HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice cancelled today..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
  #76
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 cupless years View Post
she's way younger in this picture, plus the picture is SHOPPED to hell.
spot on.


there is a video of her somewhere on youtube when she sings ''lets talk about sex baby '' ... saw in in a thread somewhere ... she mustve been 20-25 at the time , he looked freakin horny ... hahah


here... hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMwxa1pBSqE


Last edited by THE HOFF: 02-10-2009 at 02:42 PM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:32 PM
  #77
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
According to Habsinsideout the team still boarded the bus amd headed to parts unknown, but practice was cancelled.

I'm suspecting that they went off to do some sort of team build or bonding activity to lighten the tension and pressure in the dressing room.

Maybe they are all going shopping at the West Edmonton Mall for Phoenix climate clothing?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
  #78
Stone Cutter
Registered User
 
Stone Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
If we can come back to the damn topic.

Something's up here.

Something could happen today.

It makes no sense not to practice unless a practice would have shown something: IE, players missing.

In a situation like this, you want the players together.
Could be a few things for sure, such as:

- Team meeting with management and player only after

- coach change

- video sessions

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
  #79
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
HD technology is the single worst thing to happen to Machabée's carreer.

She used to be okay but she's creeping the hell out of me in HD.
That's got me thinking. I've got the TV but not the HD box. Should I?

How do Jessica Alba's pores look at that many pixels?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
  #80
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
This ones only about 90, and hot as hell.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
  #81
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
According to Habsinsideout the team still boarded the bus amd headed to parts unknown, but practice was cancelled.

I'm suspecting that they went off to do some sort of team build or bonding activity to lighten the tension and pressure in the dressing room.

Maybe they are all going shopping at the West Edmonton Mall for Phoenix climate clothing?
with hope.. with hope

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
  #82
38 cupless years*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Yes, that would sure help them. "Some fans"...
if a little lecavalier trade rumors can destroy the team chemistry, I imagine some fan discouragement might actually do something as well (good or bad, i don't care...they deserve to know that the fans are disappointed with their efforts AWAY from home).

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
  #83
38 cupless years*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
According to Habsinsideout the team still boarded the bus amd headed to parts unknown, but practice was cancelled.

I'm suspecting that they went off to do some sort of team build or bonding activity to lighten the tension and pressure in the dressing room.

Maybe they are all going shopping at the West Edmonton Mall for Phoenix climate clothing?
haha, damn...i should go to west ed to some...shopping myself. yes, shopping.

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
  #84
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
If we can come back to the damn topic.

Something's up here.

Something could happen today.

It makes no sense not to practice unless a practice would have shown something: IE, players missing.

In a situation like this, you want the players together.
Not really... it could mean anything.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
  #85
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
so, you think the players have to be shown the way to play a "system" ? what kind of system are you expecting ?

we don't even have the players to player to play a defensive system... so we can forget it. the best offensive system is to let the players use their damn creativity. they played hockey their entire lives i'm sure they know how to score goals by know. not a mediocre system where a player is forced to execute a play just to make rush we remove all their creativity. btw, have you ever wondered why there's no forwards coach in the league ?

the coach, carbo, has done an excellent job. when players makes mistakes, you can often see him on tv giving advices to players to make sure this mistake won't happen again. and that's the best way to teach offense.
Yes! Players need to be shown how to play a system. That's the coach's job! Why have a coach otherwise?

Look at NJ, or the Wild. They have very technical strategies and systems in place to maximize defensive coverage, minimize mistakes, keep shots to the outside, and be in the best position for breakouts. The Habs have none of this. Our defence runs around our own zone with no semblence of organization or structure. It's completely retarded. On teams with a system, you'll see each player play a certain role depending on who has the puck, where they are on the ice, what is happening at any given moment, etc...

Look at Detroit. The forwards don't dominate because they're just "good". They dominate because they have a system in place that makes the most of their speed and talents. Their breakouts are structured. They enter the zone and set up in a structured way. Look at the way the forwards enter the zone in Detroit...Depending on the order of who enters the zone, you'll see the players get set up into specific spots on the ice and start cycling. For example, if Zetterberg is F1 (first forward to enter the zone) he has the puck and does something specific. Then Datsyuk is the second forward to enter the zone (F2) and he does something else, and so on...Then, maybe next time they enter the zone, Datsyuk is F1 and Zetts is F2...Well, Datsyuk will do what Zetts did the first time, and vice versa.

It's not just chance. There's a complicated structure in place that the coach developped to make the most of what his players can do. It isn't just Zetts and Datsyuk being awesome and figuring out ways to score goals.

Yes, creativity comes into play, but it's all based around a system. That's why some players thrive on some teams and not on others.

The Habs have none of this. Every player seems to just do completely random things, like Kovalev who takes it into the zone, dekes twice and loses the puck. Where is the structure in that?

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
  #86
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
by your logic, teams don't need coaches because they already know how to play hockey.
No. What I said is that you can't teach offense. Like Michel Bergeron was once saying , tu peux apprendre à wayne gretzky de jouer défensivement, mais tu peux pas montrer à un joueur défensif de jouer comme wayne gretzky.

To your dmans, you can give them some instructions/rules to follow to your dmans like to go too far in the offensive zone, hit the plays in front of the net or things like that. You can tell you players to correct some problems in their games too... but carbo's not there to show them how to play. He's there to decide who plays, give them general instructions on the way they have to play and they have to execute these instructions like the abose examples.

As for the PP/PK , yes there are strategies. And they need work too, I agree.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
  #87
38 cupless years*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
i agree with waffledave, along with the inability to motivate his players...carbo has been unable to instill an effective system.

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
  #88
saints96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Jennifer Aniston is 40 and looks like this. Know tell me how good the other pic looks.

now thats a good-lookin woman

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:47 PM
  #89
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Yes! Players need to be shown how to play a system. That's the coach's job! Why have a coach otherwise?

Look at NJ, or the Wild. They have very technical strategies and systems in place to maximize defensive coverage, minimize mistakes, keep shots to the outside, and be in the best position for breakouts. The Habs have none of this. Our defence runs around our own zone with no semblence of organization or structure. It's completely retarded. On teams with a system, you'll see each player play a certain role depending on who has the puck, where they are on the ice, what is happening at any given moment, etc...

Look at Detroit. The forwards don't dominate because they're just "good". They dominate because they have a system in place that makes the most of their speed and talents. Their breakouts are structured. They enter the zone and set up in a structured way. Look at the way the forwards enter the zone in Detroit...Depending on the order of who enters the zone, you'll see the players get set up into specific spots on the ice and start cycling. For example, if Zetterberg is F1 (first forward to enter the zone) he has the puck and does something specific. Then Datsyuk is the second forward to enter the zone (F2) and he does something else, and so on...Then, maybe next time they enter the zone, Datsyuk is F1 and Zetts is F2...Well, Datsyuk will do what Zetts did the first time, and vice versa.

It's not just chance. There's a complicated structure in place that the coach developped to make the most of what his players can do. It isn't just Zetts and Datsyuk being awesome and figuring out ways to score goals.

Yes, creativity comes into play, but it's all based around a system. That's why some players thrive on some teams and not on others.

The Habs have none of this. Every player seems to just do completely random things, like Kovalev who takes it into the zone, dekes twice and loses the puck. Where is the structure in that?
There might as well be one, but players don't give a **** about it? How's that?

I just know one thing. If they wanted to mimic buffalo's system, they failed completely. Starting with the break-ins.

At this point, I think it's clear that Carbo is not able in the least to get the maximum out of his players. Last year the powerplay was great because we had the right elements and the tactics were good during the regular season (kudos to Jarvis), but when the playoffs arrived, teams finally found out how to annihilate it, and the word spreaded around this year. There were no successful adaptations made to solve the issue. That's the coaching staff job. But obviously, the players are accountable as well.

In sum, at this point, both of the coaching staff and the players are accountable and both will have to ****ing take a look at themselve in the mirror, swallow their pride and work it out. There won't be any miracles. Kovalev is not there to save the day anymore.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
  #90
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Yes! Players need to be shown how to play a system. That's the coach's job! Why have a coach otherwise?

Look at NJ, or the Wild. They have very technical strategies and systems in place to maximize defensive coverage, minimize mistakes, keep shots to the outside, and be in the best position for breakouts. The Habs have none of this. Our defence runs around our own zone with no semblence of organization or structure. It's completely retarded. On teams with a system, you'll see each player play a certain role depending on who has the puck, where they are on the ice, what is happening at any given moment, etc...

Look at Detroit. The forwards don't dominate because they're just "good". They dominate because they have a system in place that makes the most of their speed and talents. Their breakouts are structured. They enter the zone and set up in a structured way. Look at the way the forwards enter the zone in Detroit...Depending on the order of who enters the zone, you'll see the players get set up into specific spots on the ice and start cycling. For example, if Zetterberg is F1 (first forward to enter the zone) he has the puck and does something specific. Then Datsyuk is the second forward to enter the zone (F2) and he does something else, and so on...Then, maybe next time they enter the zone, Datsyuk is F1 and Zetts is F2...Well, Datsyuk will do what Zetts did the first time, and vice versa.

It's not just chance. There's a complicated structure in place that the coach developped to make the most of what his players can do. It isn't just Zetts and Datsyuk being awesome and figuring out ways to score goals.

Yes, creativity comes into play, but it's all based around a system. That's why some players thrive on some teams and not on others.

The Habs have none of this. Every player seems to just do completely random things, like Kovalev who takes it into the zone, dekes twice and loses the puck. Where is the structure in that?
Anyone who's played any level of competitive hockey with a system in place will be able to attest that you can have the best system in place, but if the players don't buy into it, it won't be successful. If one player on the ice doesn't play the system, it wrecks what the other 4 are trying to accomplish because they're not doing their share in the coverage.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
  #91
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Dany Dube saying that last night's meeting was requested by Saku...said it was more of a monologue to the team and the tone was high.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
  #92
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Anyone who's played any level of competitive hockey with a system in place will be able to attest that you can have the best system in place, but if the players don't buy into it, it won't be successful. If one player on the ice doesn't play the system, it wrecks what the other 4 are trying to accomplish because they're not doing their share in the coverage.
I agree. But the coach needs to make sure they buy into the system. And if they aren't buying into the system, they shouldn't be rewarded. Like Kovalev getting ****ing 20 minutes a night while he continues to stickhandle into the corner and lose the puck. Unless that's Carbo's system, in which case, we're boned.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
  #93
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Dany Dube saying that last night's meeting was requested by Saku...said it was more of a monologue to the team and the tone was high.
The team will get on track. Most of them have too much respect for Koivu to not take it in.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
  #94
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Dany Dube saying that last night's meeting was requested by Saku...said it was more of a monologue to the team and the tone was high.
That's good to hear the captain decided to finally stand up. I'm sure that's what Carbo wanted.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
  #95
kovaless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Let me find out what hotel they're in here in Edmonton, I'll go have a little chat with them.
Perhaps I can turn things around!

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:12 PM
  #96
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Dany Dube saying that last night's meeting was requested by Saku...said it was more of a monologue to the team and the tone was high.
But did he scream at them in french or english?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
  #97
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalicious View Post
Let me find out what hotel they're in here in Edmonton, I'll go have a little chat with them.
Perhaps I can turn things around!
Someone already posted the name of the hotel, and tell them I say HI

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
  #98
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But did he scream at them in french or english?
Dany Dubé told Michel Villeneuve at CKAC that Saku blamed him for the slump due to the Richards rumor and yelled a 7 second long CAWLISS DE TEBOURRSNAC

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
  #99
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears
 
Saint Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,941
vCash: 500
carbo is announcing that he and kirk muller "vont embarquer sur la patinoire"

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
  #100
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Dany Dubé told Michel Villeneuve at CKAC that Saku blamed him for the slump due to the Richards rumor and yelled a 7 second long CAWLISS DE TEBOURRSNAC
He's right,Saku should of asked for Richards agent's phone number since Villeneuve has it and calls him often!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.