HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-10-09 Avs at BJ's 5 PM MT

Old
02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
shipwrecked dani

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
So, what is our position??
Bent over with cheeks spread.

shipwrecked dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Mules
Ouch!

BTW guys... in their last 10 games, Avs were 2-8-0.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
chet1926

I'm really glad my rec league basketball game was tonight and I didn't have to watch this crap fest. Let me guess Budaj played like crap, gave up at least two soft goals. We played hard for like 20mins didn't find the net so we crapped out the rest of the game. We were probably 0-4 on the PP and gave up at least one PP goal. Am I right? If not I'm sure I'm close because thats how all of our games go.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time was the Ad during the BJs telecast featuring the online dating service for farmers! "Tired of chatting with a bunch of city slickers?"
I figured somehow you were misrepresenting the commercial in some way when I read this. I thought, "no way the commercial is that over the top."

I just got to that point in the telecast.

Unbelievable...literally, I'm dying of laughter over here.

Last edited by Ensane: 02-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
hockeyfish

Thankfully, I was enjoying 1/2 pound of snow crab legs and a 9oz steak for less than 9 bucks while this crap fest was happening.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
Mason is out...the guy whose name I can't spell is out with the flu. So we face a rookie (who beat San Jose). Rookies tend to be like Patrick Roy against the Avs
Good call!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:27 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Thankfully, I was enjoying 1/2 pound of snow crab legs and a 9oz steak for less than 9 bucks while this crap fest was happening.
humm i'm, in fort collins too, where is this deal located?

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
humm i'm, in fort collins too, where is this deal located?
Rafferty's in Greeley. It's kind of a dump, but the food is so good. Their Tuesday special is 2 1/2 pound snow crab legs and 9 oz Sirloin steak dinners for 16.99.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Ummm not so much. Instead of a quick rebuild, the organization was torn apart by 'hockey men' who had no business making those types of decision. Horrible trades sent this organization down to the NHL basement for 4 straight years.

- Dale Hunter for Alan Haworth, Gaetan Duchesne & 1st round pick (15th)*
- Peter Stastny for Craig Wolanin & Randy Velischek ?
- Michel Goulet for Everett Sanipass, Mario Doyon & Dan Vincelette ??

* The Nordiques were extremely lucky to pick Joe Sakic with the 15th pick. I bet the scouting staff probably wanted to draft Stephane Quintal instead. (picked 14th right before Sakic by Boston)

In 1989-90, the Nordiques had 31pts !! (12 wins) The next worse team had more than DOUBLE their points total! (Vancouver 64pts) <- So please excuse me if I don't cry a giant river for the Avs current woes.
The Avs dynasty was built from those trades. They started tanking after Hunter left and the collapse gave them three straight first overall picks: Sundin, Nolan, and Lindros. Lindros was traded for numerous vital parts, Sundin for Clark (who became Lemieux) and Nolan for Ozolinsh.

They'd pretty much peaked with Hunter/Stastny/Goulet there; they weren't going to win the Cup and maybe would have picked up one more divisional crown before the core started eroding with no good draft picks to fill the void.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2009...#comment-32878

right on AD

boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Rafferty's in Greeley. It's kind of a dump, but the food is so good. Their Tuesday special is 2 1/2 pound snow crab legs and 9 oz Sirloin steak dinners for 16.99.
nice....

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Rafferty's in Greeley. It's kind of a dump.
Greeley?

Oh yeah.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
I lost respect for Budaj when he made the comment that he knew he'd lose the starting position, but his comments about this game pissed me off, too:

"We had a tough start," said Budaj, who will be on the bench tonight when Andrew Raycroft gets the start at Minnesota. "The first period wasn't great for my team. The second period, we played better. The third period, the first goal I let in, I totally knew what (Murray) was doing. I was right by the post. That's it. It was one of those bounces that's disappointing because I felt great the entire night. I moved well, I saw the puck well."

translation: The team sucked, not me. I was great, except for bad bounces.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Ummm not so much. Instead of a quick rebuild, the organization was torn apart by 'hockey men' who had no business making those types of decision. Horrible trades sent this organization down to the NHL basement for 4 straight years.

- Dale Hunter for Alan Haworth, Gaetan Duchesne & 1st round pick (15th)*
- Peter Stastny for Craig Wolanin & Randy Velischek ?
- Michel Goulet for Everett Sanipass, Mario Doyon & Dan Vincelette ??

* The Nordiques were extremely lucky to pick Joe Sakic with the 15th pick. I bet the scouting staff probably wanted to draft Stephane Quintal instead. (picked 14th right before Sakic by Boston)

In 1989-90, the Nordiques had 31pts !! (12 wins) The next worse team had more than DOUBLE their points total! (Vancouver 64pts) <- So please excuse me if I don't cry a giant river for the Avs current woes.
Did you have to talk about that at all cost ? I did all in my power to forget that chapter in the history of the franchise .

If i ever suffer from alzheimer when i'll be old , i pray God that i wont be stuck in those years .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time was the Ad during the BJs telecast featuring the online dating service for farmers! "Tired of chatting with a bunch of city slickers?"
In CBJ HFBoards lore, those commercials are the good-luck charm that guarantee us a game. Because there's no other sensible reason why FSNOH would ever allow us to be so embarassed by 'em otherwise.

Personally, I prefer the one that has the farm animals chatting about whether or not their owners "will ever find love" ("not if they're hanging out with us all day...").

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The Avs dynasty was built from those trades. They started tanking after Hunter left and the collapse gave them three straight first overall picks: Sundin, Nolan, and Lindros. Lindros was traded for numerous vital parts, Sundin for Clark (who became Lemieux) and Nolan for Ozolinsh.

They'd pretty much peaked with Hunter/Stastny/Goulet there; they weren't going to win the Cup and maybe would have picked up one more divisional crown before the core started eroding with no good draft picks to fill the void.
You don't have to tell me something I already know. The problem was that they stunk it up way too much. There was no intentional TANKING here. When the closest other team has DOUBLE the points you have, you're not losing games on purpose, you just suck giant-monkey-balls and you CAN'T WIN!!! (You can't win, Rocky! )

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I lost respect for Budaj when he made the comment that he knew he'd lose the starting position, but his comments about this game pissed me off, too:

"We had a tough start," said Budaj, who will be on the bench tonight when Andrew Raycroft gets the start at Minnesota. "The first period wasn't great for my team. The second period, we played better. The third period, the first goal I let in, I totally knew what (Murray) was doing. I was right by the post. That's it. It was one of those bounces that's disappointing because I felt great the entire night. I moved well, I saw the puck well."

It is amazing that coaches "confidence" or aka "excuses" rubbed through players. Tony G talked about "bad buonces" after every losses and now the players using it as excuses.

Pathetic.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Methinks Budaj is watching too much McNab on Altitude.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:22 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
It is amazing that coaches "confidence" or aka "excuses" rubbed through players. Tony G talked about "bad buonces" after every losses and now the players using it as excuses.
Yeah, if the team says things like "we're not playing our system", or "the effort's not there", it's bad, but at least they're taking some ownership.

Bad bounces? Makes one wonder how low it can go. "The dog ate my homework"

So, have the players tuned out Granato already?

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
chet1926

Quote:
I live in Greeley and I've been to Rafferty's, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't touch their seafood, it will probably make you sick. On the other hand there are not that many places in Greeley I do trust so it should be ok I guess.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

Another champion quote

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Another champion quote
He's sounding a lot like Maxwell Smart to me...*clears throat*

"Sorry about that Chief....Would you believe I missed it by *holds fingers up one inch apart* that much?"

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Yeah, if the team says things like "we're not playing our system", or "the effort's not there", it's bad, but at least they're taking some ownership.

Bad bounces? Makes one wonder how low it can go. "The dog ate my homework"

So, have the players tuned out Granato already?

-AB
Has he ever even been tuned in?

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote