HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kastsitsyn contract - new cba

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2004, 09:49 PM
  #1
F. Duchemin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Hilaire
Country: Canada
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Kastsitsyn contract - new cba

How do you think the possible lock-out and new cba could affect the decision to sign or not to come into North America?

I see lots of poster who see Kastsitsyn in the AHL next year and was only wondering.

F. Duchemin is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 09:55 PM
  #2
Moumni_Bachir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Duchemin
How do you think the possible lock-out and new cba could affect the decision to sign or not to come into North America?

I see lots of poster who see Kastsitsyn in the AHL next year and was only wondering.
Est-ce qu'il va faire un stage militaire lui?

Moumni_Bachir is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 10:00 PM
  #3
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
He will not be able to sign... due to a lock-out... so, we may have to wait a little longer.

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 10:00 PM
  #4
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,035
vCash: 709
www.chfans.com

There's an article about Kats saying he left CSKA-2 to go back to his country in order to play in an upcoming tournament. Tournament that includes really bad teams, I don't think he'll learn anything by playing there. I sure hope so he comes to play with us soon, he kinda lost all year being benched with the big club, and playing in sub-par tournaments.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 10:02 PM
  #5
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Est-ce qu'il va faire un stage militaire lui?
Non... a cause de qu'est-arrivé à Zherdev, il permettra Kast pour venir à l'Amérique du nord

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 11:17 PM
  #6
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Yes But we can still sign him during the Summer and make him play In the AHL Next year???

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 11:21 PM
  #7
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
i don't think so, no... as long as there's a lockout, there's no activity (no signings)

if there isn't a lockout, or as soon as it's done... kast will be signed and spend time in the AHL... unless he pulls a Zherdev and makes the big club right away

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 11:56 PM
  #8
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Duchemin
How do you think the possible lock-out and new cba could affect the decision to sign or not to come into North America?

I see lots of poster who see Kastsitsyn in the AHL next year and was only wondering.

The CBA has nothing to do with Kastsitsyn. The problem is the NHL/IIHF contract that expires this summer. Untill a new deal is done, no players can be brought over from any Euro league (that's my understanding). But a new contract should be done. The problem is Russia, who wants transfer fees to go up a lot, especially for 1st rounders.

I don't think it will be as bad as it seems, but it will most likely cost more money to bring over Kastsitsyn, but he'll be brought over if he wants to play over here next year. At the time of the draft he said in an interview that he may not come over for 2 years, but a lot of time has passed and money talks. Hopefully he's signed cause he's one of the most skilled prospects I've seen in the Habs organization.

I would guess and say it's going to cost around 1M to bring him over, as I can't see the IIHF holding up the NHL. (or I hope not) If he's brought over I would think he plays some in the AHL, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the NHL. Think a slightly bigger Perezhogin with more offensive skill and much less defensive skill as a starting place to get an idea of if he could play in the NHL. Actually I think when Timmins said Kastsitsyn was NHL ready, I disagree 100%. He is lost in his own end, sort of like Ribeiro when he was first in the NHL. But I've only seen Kasty twice, so my opinion means little. I just can't see him in the NHL, as he will have a tough time in his own end, but other then that, he's got the skating, speed, shot, passing to play in the nhl now. imo

montreal is offline  
Old
03-08-2004, 12:14 AM
  #9
tnq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He is lost in his own end, sort of like Ribeiro when he was first in the NHL. But I've only seen Kasty twice, so my opinion means little. I just can't see him in the NHL, as he will have a tough time in his own end, but other then that, he's got the skating, speed, shot, passing to play in the nhl now. imo
If his work ethic is good, he can improve it. But with the youngsters quality we have right now in Montreal. We can let him in junior for some years.

tnq is offline  
Old
03-08-2004, 04:52 AM
  #10
aHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
www.chfans.com

There's an article about Kats saying he left CSKA-2 to go back to his country in order to play in an upcoming tournament. Tournament that includes really bad teams, I don't think he'll learn anything by playing there. I sure hope so he comes to play with us soon, he kinda lost all year being benched with the big club, and playing in sub-par tournaments.
I think he made a right decision. He's obviously too good to play with juniors in CSKA-2 and while this upcoming tournament doesn't offer tough games (except the one against Norway) he will be playing with and against men, not juniors.

aHab is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 07:03 PM
  #11
paul99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, PQ
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
The CBA has nothing to do with Kastsitsyn. The problem is the NHL/IIHF contract that expires this summer. Untill a new deal is done, no players can be brought over from any Euro league (that's my understanding). But a new contract should be done. The problem is Russia, who wants transfer fees to go up a lot, especially for 1st rounders.

I don't think it will be as bad as it seems, but it will most likely cost more money to bring over Kastsitsyn, but he'll be brought over if he wants to play over here next year. At the time of the draft he said in an interview that he may not come over for 2 years, but a lot of time has passed and money talks. Hopefully he's signed cause he's one of the most skilled prospects I've seen in the Habs organization.

I would guess and say it's going to cost around 1M to bring him over, as I can't see the IIHF holding up the NHL. (or I hope not) If he's brought over I would think he plays some in the AHL, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the NHL. Think a slightly bigger Perezhogin with more offensive skill and much less defensive skill as a starting place to get an idea of if he could play in the NHL. Actually I think when Timmins said Kastsitsyn was NHL ready, I disagree 100%. He is lost in his own end, sort of like Ribeiro when he was first in the NHL. But I've only seen Kasty twice, so my opinion means little. I just can't see him in the NHL, as he will have a tough time in his own end, but other then that, he's got the skating, speed, shot, passing to play in the nhl now. imo
If there is a lock out, there is a serious possibility that there won't be any hockey played in AHL. Some NHL owners are so serious about the negociations they want to play that hard. This has been said by Guy Carbonneau. The reference is on HF pages.

I have seen Kastsitsyn play 5 games last year in Sydnet, NS. I would be very surprised, as you are, that he could already play next year in the NHL. I like him anyway.

paul99 is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 07:10 PM
  #12
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul99
If there is a lock out, there is a serious possibility that there won't be any hockey played in AHL. Some NHL owners are so serious about the negociations they want to play that hard. This has been said by Guy Carbonneau. The reference is on HF pages.

I have seen Kastsitsyn play 5 games last year in Sydnet, NS. I would be very surprised, as you are, that he could already play next year in the NHL. I like him anyway.

There will be a season in the AHL. I listened to an intereview that the president of the AHL did, and he claims that no matter what happens in the NHL next year, the AHL will be play their season. It better be true, as I am a fan of AHL hockey anyways, and try and take in a few games when I'm not working.

As for Kastsitsyn I've only seen him twice for CSKA and it was on tape, but I'd be shocked if he were in the NHL to start the season if there is one. First things first, he needs to be signed, then we'll see where he goes. I wonder if he will stay in Russia for another year or if he signs this summer. I hope he signs, as it would make a lockout much easier to go through, watching him in Hamilton.

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.