HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dominic Moore

Old
02-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Standardly

vCash: 500
if a team gives up as little as suggested on these boards for that guy, that team is going to be really happy!

i'm a full out member of the leaf tank nation, therefore I hate having Moore on the ice. He is one of the very few good leaf players. In fact, he's been their best player this year.

The team that gets that guy for their 3rd line in the playoffs will be pleasantly suprised.

Get him off the leafs so we can tank!!!!!!!!

Standardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:08 AM
dougd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standardly View Post
if a team gives up as little as suggested on these boards for that guy, that team is going to be really happy!

i'm a full out member of the leaf tank nation, therefore I hate having Moore on the ice. He is one of the very few good leaf players. In fact, he's been their best player this year.

The team that gets that guy for their 3rd line in the playoffs will be pleasantly suprised.

Get him off the leafs so we can tank!!!!!!!!
Standardly,, I'm glad you're seeing the value I see in D Moore.

As a Hawk fan, he would be a reall nice pickup and would compliment D Bolland nicely.

Let's play GM..Give me a 1 week window to work out a new deal and you can choose between T Brouwer or the Hawk's own 2nd Rnd'r this year. Fair??

dougd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
You'd rather lose him to free agency than pick up a 4th or 5th. That's great asset management.
or maybe JUST maybe you resign him....? its so clear that your dislike for tor ruins your judgment, only a 4th for a player thats going to get about 60 points is a + player on a really bad team and can play in all zones and as for waver Sergei Samsonov, Ilya Bryzgalov, Mark Recchi, all pick up off wavers last year alone and Jason Pominville and Chris Kunitz were also put on wavers in the past so according to you Jason Pominville is only worth a 4th... ? ..

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
SFKingshomer

Burke wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd. He traded 2nd's for Sutherby and Parros

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Burke wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd. He traded 2nd's for Sutherby and Parros
Who was then traded for a long shot prospect + a 6th if Dallas re-signs him.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankPank View Post
get the fack out of here..you're leafs bashing isn't even funny nor original nor creative...at least try to be one of the 3.

To OP: 2nd rounder
Despite what you think, Moore is a fringe NHL'er. He wouldn't be on the top PP on just about any team besides the Leafs.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Despite what you think, Moore was a fringe NHL'er. He wouldn't be on the top PP on just about any team besides the Leafs.
Fixed it for you. He isn't playing top pp or top minutes for the Leafs on a regular basis. I don't know what this guy has to do to get some credit for his play.

grabo84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Despite what you think, Moore is a fringe NHL'er. He wouldn't be on the top PP on just about any team besides the Leafs.
He isn't even really on the top PP line for the Leafs. Despite that, Moore is not a fringe NHL'er. Almost any team would love to have a guy like him on their 3rd or 4th line after the season he's put together. No idea what is trade value is but my best guess would be a 2nd or B level prospect. IMO he is exactly the kind if guy the Leafs should keep for a few years if there is no trade offer that is an overpayment.

BeLeafer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
hashmarks

IF Burke let's him go, he is going to get more than most of you think.

He would be a GREAT addition to the jackets roster. He wouldn't cost them a first rounder, but he would be an upgrade over some (and when I say some I mean all) of their current centers. He is competitive, can score goals and isn't afraid to pay the price. He really seems to care when he is out there.

I would love to see Howson trade for this guy over and above Antropov.

For sure Burke will get a 2nd for him, and maybe even more. People are going to overpay for everyone at the deadline, just like normal, but maybe even moreso because there are so many teams still in the fray and guys who have players to give will just be shopping each offer they get.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
IBLeaf*

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd. And if no one wants to a pay that price, I'd resign him in a heartbeat. He has more value to us than some outside fans think.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
Standardly,, I'm glad you're seeing the value I see in D Moore.

As a Hawk fan, he would be a reall nice pickup and would compliment D Bolland nicely.

Let's play GM..Give me a 1 week window to work out a new deal and you can choose between T Brouwer or the Hawk's own 2nd Rnd'r this year. Fair??
I am happy dougd mentioned the Blackhawks. Dominic Moore would be the perfect center the Blackhawks need for their playoff run. The fact you are willing to part with a second round shows your valuation of Moore to be close.

For everyone else who is bashing Moore, just take a look at his situation with a horrible Maple Leafs team. The guy has the following stats:

GP G A PTS +/-
54 11 25 36 3

On top of that, Dominic Moore as a center has a 53.7% face off win percentage, which is 17th overall in the entire league. For a player who is put on a third line power play kill role that is quite a good asset to have. That is 17th best out of 120 centers in the entire NHL.

Here is the link to prove the faceoff point:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...eOffPercentage

There are teams who will have a need for a power kill center that can win more than half of the face offs he takes along with some scoring abilities. Dominic Moore can possibly fetch a second round pick, considering he only makes 900k and can fit on most teamís salary caps. The fact Moore is a UFA is even better for playoff teams that may not want to extend a contract after the playoffs.

Also, with Moore being 28 years old he still has time to hit his prime years and can only get better on a winning team. There are General Managers who see the upside in Dominic Moore, and Brian Burke has said that there is a lot of interest in Moore this year. Either Burke will resign Moore or sell him to the highest bidder.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
Thinking that Moore is worth a second is a classic case of fans overvaluing their own guys. He's a pending UFA and was a waiver wire pickup a year ago. I'm not sure Burke would be able to keep a straight face if he told a GM that it would cost them a 2nd (or more, according to some on this board) to get him.
He'll go for a 2nd or 3rd or he'll be resigned....but i don't see a big market for Moore, unless teams take a package deal for Moore + Blake,,,but i don't see that happening either.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:03 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
IF Burke let's him go, he is going to get more than most of you think.

He would be a GREAT addition to the jackets roster. He wouldn't cost them a first rounder, but he would be an upgrade over some (and when I say some I mean all) of their current centers. He is competitive, can score goals and isn't afraid to pay the price. He really seems to care when he is out there.

I would love to see Howson trade for this guy over and above Antropov.

For sure Burke will get a 2nd for him, and maybe even more. People are going to overpay for everyone at the deadline, just like normal, but maybe even moreso because there are so many teams still in the fray and guys who have players to give will just be shopping each offer they get.
Exactly,

Again (and i'm a leaf fan) I don't see a huge market for Moore, but i do think a few teams are going to need some help down the middle. And Moore will give a contending team a great 2nd-3rd line center.

The guy is super fast, he hits, takes good shots, has great on ice vision and can make the perfect pass...now he IS NOT a star, but a very well rounded player.

I think he gets a 2nd and could very well be a better deadline pick up than Antropov.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Realm

Correct me if I am wrong but he is a pretty good face off guy isnt he? I think he would be a good fit for the Oilers, he would be a bit of an upgrade over Marty Reasoner who they had. The Oilers have Horcoff as the only guy they can trust to take a face off, they need some help in that area for sure.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but he is a pretty good face off guy isnt he? I think he would be a good fit for the Oilers, he would be a bit of an upgrade over Marty Reasoner who they had. The Oilers have Horcoff as the only guy they can trust to take a face off, they need some help in that area for sure.

he is around 55% which is pretty good.

Old
02-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Quote:
Yes Moore is a good faceoff center. Read my post above, it shows you the link where he is 17th overall in faceoffs this year. He is a good penalty killer and a plus 3 rating on a horrible Maple Leafs team.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
Yes Moore is a good faceoff center. Read my post above, it shows you the link where he is 17th overall in faceoffs this year. He is a good penalty killer and a plus 3 rating on a horrible Maple Leafs team.
I think the Oilers should pick him up then if they can stay in the race, I think a 3rd would be fair all around.

Old
02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
I think the Oilers should pick him up then if they can stay in the race, I think a 3rd would be fair all around.

I'm curious why you think a 3rd would be fair. He was moved for a 3rd in 07 when he wasn't producing anywhere near what he is now. (both from a points and leadership persepective).

Old
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer11 View Post
I'm curious why you think a 3rd would be fair. He was moved for a 3rd in 07 when he wasn't producing anywhere near what he is now. (both from a points and leadership persepective).
Unrestricted at the end of the year, he was let go for nothing last year. I am not saying someone wouldnt give more, and I am not saying someone would even give a 3rd. I saw him play alot in Minnesota and I liked the guy, and he was waived on a team that he should be perfect for. The Wild dont have that many center's and faceoff winners, and know Lemaire you think he would be a guy he would love.

Old
02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Realm

And also he wouldnt be asked to score on many teams, he wouldnt have the chance to play in scoring situations elsewhere.

Old
02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
grabo84

He's a lot better now than he was in Minnesota though. Even comparing with his debut with the Leafs, he's been much, much better this year.

grabo84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Solaris

As a Leafs fan I'd rather just extend his contract than get anything less than a second round pick. Not saying he's worth one, but he just fits perfectly with this team, so I'd rather keep him.

Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
darty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd. And if no one wants to a pay that price, I'd resign him in a heartbeat. He has more value to us than some outside fans think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerWine View Post
As a Leafs fan I'd rather just extend his contract than get anything less than a second round pick. Not saying he's worth one, but he just fits perfectly with this team, so I'd rather keep him.
These. Plus what he has going with Blake is too good a thing to mess with for now. The two of them together have created problems for every team the leafs have faced recently. Re-sign him (which is likely. I think he enjoys being on the leafs, close to family in Thornhill).

darty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
The Wayner

I think he stays and re-signs. He's a worker, those are the kind you keep IMO.

The Wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

I would want to resign him, he has really been are most consistent forward.

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote