HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van Ana

Old
02-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
We have no mid level prospects. We have about two or three great ones, and then everyone else is pretty much a project from there.

Someone in V-City, prove me wrong!
I would call Sauve a mid level prospect.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
I thought Yann was classified as a long-term project, possibly 4-5 years? Well, if gets Anaheim to bite, throw 'em the Sauve-Bait I suppose.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
I thought Yann was classified as a long-term project, possibly 4-5 years?
That wouldn't automatically make him a "low level" prospect. Outside of guys that come out of nowhere or blue chip prospects, doesn't it take most defensemen a number of years to develop enough to make it to the NHL?

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
What can I say, we got shut down by Pahlsson in the 2007 playoffs - we know how good he is.
Yup - he is that dang good.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
I'd call him a "good" prospect. Very good size and physical tools, having the best season of his career in the Q, and he's currently our best defensive prospect in a cupboard left bare with the unfortunate passing of Luc Bourdon. He's the guy I'd want to move the least after Hodgson right now, IMO.

What are the Ducks' needs? Their defense after Pronger, Niedermayer and Beauchemin seems in question...perhaps something around them re-acquiring O'Brien if they're interested?

To ANA:
Shane O'Brien
3rd Round Pick in 2009

To Van:
Samuel Pahlsson

?

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:32 AM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah03 View Post
He's still a 3rd line (yes elite) checking centre UFA... if the ducks want something in return they aren't going to get much more than that. Maybe a 3rd. But i doubt that.

The Ducks could easily land a second for Pahlsson... I mean easily.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 09:20 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post

The Ducks could easily land a second for Pahlsson... I mean easily.
Did you read all the posts of just quote me? Because I did mean White+3rd instead of my original 4th.... Patrick White is still a very young 1st rd prospect with a lot of potential..
If you ment the ducks could easily land a second straight up for Pahlsson, Yeah I agree.

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Moore Money

I would be willing to give up a 2nd + for Pahlsson. He would be a great fit for the Nucks. That would make them one of the best faceoff teams in the league.

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I would be willing to give up a 2nd + for Pahlsson. He would be a great fit for the Nucks. That would make them one of the best faceoff teams in the league.
If you were willing to give up that much I'd rather go look at Moore in T.O. for cheeper.

Old
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Ty Webb*

Quote:
If you were willing to give up that much I'd rather go look at Moore in T.O. for cheeper.
Moore is having a nice season, but I'll take the guy who has been one of the best shutdown centre's in the league for a few years, has won a cup, and is a beast physically. I'm not saying Moore sucks, but lets wait a year or two until we compare him to Pahlsson.

Ty Webb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Ziostilon

i think hes worth a bit more than just being on the third line as a checking center on Vancouver.

As he still probably has some chemistry from back in his MoDo days, and some on Team Sweden with the Sedins.
I think its a final hit or miss, Sammy Pahlsson (with the exception of Mattias Weinhandl) is the final straw in finding the real third Sedin.

If the Sedins still cant make it happen with Pahlsson, then Mike Gillis is going to have to think hard before handing out that extension to them.

+ Sammy is good friends with the Sedins

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:21 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
Moore is having a nice season, but I'll take the guy who has been one of the best shutdown centre's in the league for a few years, has won a cup, and is a beast physically. I'm not saying Moore sucks, but lets wait a year or two until we compare him to Pahlsson.
Well yeah... so would I that's why I had orginally made the proposal for Pahlsson. But when the price got as high as everyone was asking I switched to Moore as another option because he would be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
i think hes worth a bit more than just being on the third line as a checking center on Vancouver.

As he still probably has some chemistry from back in his MoDo days, and some on Team Sweden with the Sedins.
I think its a final hit or miss, Sammy Pahlsson (with the exception of Mattias Weinhandl) is the final straw in finding the real third Sedin.

If the Sedins still cant make it happen with Pahlsson, then Mike Gillis is going to have to think hard before handing out that extension to them.

+ Sammy is good friends with the Sedins
I don't know if Pahlsson plays wing. And right now I don't think that's what the Canucks are looking for I think their hole at 3rd centre with Kesler on the 2nd line is bigger than the hole on the Twin line since they seem to be able to score with anyone there. ex. Burrows.

Old
02-17-2009, 06:03 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't know if Pahlsson plays wing. And right now I don't think that's what the Canucks are looking for I think their hole at 3rd centre with Kesler on the 2nd line is bigger than the hole on the Twin line since they seem to be able to score with anyone there. ex. Burrows.
It's much easier to move from C to W than from W to C, and easier still when your linemates are people you know well (3 years together with the Sedins @ MoDo, 2006 Olympic gold medalists together, etc).

Pahlsson might not fill the Canucks biggest need but he's great on the PK and faceoffs, and guys like that you can never have too many of. Would love to acquire him.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:17 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
It's much easier to move from C to W than from W to C, and easier still when your linemates are people you know well (3 years together with the Sedins @ MoDo, 2006 Olympic gold medalists together, etc).

Pahlsson might not fill the Canucks biggest need but he's great on the PK and faceoffs, and guys like that you can never have too many of. Would love to acquire him.
Acquiring him is something I would really like to do. I dont know about his past with the Twins but if you say so I'll agree:p.. as far as everyone earlier saying the Ducks would be in the fight for the playoffs and won't trade him. They are falling fast and a couple more losses before the deadline they will be in lots of trouble. They have play 58 games and are in 9th place Min and LA are right behind them with 3 games in hand
CBJ and Edm both have one game in hand they can't afford to lose or they will be sellers.

Old
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
bmah03

Now that Ana is looking more and more like the might miss the playoffs. Yes they are still close but they have to jump at least two teams. They are tied in 9th with Edm and only 1 point back of Min but they have played 2 or 3 more games than the teams they are chasing. They might still be able to catch CBJ. I was just wondering now if trading Phalsson is more of an option to the ducks than it was two weeks ago when they were fighting the Canucks for a spot?

Old
02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
He's still a 3rd line (yes elite) checking centre UFA... if the ducks want something in return they aren't going to get much more than that. Maybe a 3rd. But i doubt that.
You are undervaluing Pahlsson by a mile!
When he is healthy and on top of his game there is not a Center in the NHL that is a better shutdown center then Pahlsson.
That alone is worth a high prospect and a 2nd round pick if not a mid to late 1st rounder.
The Ducks won't trade Sammi because he is more value to the Ducks then anything they would get in return for him.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
You are undervaluing Pahlsson by a mile!
When he is healthy and on top of his game there is not a Center in the NHL that is a better shutdown center then Pahlsson.
That alone is worth a high prospect and a 2nd round pick if not a mid to late 1st rounder.
The Ducks won't trade Sammi because he is more value to the Ducks then anything they would get in return for him.
I agree with everything here but is Pahlsson having a bad year? His line is getting eaten up this year and is being badly outscored 5 on 5. Moen, Niedermayer and Pahlsson get the tough matchups every night but who's responsible for that lines sudden downfall?

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I agree with everything here but is Pahlsson having a bad year? His line is getting eaten up this year and is being badly outscored 5 on 5. Moen, Niedermayer and Pahlsson get the tough matchups every night but who's responsible for that lines sudden downfall?
im just thinking that it could be the small depth that Anaheim has in the backend.
You just cant expect Pronger and Niedermayer to play perfect for 60 minutes for every game.
Even just last year they had much more depth, that pretty much i believe attributes partially to the poor play of that line.

But back to this proposed trade. How much skill does Pahlsson actually have? If he was put in a top 6 role could he score 20-30 goals/ season

Old
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
ericnut

Quote:
im just thinking that it could be the small depth that Anaheim has in the backend.
You just cant expect Pronger and Niedermayer to play perfect for 60 minutes for every game.
Even just last year they had much more depth, that pretty much i believe attributes partially to the poor play of that line.

But back to this proposed trade. How much skill does Pahlsson actually have? If he was put in a top 6 role could he score 20-30 goals/ season
Absolutely not! He is very defensive minded. His value to the Ducks is so much greater than any other team (besides Burke's team). BTW, he has never had a 30 point season.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Absolutely not! He is very defensive minded. His value to the Ducks is so much greater than any other team (besides Burke's team). BTW, he has never had a 30 point season.
playing with the Sedins help pat your stats, go ask Taylor Pyatt or Jason King or Anson Carter

i dont doubt his worth to the Ducks, but they need picks or prospects to start rebuilding. and in this time of economic crisis with reports that Anaheim is trying to shed salary for next season

Old
02-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Jimgrayson

Quote:
playing with the Sedins help pat your stats, go ask Taylor Pyatt or Jason King or Anson Carter

i dont doubt his worth to the Ducks, but they need picks or prospects to start rebuilding. and in this time of economic crisis with reports that Anaheim is trying to shed salary for next season
Link please

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
muskiefish

Quote:

GM Bob Murray clearly said he wants NHL ready players not picks and he wants them young like the core of the team. Who said anything about shedding salary we have alot of $$$ for the off-season with 11 UFA's. they wont be shedding salary they will be trading Veterans for younger players to re-build around.

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote