HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renney on Prucha

Old
02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
We are in agreeance!!!!
The problem is who is that guy and how do we get him?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
The problem is who is that guy and how do we get him?
I think what you describe is exactly what I would like to see more of from Zherdev.

02-11-2009, 05:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think what you describe is exactly what I would like to see more of from Zherdev.
Yes, i feel that way too.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Fletch

I still don't understand the notion of moving a young centerman (Dubi) to wing and a young winger (Korps) to center. Personally, I think both have looked pretty bad in those respective positions, but that's besides the point. Seems as though many, including Renney, want to see Dubi develop offensively. Has anybody taken a step back and said that this kid may belong on a third line with third liners? His play for about 75% of the season says yes. He continues to have his boat floated by a guy like Zherdev; last season it was Jagr. Hopefully the kid gained all the confidence in the world, but right now, Zherdev belongs playing with Naslund, as Naslund is this team's best scoring left winger, and Zherdev is this team's best setup man. Gomez is their centerman, pretty much because he's useless elsewhere. Dubi's a third liner. Drury's a second liner who should be playing with the closest resembling second liners this team has. Korps is a third liner - would actually look nice next to Dubi. Cally's a third liner too, but this team doesn't have second line wingers. Dawes is a bench warmer, but must play second line winger by default because he just has to. On third line left wing? Let's go with what Renney thinks - either Prucha or Voros, depending on the opponent. Say no to Sjo on a third line - why mess up the fourth line?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Poor Prucha....if only he scored during the 07 playoffs.....07-08 regular season.....08 playoffs....08-09 season...if only he used the ice time he was given and was productive with it.....in addition to ruining the entire franchise renney has singled out this poor player who has shown...just...so...much....

Renney gave an good make sense explanation as to why Prucha isn't playing.....
Forget it.

We are fighting an uphill battle.

And this board has really gone down the toilet the last few weeks.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yeah me too, but even though i like Nick, he's got that Kovalev thing still, he'd rather make the nice pass instead of hammering it on net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I still don't understand the notion of moving a young centerman (Dubi) to wing and a young winger (Korps) to center. Personally, I think both have looked pretty bad in those respective positions, but that's besides the point. Seems as though many, including Renney, want to see Dubi develop offensively. Has anybody taken a step back and said that this kid may belong on a third line with third liners? His play for about 75% of the season says yes. He continues to have his boat floated by a guy like Zherdev; last season it was Jagr. Hopefully the kid gained all the confidence in the world, but right now, Zherdev belongs playing with Naslund, as Naslund is this team's best scoring left winger, and Zherdev is this team's best setup man. Gomez is their centerman, pretty much because he's useless elsewhere. Dubi's a third liner. Drury's a second liner who should be playing with the closest resembling second liners this team has. Korps is a third liner - would actually look nice next to Dubi. Cally's a third liner too, but this team doesn't have second line wingers. Dawes is a bench warmer, but must play second line winger by default because he just has to. On third line left wing? Let's go with what Renney thinks - either Prucha or Voros, depending on the opponent. Say no to Sjo on a third line - why mess up the fourth line?
We need a top 6 winger to balance out the rest of what your saying here. Dubi, Cally & Korpikoski could play the 3rd line, but we need to find guys for Drury on the 2nd.

Vinny Prospal, helps the 2nd line and is a good PP winger

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Fletch

I agree Bluenote...100%...seems that one person, albeit not a 50 goal scorer, would make a difference as it would allow players to play their roles better and play in their natural positions. Me, I'm all about roles and positions and believe Rangers coaches in the past (including Renney) have had tendencies to play guys out of their role and out of position to fit what they needed, which resulted in you know what, which is why I'm not for moving guys around - it makes me about as uncomfortable as it makes them.

Old
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Dubi looked great on the wing, it allows him to focus a little more on offense. Korpi should stay on the 3rd line, that's why I'm guessing it's Dubi on the 2nd line wing spot rather than Korpi...

It's not like these players forget how to play their "natural" positions. And IMO being a "natural" center, one has nothing to lose and everything to gain on the wing if they've got offensive upside.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Fletch

I guess we saw a couple different Dubi's. In his first game, his linemate, Zherdev, was all over the place (in a good way) and set him up numerous times and he proceeded to shank shots because he wasn't used to the puck coming across him as opposed to being a centerman and being on the other side most of the time. He had a hard time taking passes and he had a hard time being in position, gravitating to the center position too often. Not to be unexpected, but I thought the outing was horrible. His best chance came on the PP, to the goalie's left, which is his more comfortable position. The next game I barely remember. I think he got a point for touching the puck and I don't recall him getting off any shots. I also thought he may've been out of position again here and there, but I can't substantiate that. Yippee.

Bottom line, I thought he was pretty bad, played out of position, etc., but to be honest, I expected that because he's been a center all his life and 50-something games into the season they're asking him to move to wing. Brilliant. He's a centerman. He's a centerman who plays with size. Play him at center. If he's not producing, perhaps it's because he's not a goal scorer and perhaps he should be played to his potential and put in a role in which is better-suited for him now - and when he proves otherwise, decide what to do then - move Drury to wing - move Drury to wherever, I don't care.

Old
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Fletch

one other thing...what makes one think that Dubi has offensive upside? He doesn't seem to be a natural goal scorer. He seems best when he goes into the corner (the right corner) and slows things down and makes the passes. He's not great at that, but that seems to be what he does best offensively.

Again, perhaps he should be playing with Prucha/Voros and Korps and not on the wing or with Zherdev. He's been with Zherdev almost the entire season. His point total is OK, but I think you want more than a 40-point pace from a guy getting more than 16 minutes per game and playing with the team's top offensive player (two years in a row!).

Old
02-11-2009, 11:20 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugless View Post
This is the kind of thinking that gets you Hugh Jessiman instead of Zach Parise.
Also the type of thinking that lets Mike Green go by not once,but twice.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:49 PM
In The Flesh

I'm glad there are some pro-Renney people in here, makes for better conversation.

Voros > Prucha is just moronic

and Fritsche was too soft to even deserve a look, especially on this Charmin of a team.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Idiotic.

Once again Renney replaces Voros with Sjostrom on his line to get more speed...

It makes no sense when he has a speedy player in Prucha sitting.

Old
02-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Fletch

I wouldn't say Prucha is speedy, especially compared to Sjostrom. I will say that in the many games in which Prucha and Dubi have played together, they have shown great chemistry and the results have been quite good. Their styles complement each other well. I never have understood why Renney hasn't kept them together (with Prucha on the left). Both like to get in deep and cycle and Dubi creates space for Prucha and Prucha finds ways to get free. I've always liked that combination for a third line.

Old
02-13-2009, 10:09 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
You guys know that Immonen and Prucha are slow right?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 11:57 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
I wouldn't say Prucha is speedy, especially compared to Sjostrom. I will say that in the many games in which Prucha and Dubi have played together, they have shown great chemistry and the results have been quite good. Their styles complement each other well. I never have understood why Renney hasn't kept them together (with Prucha on the left). Both like to get in deep and cycle and Dubi creates space for Prucha and Prucha finds ways to get free. I've always liked that combination for a third line.
In comparison to Voros, hes a ****ing rocket.