HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs' Gm Burke: Could Be 'change Of Scenery' For Antropov

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
gmanwrx

vCash: 500
Leafs' Gm Burke: Could Be 'change Of Scenery' For Antropov

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2664...headlines_main

not saying this would happen-but..

-to nyr

ANTROPOV

-to leafs

prucha-under renny he will never play

Dawes

Kalinin

Old
02-10-2009, 12:07 PM
broadwayblue

how often do 3 for 1 trades happen?

Old
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Balej20*

I'm having a hard time understanding this love affair for Antropov.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
clmetsfan

Ugh, seriously people, we can't give up our crap and expect to get something of value in return. Antropov is a good player. He wouldn't cost the farm, but he'd cost a hell of a lot more than three fringe NHLers.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Well he would help with the goal scoring so if he can be had easy then go for it, however I am also not a big fan of his. He is a huge guy but he is very soft and plays with no passion, I guess with that said hell fit in well with this team.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
gmanwrx

but really it is just unloading room.. for something in the future... two for the player on that list have done thing for this team. the other one never gets a chance to play.
so if we can get one good player for the price of those three it would be worth it. we have nothing to lose. and it just a thread not saying it will happen...

Old
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Burke's not an idiot he will get a good return if he does trade Antropov. Hey let's trade Prucha, Dawes, a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut, and a 6 pack of Budweiser for Lecavalier that sounds fair right

Old
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
In The Flesh

don't want him

Old
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
but really it is just unloading room.. for something in the future... two for the player on that list have done thing for this team. the other one never gets a chance to play.
so if we can get one good player for the price of those three it would be worth it. we have nothing to lose. and it just a thread not saying it will happen...
But we CAN'T get one good player for the price of three worthless players. Brian Burke does not have the IQ of a chimpanzee.

It's an absurd proposal. Other teams would offer far more than three players no one wants.

Besides, Antropov is soft crap who won't do anything to improve this team's chances. We won't be able to re-sign him next season anyway.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Antropov

I like Antropov, but hes one in a field of 20 or 30 guys Slats could be pursuing. So to this point i's say any speculation is just that.

If this is going to be a thread though, I can see Dawes as a leaf, most other teams dont see a 22-23 year old small player with soft hands as useless, but we'd probly need to throw in a high-second or third round pick as well.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:36 PM
turcotte8

Is Antropov a UFA after this season?

Send them Gomez, if you can't re-sign Antropov cheap let him go. Gets rid of one of the bad contracts.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
The Thomas J.*

He might come cheaper than you think those comments outta burke aren't exactly brimming with confidence, Burke wan't Picks anyway, maybe a pick or two & we can give him Kalinin.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Is Antropov a UFA after this season?

Send them Gomez, if you can't re-sign Antropov cheap let him go. Gets rid of one of the bad contracts.

Yes he is.

Burke would never take Gomez...........Wait, would he??

Old
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Burke also said that they need to get 'bigger and tougher'. None of those players help them do that.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Burke also said that they need to get 'bigger and tougher'. None of those players help them do that.
Voros?

Old
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Thank you!!! I've said the same thing a few weeks back on a thread in the trade rumors section.

While Antropov has freakish size, his career best is 26 goals and 56 points. Rangers fans KILL Prucha, yet he's two years younger and has had more twenty goal seasons than Nik (2 to 1), despite having about half of the playing time. I would give nothing of value for him, but this is the NHL and by the trade deadline some team will.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Thank you!!! I've said the same thing a few weeks back on a thread in the trade rumors section.

While Antropov has freakish size, his career best is 26 goals and 56 points. Rangers fans KILL Prucha, yet he's two years younger and has had more twenty goal seasons than Nik (2 to 1), despite having about half of the playing time. I would give nothing of value for him, but this is the NHL and by the trade deadline some team will.
True, but if Prucha ever produces 26 goals and 56 points again in his career (I think his best points was 48) I will be shocked. The NHLhas figured out how to stop him, just like it figured out Roman Cechmanek.

Old
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
True, but if Prucha ever produces 26 goals and 56 points again in his career (I think his best points was 48) I will be shocked. The NHLhas figured out how to stop him, just like it figured out Roman Cechmanek.
I'm not saying that Prucha is better, I'm just saying that this fan base would rip it's hair out if Antropov was acquired. He's just as maddeningly inconsistent as Prucha, Dawes, Drury, Dubinsky, etc...

Part of the Rangers problem is the lack first line forwards. Antropov isn't the answer. Unfortunately, the Rangers are so capped out now and in the future, they won't be able to acquire one the easy way (free agency) if they don't get locked up before UFA status.

As far as Cechmanek goes, he was beastly for a couple of seasons, but the soft goals killed him.

Old
02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

How does Antropov make the Rangers better?He doesn't play to his size and went 14-15 games without scoring a goal.That sounds like most of the Rangers players.

Old
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Fletch

why would the Leafs want a UFA (Kalinin) and likely UFA (Prucha, unless his exorbitant salary is qalified) and Dawes (in other words, Antropov for Dawes). So a 20 goal scorer for Dawes...hmmm...and he plays on the right side...hmmm. I just don't know. He's had what, one or two decent NHL seasons and he's going on 30? The Rangers would have to resign the UFA to be, and the Leafs pretty much say he hasn't played well enough to do that. At the end of the day, he's a rental that doesn't vastly improve the team. Is it worth moving Dawes for that?

Old
02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
That's a terrible trade proposal for Toronto, for a player that really doesn't really do much for us as a team.

It's just pain.
Old
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Vitto79

Leaf fans are classic............just a few weeks back they wanted a 1st for Antropov........now their GM says he basically is going to be gondie

no way they get that high of a pick.........bottom line he is a big body that has scoring potential so yea the Rangers should be interested.......Burke says he wants size so not sure if we can stickem with Prucha........Kalinin no way for sure..........Dawes has some value so yea that would work but only if they take the little guy

Old
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I wholeheartedly believe that Toronot would take on one of our big contracts stright up for Antro. I wouldn't mind it at all.

Old
02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
I wholeheartedly believe that Toronot would take on one of our big contracts stright up for Antro. I wouldn't mind it at all.
Why would they?

02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
ranger120

Antropov is terrible. We have enough pylons already on our team. Antropov is not the answer!!

Closed Thread