HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renney on Prucha

Old
02-11-2009, 02:31 PM
mti79

vCash: 500
Renney on Prucha

From Andrew Gross: http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...ucha.html#more

Sounds like Prucha may get a chance again soon but that Renney still has reservations about him.... not sure what to take from this.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Thats the most in depth reasoning ive ever heard from Renney on the Prucha topic and to me its silly.

Prucha isnt as versatile as Dawes? yeah, maybe by about 2 degrees. Dawes isnt exactly lighting it up either. Forget that comparison for a minute. Lets go back to Voros and Prucha. Renney states he wants size on the team and then goes into the point that its a product of the roster which is why he doesnt get the PP time he did in the past.

My response to that is, on more than one occasion Voros has been put in the lineup to bolster the size factor (against teams like the Ducks) yet he only plays 7 minutes and is in the box half of his shifts. How is that contributing to the game? He wasnt even playing, so he had no effect anyway... And its not like Voros has done anything on the PP by parking himself in front of the net... the PP sucks.

The Rangers need more offense, they are dead last in the NHL in scoring, maybe a player who can deliver more offense (and defense i might add, something no one ever talks about with Pruchas ability to backcheck and read plays coming back much better than Voros can) is more valuable to that type of team?... maybe?

That gives you every indication you need to see that Renney is trying to play a big mans game with the wrong roster. Hes got a bunch of smurfs playing a big game and he doesnt want to dress another one = wrong system.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'm not sure Renney is right or wrong, but I totally understand what he's saying. The team doesn't have enough size as it is, Voros crapping the bed isn't helping matters. You have to matchup well against teams with size or they run you into the ground.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You have to matchup well against teams with size or they run you into the ground.
While that is true, I don't see Voros being in or out of the line-up as the deciding factor in that.
So Renney's argument is idiotic.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
I'm not sure Renney is right or wrong, but I totally understand what he's saying. The team doesn't have enough size as it is, Voros crapping the bed isn't helping matters. You have to matchup well against teams with size or they run you into the ground.
One of the Rangers best played games of the year was against the physical Ducks in Anaheim and Voros played 7 minutes.

I dont buy that for a second.

When this team skates it doesn't matter.

Thats why his whole basis is all wrong. He plays not to lose. Hes so worried about what other teams bring, when he should be concerned about preparing his team to play the aggressive game that gets them two points.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:02 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
ok that settles it, you are related to renney. right?

nothing renney says make any sense at all. what he does makes less sense.

although voros has been in the lineup alot lately, hes been jerked around so much by tommy boy im not surprised at all that hes shown nothing. whats with puttin the guy on the 1st line one day and the 4th the next? wtf is that?

im sorry, voros isnt a difference maker when it comes to "matchin up" with any one. instead of matching up, he should be looking to try to score a goal occasionally. thats easier to do when your players are NOT skating backwards.

renney just needs to go away, its to a point now where hes just someone to goof on. pretty sad.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM
pavvento

[QUOTE=HockeyBasedNYC;17861258]One of the Rangers best played games of the year was against the physical Ducks in Anaheim and Voros played 7 minutes.

I dont buy that for a second.

When this team skates it doesn't matter.

Thats why his whole basis is all wrong. He plays not to lose. Hes so worried about what other teams bring, when he should be concerned about preparing his team to play the aggressive game that gets them two points.[/QUOTE]

IMO I think THIS is the biggest difference from the beginning of the season. We were playing good hockey when this team played to its strengths, and forced opponents to either adapt, or be beaten. For some reason we stopped playing to our strengths, and started playing to our opponents strengths or weaknesses.

It's impossible to sustain anything when you're playing to mirror the opposition, instead of forcing the opposition to mirror you.

To quote Herb Brooks "Play your Game!"

I understand the need to sometimes bulk up if a team is much bigger, but one guy isn't going to make a big difference, especially when that guy is Voros.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Mugless

This is the kind of thinking that gets you Hugh Jessiman instead of Zach Parise.

Mugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Fletch

Renney's full of it, or just stupid - so I'm going with full of it. It boils down to the opponent? So, the Rangers don't match well to opponents with Prucha in the lineup - and that's the case for weeks in a row, beginning with the third game of the season? So they match well for Voros - where's that getting Renney? They match well for Korps - where's that geting Renney? They match well for the versatile Dawes? How's that going for him. Heck, why does Orr match well against every team? Why doesn't Mr. Versatile Nigel Dawes go on a fourth line with Betts and Sjo, with Prucha playing elsewhere, and see what happens if he goes with a quicker fourth line against certain teams; one in which a winger can distribute the puck as well as any other centerman on the team? How's that for a switch when Dawes isn't producing?

I do believe Dawes handles the puck better. I believe he moves it better. I also believe that Prucha's around the puck more in the offensive and defenseive zones. I believe he's a better cycler and is looing to make a play and get involved more than Dawes. In the end, I can't tell you which has the better skill sets, so perhaps you go with the guy who you know what you'd get from instead of the guy who disappears too often.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
The Thomas J.*

It sounds like more politics than anything else.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:31 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

"he does have an offensive flair to him, no doubt at that. I do have concerns with his ability to sustain it."
Shear brilliance from the coach.....This whole freaking team has a hard time sustaining offense.

"I have concerns with the size of our team in general and our ability to play strong, big opponents."
Right so make sure you dress Orr, Voros and company against Carolina, Montreal (with no Laraque), Washington (with no Brashear), Pittsburgh or any other team that has little or no physical presence. Renney must think the opponent is Anaheim and Boston every night. Renney has an inflexible one track mind and is absolutely clueless to the changes around him.

We should have played bigger and tougher against the Devil's because when you're shut out bigger and tougher is the issue not scoring

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Poor Prucha....if only he scored during the 07 playoffs.....07-08 regular season.....08 playoffs....08-09 season...if only he used the ice time he was given and was productive with it.....in addition to ruining the entire franchise renney has singled out this poor player who has shown...just...so...much....

Renney gave an good make sense explanation as to why Prucha isn't playing.....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
BleedBlue4491

Sounds like Renney making up excuses so that he doesn't upset the Prucha fans.

His argument makes no sense. We don't have a lot of size, AND we're not scoring goals. I'd rather get my offensive talent going rather than putting a doof like Voros out there. Cause clearly its not getting us anywhere.

I like that someone quoted Herb Brooks saying, "play your game." I 100% agree. Renney is too scared of losing to try winning.

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugless View Post
This is the kind of thinking that gets you Hugh Jessiman instead of Zach Parise.
Agree... And agree with Fletch too.

If that is Renney's logic behind the situation then I really have a big problem with Renney.

Dawes can pass a bit better, but he doesn't have the speed to get to the puck or to EVER cause a turnover. Not only that, but Prucha has gotten better with his passing in my opinion. Prucha doesn't have as much weight as Dawes, but he throws it around more than Dawes by far.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:38 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
You guys should all get a place on fire island.

No sense in saying the same things over and over, you'll just see what you want to see.
All you do is make your snide comments about everyone else.

All due respect, Blue, I never see any formulated arguments that you stick to. At least i have a position on this that Im willing to discuss. All I see from you are insults and smileys.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:42 PM
shoothepuck

Tom is illogical, if he blames this issue on size. Someone who plays 7-10 minutes a game doesn't get "worn" down. Blake, Parise, St Louis, ect., lots of small guys play game in game out and log tons of icetime. In the article, Renney admits that Prucha has offensive flair, does/did well and can score goals on the PP, (even though at that time the team seemed better structured to Prucha's style of play). On the current team, one that's last in the league in it's ability to score, is horrible on the PP, and has no real solution to these current problems, why not use Prucha? When and if he plays, Prucha should at least sniff some PP time in the 7-8 minutes of icetime he gets every 2 weeks to try and prove his worth..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'm over talking about Prucha, when he's in we don't all of a sudden score 5 goals a game. There are much bigger problems at hand now.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm over talking about Prucha, when he's in we don't all of a sudden score 5 goals a game. There are much bigger problems at hand now.
The Prucha issue is one of the reasons there are big problems, and it has nothing to do with his play.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
All you do is make your snide comments about everyone else.

All due respect, Blue, I never see any formulated arguments that you stick to. At least i have a position on this that Im willing to discuss. All I see from you are insults and smileys.
Yeah, i don't play the game, ya know the one that goes back and forth on these boards everyday. Has anyone changed their stance? Renney is the coach, he explains it and people are still asking why. EJ Hradek posted a perfect article on the state of the team, and still you guys question why. Theres not alot to be gained by debating back and forth.

And of course, I do work, I wish I had enough time to post everything i think, but thats the beauty of this board, we have a good amount of unbias knowledgable hockey folk around here who tell it like it is and i agree or disagree instead arguing with people who are just upset and looking to vent.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Stoney La Rock

I'm calling BS on Renney.

It seems like there's been a personal issue with Prucha for quite a while now. Whether it's directly with Renney or with someone else in the organization, Prucha's definitely paying the price. The best thing that can happen to Prucha is getting dealt to another team. Any team. And, in classic Ranger style, he'll end up having a breakout season with the new team and everyone will wonder what the Rangers didn't see in him when they had him.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
drewcon40

Yeah but Voros brings a bit more "sandpaper" to the line up.

Too bad Renney needs more "sandpaper". If he needs "belly button lint", I'm you're man Tom!!!!

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:54 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I honestly don't think its all political or personal.

I think he honestly believes that this team needs more size and Voros is the answer.

Hes not a stupid man, he just has the wrong plan for this team. Hes trying to fit square pegs into round holes and Voros is one of his round pegs.

He fails to realize that Voros works against what actually works for this team.

Prucha came in and was beating guys to the puck and keeping a consistent forecheck going because he jumped in as the second and sometimes 3rd man deep in the zone. It became contagious and the Rangers actually played well in a few games playing that way, but Renney pulled the reins in once they let up a few goals resulting in a loss.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I honestly don't think its all political or personal.

I think he honestly believes that this team needs more size and Voros is the answer.

Hes not a stupid man, he just has the wrong plan for this team. Hes trying to fit Sather's square pegs into round holes and Voros is one of Sathers round pegs.
Fixed.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:57 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Yeah but Voros brings a bit more "sandpaper" to the line up.

Too bad Renney needs more "sandpaper". If he needs "belly button lint", I'm you're man Tom!!!!
Good one.

Old
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Fixed.
Youre wrong.

I think Renney had Sather go out and get Voros and Rissmiller because he needed more SIZE in the lineup. Something he always talks about. Doesnt matter who it is, bring in someone with size that can agitate and fill Averys shoes at the time and Voros fit the bill.

Why was Rissmiller casted off so quickly? Sather never publically admits to his faults so quickly by releasing a player.

Either way it doesnt matter. Voros sucks and hes still in the linuep. Do you agree with that? Id like to hear what you think about that please. Who would you rather have in the lineup and why? I never hear any concise argument from you.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 02-11-2009 at 04:06 PM.