HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/10/09 "McCabe Says Hi, Again" - Maple Leafs VS. Panthers

View Poll Results: Who high fives for the win?
Panthers 20 90.91%
Maple Leafs 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I will agree that they should have played better against the Isles and Leafs in their buildings, but again, it's easier to 'impose your will' when you have a supreme talent advantage over teams like that(i.e. Detroit). We may have a talent advantage, but not a significant one. We peppered the Isles early on last week, and only had a 2-0 and then 3-1 lead to show for it, before it came close and then went down to the wire. Likewise, last night, we deserved to have the lead coming out of the first, but instead went down 1-0, then 3-1 going into the third. With the Wings, that doesn't happen if they're playing hard.

It also doesn't help when these teams "you should beat" are playing well at the time you happen to meet them, as was the case these last two weeks.
no question. i'm talking baby steps here. i know we played our game and played it well throughout the majority of the first and weren't rewarded. i'm referring specifically to the sag after that first goal. we got out of the period alive and got one early in the 2nd but the *immediate* response to adversity, especially against weaker teams is what i'd like to see improve. it's generally been ok against stronger teams but in games like last night, it seems the boys are saying "wtf? this is bs!" instead of bearing down right then and there. just picking nits...

Old
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
no question. i'm talking baby steps here. i know we played our game and played it well throughout the majority of the first and weren't rewarded. i'm referring specifically to the sag after that first goal. we got out of the period alive and got one early in the 2nd but the *immediate* response to adversity, especially against weaker teams is what i'd like to see improve. it's generally been ok against stronger teams but in games like last night, it seems the boys are saying "wtf? this is bs!" instead of bearing down right then and there. just picking nits...
Again, I just think they tried to bear down, but them bearing down is not like the Wings bearing down. I know where you're coming from, I'm just seeing it from a different angle.

Old
02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
harv3317

man, the cats pulled it out. i didn't think they nwould. AWSOME!!! vokoun saved our butt with a TREMENDOUS save in the last rush. good to see the boys step mup, but would like to see them impart their will earlier!!!!
GREAT COMEBACK AND WIN!!!!!!!!!

keep it up. each game gets bigger and bigger!!!!!!!

GGGGOOOOO PPPPAAAANNNNTTTHHHHEEEERRRSSSS!!!!!!!!

Old
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Again, I just think they tried to bear down, but them bearing down is not like the Wings bearing down. I know where you're coming from, I'm just seeing it from a different angle.
well, that is where i would disagree, then. yeah, us bearing down is not like detroit bearing down but us bearing down should not be 0 shots and little possession for the next 8 minutes of play, which is what happened. imo, it's a stretch to call our reaction after they got that lucky first goal bearing down, even for us i think they were a bit shocked and it showed. anyhow, no biggie.

Old
02-11-2009, 05:43 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Thoughts on the game:

1st period: great forecheck,backchecking hard by the Panthers forwards (I really liked the energy to start the game where it's been kind of erractic in games of late to start)

2nd period: I did not think much of it really ,energy started to dip

3rd period: When it was 4-1, I was like we are not getting the bounces tonight,should I keep watching...ya I guess I will. A goal that Horton got there could really wake him up in the goal column. I'm surprised Timmy got it off his stick,damn he is pissin me off with that no shot crap Pelts been getting drilled a lot of late,then gets a big goal.Way to go Warriorrrrrrr

A special ,special night for Zeds Will we bring him back? Hmmmm....

I love ******* the Lafs game after game like the Panthers have been doing of late

Old
02-11-2009, 07:10 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I "stream" it via DVI-D (computer end) - HDMI cable (tv end). 10m cable cost about 17euros. Quality is great too
I dont know if you have a ps3 or not, but you can get the hockey streams off the ATDHE site on it. Instead of having to stream off my laptop, I get it perfect on my tv through the ps3. This is great cause i get better sound now and get to watch it on a much larger screen.

Old
02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I dont know if you have a ps3 or not, but you can get the hockey streams off the ATDHE site on it. Instead of having to stream off my laptop, I get it perfect on my tv through the ps3. This is great cause i get better sound now and get to watch it on a much larger screen.

Wow if there is a way I could get it from my laptop to my tv. ,maybe record it somehow too when I'm out...no more CI. for me

Old
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
KWGoon

The Panthers-Leafs GDT on the Toronto site is hilarious, I was LMAO. The way their fans were amazed in 3rd that they might actually win but were then pulling for Leafs to tank at the end. I found they have a pretty good sense of humor about their team right now. Better than most.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

We had a great 3rd period but hopefully we can stop this falling behind and actually play that way from the start of the game. Great comeback win by the cats and for Zednik to score the goal that tied the game and the overtime game winner too 1year to the day that he almost lost his life was special. kudos to him for continueing to do what he loves!!!! He has really played well the last few weeks and is starting to find the back of the net again.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:20 PM
zeroG

Quote:
this is just using the built-in browser?

Old
02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
CanadianPantherFan

I'm watching HHockeyTalk right now on the art of the deflection/shooting wide of the net.

Got me thinking... who thought Boynton's missed shot that led to Horton's goal was on purpose? I think it was planned play.

Old
02-12-2009, 04:06 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
I'm watching HHockeyTalk right now on the art of the deflection/shooting wide of the net.

Got me thinking... who thought Boynton's missed shot that led to Horton's goal was on purpose? I think it was planned play.
I think that was Bouw who missed wide. We've seen him do that before, so it could of been.

Old
02-12-2009, 04:07 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
this is just using the built-in browser?
Yup, just go to the browser, then ATDHE.net, and most sporting events worked fine. I checked it out last night.

Old
02-12-2009, 06:09 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
I think that was Bouw who missed wide. We've seen him do that before, so it could of been.
Nah it was Boynton (assist on the goal). It was Bou type move though. Boy' is stealth,he fooled ya

Old
02-12-2009, 06:20 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Nah it was Boynton (assist on the goal). It was Bou type move though. Boy' is stealth,he fooled ya
Yea, I was just watching the replays, it was Nick. I dont think he tried to miss it on purpose, because he has a hard time hitting the net as it is lol. Maybe the team has picked up on that and play the puck off the boards instead off the goalie lol. And c'mon CPF...Boynton and stealth dont belong in the same sentence

Old
02-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:

I gotta watch the games with a headset anyways So it dont bother me. I wonder when they'll close ATDHE site. I heard ESPN aint happy

Old
02-12-2009, 08:32 AM
KWGoon

Quote:
Yea, I was just watching the replays, it was Nick. I dont think he tried to miss it on purpose, because he has a hard time hitting the net as it is lol. Maybe the team has picked up on that and play the puck off the boards instead off the goalie lol. And c'mon CPF...Boynton and stealth dont belong in the same sentence
Along those lines, I still don't understand why he got the 3rd star. I'm not complaining, just curious. Maybe they meant to say "Ballard" (who was an active +3 for the game and I thought our best D) - but made a mistake.

Closed Thread