HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hawks/Panthers Opening 09-10 Season in Helsinki!

Old
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Sean Avery*

vCash: 500
Hawks/Panthers Opening 09-10 Season in Helsinki!

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ho...ry/901152.html

So where we meeting before the game ladies and gents???

EDIT: FOR YOU FINNS -

http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/20...70442_jk.shtml

Doesn't really announce it, but it says the Sharks/Flames WON'T be playing in Hartwall.

Last edited by Sean Avery*: 02-12-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Selanne08*

Panthers? Lame. Make it like the Caps or something.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Teukka

Hawks and Panthers? Seriously? Hawks and freakin' Panthers? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-

I'm not lying one bit when I say these two teams are the last ones I would have picked. Well, maybe the Islanders would be as lame as these two, but come on. Out of 30 teams, they somehow managed to pick the lamest. This is not going to be a sellout and the NHL will never start in Finland again. **** this.

Teukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teukka View Post

I'm not lying one bit when I say these two teams are the last ones I would have picked. Well, maybe the Islanders would be as lame as these two, but come on. Out of 30 teams, they somehow managed to pick the lamest. This is not going to be a sellout and the NHL will never start in Finland again. **** this.
Yep they aint the most attractive teams, but i'll be shocked if they dont sell 27,000 seats... remember, there is more than just Finns who will want to see it.

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Cono

Those games are sold out about 1 hour, i like that matchup.

Cono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:00 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:

The Islanders would've atleast had Bergenheim in a decently important role...

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:

I can guarantee you these games will be sellouts. Yes, the teams are pretty lame and not so popular among Finnish fans, but they are NHL games nonetheless.

I would definitely try to get tickets but I am not sure if I am in Helsinki at the time. Sucks.

Jeepers Creeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Humppaknight

Nice to see one of the Orginal Six team, but Florida... well it's NHL anyway.

Does anyone know when they start tickets sell?

Humppaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humppaknight View Post

Does anyone know when they start tickets sell?
23/3/09 at 0900 according to http://www.jokerit.com/index.php?id=87

Old
03-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Avery4Byng*

I might be in Helsinki during this time, will I have a hard time finding tickets closer to the games?

Avery4Byng* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
TweetyLeaf

Why in the hell all the *****ing about the teams ?
in terms of entertaining hockey atleast Hawks have been playing like madmens lately, its not 03-04 hawks or something like that, theres actually good players now.

One of the stupidest things we could have done is get 2 major dissapointment poorly organized boring nhl teams (with lots of finnish players) in here but we got orginal 6 team and ppl are complaining ? wtf ?

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:46 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery4Byng View Post
I might be in Helsinki during this time, will I have a hard time finding tickets closer to the games?
definately will have hard time finding tickets, or if you do they will be outrageously expensive.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Teukka

Quote:

Old
10-03-2009, 03:43 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Can you give me today's lottery numbers in advance? Now that would be impressive!

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Teukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Can you give me today's lottery numbers in advance? Now that would be impressive!
I could but then I would have to share the money with you and everyone else who would be superstitious enough to bet on those particular numbers

Old
10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Koistinen scores and gets the shootout winner yesterday.

Niemi gets a shutout today.

Nice weekend for Finland.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Jokerit Wasp

seemed like quite a few empty seats, even tho they were sell outs

Old
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Talentless Practise*

Well it was Florida-Chicago. Not a single superstar or a Finnish star on either team. And no, Jonathan Toews is not a superstar, Jonathan Toews is a "Who?".

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Well it was Florida-Chicago. Not a single superstar or a Finnish star on either team. And no, Jonathan Toews is not a superstar, Jonathan Toews is a "Who?".

While your perspective may be a bit different in Finland, I would have to disagree. Defenseman Brian Campbell and forward Patrick Kane are fairly highly regarded here in North America and Marian Hossa, had he not been injured, is also a fairly big name and Chicago as a whole is a very popular pick as one of the top teams after their series with the Red Wings last year.

As for Florida, while maybe not in the class of the Capitals, Penguins, or Detroit in terms of big names and high profile talent, the Panthers were one of the most improved teams a year ago and generally played an entertaining team game.

While not yet household names, forwards David Booth, Nathan Horton, and Stephen Weiss are some of the top young players in the NHL and Bryan McCabe is a high profile defensemen (admittedly, losing Jay Bouwmeester did remove some of the star appeal or the Panthers). I was a bit surprised that goaltender Alexander Salak didn't start at least one of the games in Finland. However, Thomas Vokoun is one of the NHL's best (though he struggled a bit last year). And it will be interesting to see if Clemmensen's numbers with New Jersey were just the result of playing for the Devils or if he can be a legitimate NHL goaltender on a nightly basis.

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Piscotta View Post
While your perspective may be a bit different in Finland, I would have to disagree. Defenseman Brian Campbell and forward Patrick Kane are fairly highly regarded here in North America and Marian Hossa, had he not been injured, is also a fairly big name and Chicago as a whole is a very popular pick as one of the top teams after their series with the Red Wings last year.

As for Florida, while maybe not in the class of the Capitals, Penguins, or Detroit in terms of big names and high profile talent, the Panthers were one of the most improved teams a year ago and generally played an entertaining team game.

While not yet household names, forwards David Booth, Nathan Horton, and Stephen Weiss are some of the top young players in the NHL and Bryan McCabe is a high profile defensemen (admittedly, losing Jay Bouwmeester did remove some of the star appeal or the Panthers). I was a bit surprised that goaltender Alexander Salak didn't start at least one of the games in Finland. However, Thomas Vokoun is one of the NHL's best (though he struggled a bit last year). And it will be interesting to see if Clemmensen's numbers with New Jersey were just the result of playing for the Devils or if he can be a legitimate NHL goaltender on a nightly basis.
Agreed on every single point. The Finnish Hfboards contingent (myself included) and the fairly large NHL-following on finnish jatkoaika.com hockey site could name all those players and know what they've done and accomplished and even how they play. But there aren't enough of us to fill an almost 14000 capacity arena. To do that you'd need Finnish star players and/or international hockey supestars. Only Marian Hossa of those players named at this point is an international hockey superstar and he didn't play.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote