe players.

Ala Pardy and Moss thankfully.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Oh wow, we drafted a player that has 7 points in his sophomore season and plays on average 5 mins a game using a 1st round pick.
Nystrom players are somewhat of a dime a dozen these days. Also not one worthy of a first round pick which is the same light I put chucko in if he EVER makes the NHL.

Keep in mind he was supposed to be a power forward with 1st line potential (wheeeee).

I think its safe to say that those few 1st round picks aren't things we can be estatic about.

We're lucky that recent years have been a lot better in supplementing us with players that are more than fringe players.

so Nystrom isn't what he was 'supposed' to be... even though since day 1 I have heard nothing but how Nystrom will be a good checking line left wing... Nystrom was drafted because his style of game made him a sure fire NHLer... he may only be a sophomore but that has much more to do with his injuries early in his career than it does his ability... perhaps Nystrom isn't a guy that should have been taken with a top 10 pick... but that draft wasn't considered a deep draft and he easily should have been a 1st round pick...

Now on to Chucko... he was drafted as a long term project... the Flames saw him as a late bloomer that should be NHL ready a couple years after being out of college... do to some issues while in college he left early... by no means did this mean he would be ready sooner... Chucko is still probably at least 1 more full season from showing his real potential... so to call him a bust already is just stupid

Now for the player the thread is about, Greentree... I think he will be a 2nd liner at best in the NHL... more likely a 3rd liner that can pot the occasional goal

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou View Post

I didn't know Greentree was playing this well. Great news and seems like a steal for Ramholt.
He sure is a steal for Ramholt, who I think will never make it to the NHL full-time. I never understood the hype around him anyway.

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
We traded Ramholt for josh gratton

I miss greentree

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 01:26 AM
flamesfan12

Quote:
Look at that draft. It was an extremely weak draft and Nystrom was not nearly as bad a pick as you are making it out to be. Is he the top 6 guy he was projected to be? Definetly not, but he is still a very useful player for the flames this year. Plays on the PK, 4th line has been consistant all season and he's a part of that and he is a good character guy in the locker room. Just heard an interview with Eric Duhatshuk and he gave huge props to Nystrom and a few others for what they bring off the ice.

Quote:
You talking about Chucko? Because that was simply not that case at all. Don't think I read anywhere that said Chucko would be a first line player. He was a long term project that would hopefully develop into a top 6 guy. Right now though that is not going to happen and he is going to have to find a way in the bottom six just like Nystrom.

Quote:
Don't think anyone is telling you to be ecstatic. My message anyways was not to give up on players as they could still develop and turn into NHL players. Most fans had ruled Nystrom out 2 years ago(including myself) and he's been solid for the flames this year. In Chucko's case he has made huge strides this year and is producing at the AHL level. Looking back I think the flames may have done what they did with Backlund and sent Chucko to play in the 'dub instead of putting him in the minors. That first year he just wasn't ready and it may have set him back.

Quote:

Absolutely. I think Sutter has done well.

Old
02-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:

That would be stupid. Most prospects take 5+ years to develop and Chucko was noted as a project when we drafted him. He isn't a top 10 pick so there's no reason to expect him to jump in sooner than the 5-6 years most players take.

Anybody who expected him to step in already had unrealistic expectations of him. He dropped out of university early so really this would be his first year pro if he had stayed in school like Nystrom, Moss, Leopold, etc. His development seems to be somewhat similar to Moss, so we might expect him to step in for the 2010 season if he was mirroring Moss's development.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote