HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not to quote the obvious...

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 10:04 PM
R A D I C K

vCash: 500
Not to quote the obvious...

...but this current road trip is HUGE.

If you look at the four teams fighting for the 6-8 playoff seeds and project the rest of the season with wins where they should win (against teams below them in the standings) and losses where they should lose (above them) then this is what it comes out to:

6. Calgary 94 pts
7. Nashville 91 pts
8. St. Louis 90 pts
9. LA 85 pts

Obviously that's not exactly how it's guarenteed to break down, but it might be close. Nashville's toughest stretch is going to be the next three games (Van, Edm, Cgy -- all on the road) and the last two at home against St. Louis and at Colorado. But those last two won't matter if they stumble in these next three.

Of the other teams LA has by far the worst schedule with EVERY game with teams in the playoff hunt (if you still count EDM as such). The other three have relatively similar schedules. The breakdown above gave each 12 pts after tonight.

But the other teams are streaking whereas the Preds might be cooling off. A win in Detroit would have been great and an OTL isn't going to kill anyone, but two games in a row where they lose the lead is a momentum killer for anyone. Not to mention the Preds tend to be 0 for March over the last few years.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:58 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by R A D I C K
...but this current road trip is HUGE.

If you look at the four teams fighting for the 6-8 playoff seeds and project the rest of the season with wins where they should win (against teams below them in the standings) and losses where they should lose (above them) then this is what it comes out to:

6. Calgary 94 pts
7. Nashville 91 pts
8. St. Louis 90 pts
9. LA 85 pts

Obviously that's not exactly how it's guarenteed to break down, but it might be close. Nashville's toughest stretch is going to be the next three games (Van, Edm, Cgy -- all on the road) and the last two at home against St. Louis and at Colorado. But those last two won't matter if they stumble in these next three.

Of the other teams LA has by far the worst schedule with EVERY game with teams in the playoff hunt (if you still count EDM as such). The other three have relatively similar schedules. The breakdown above gave each 12 pts after tonight.

But the other teams are streaking whereas the Preds might be cooling off. A win in Detroit would have been great and an OTL isn't going to kill anyone, but two games in a row where they lose the lead is a momentum killer for anyone. Not to mention the Preds tend to be 0 for March over the last few years.
I agree; we are going to need a better march this season the the last few years where we have crumbled down the stretch. So far, it hasn't been great; however, it hasn't been a horrible March neither. A few ties can go a long way. Just look at LA... they have a whole lot of ties. We are also past the most difficult part of the March schedule. Welcome aboard the boards.

Old
03-16-2004, 06:45 PM
R A D I C K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
I agree; we are going to need a better march this season the the last few years where we have crumbled down the stretch. So far, it hasn't been great; however, it hasn't been a horrible March neither. A few ties can go a long way. Just look at LA... they have a whole lot of ties. We are also past the most difficult part of the March schedule. Welcome aboard the boards.
Thanks, I don't usually post. I just like to watch. (Don't take that too far)

Closed Thread