HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-13-09 Canadiens at Avs 7 PM MT

Old
02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Canadien Fever

Av's Guite dreaming in bleu, blanc et rouge

Ok...is this the Rocky Mountain News or the Montreal press? I love having a storied, original six team come in as much as the next guy but seriously...the press is having a love affair with a team that is currently not worthy of standing in the shadows of its own legacy. Meanwhile the Avalanche continue to suck and the RMN writes nice stories headlining the visiting team instead of actually..you know...talking about or calling out the AVs for the defecation they continue to leave on ice.

I am so glad I'm watching an outdoor junior game tonight. Not sure if I could keep my head from exploding by watching Pete and Mike tonight. **** 'em all boys....**** 'em all. If you're gonna have McLoed on the first line might as well put either Lappy and McCormick with him. Tell them to hit everything that moves and fight everything that doesn't. Better bench Hensick and make sure that Tyler and Guite get to play in this one. After all...Guite grew up being a fan of the Habs.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
*LOL* As a fan I'm not sure if I want a win (fun for a few minutes) or a loss (good for the future.) The problem is...sometimes I wonder if the team wants to win or lose.

I don't mind watching losses if the AVs are playing their kids who have a lot of growing to do before they are capable...but we have too much of a mix right now and I'm worried that some of the kids like Stewart and Jones (who is injured) might begin to believe lossing is ok. I can only sympathise with a kid like Hensick...the team is sucking balls and he's being scratched left and right while watching Tyler "Ice Turd/Blackhole" Arnasson get minutes? Are the AVs really asking Hensick to be more like Tyler? Very confusing situation here.

Best thing to hope for tonight is that no-one gets injured...
I am a "bad fan", a "fair-weather fan", a "disgrace to the organization", etc, etc, etc.

I know what I want tonight -- and the rest of the year -- I want us to lose (games, not players to injury). This year we're not going to compete for the only thing that matters in hockey -- Lord Stanley's Cup -- so I want us to retool/rebuild for the future. So we can be King of the Mountain again (and soon).

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
TheAnalogKid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I imagine it will be a good crowd and there will certainly be several hundred Habs fans in attendance.

I'm going to the game, but I had an opportunity to go to tonight's CC/DU game (which I'll be taping instead). I'm sure I'll end up regretting it, but seeing Montreal in Denver is rare. It's one game that I go with my mom as she is from nearby Sorel and all my family up there are crazy Habs fans.
I know of one other guy, a fan of the Habs that plays on my men's team up in Greeley who is going, but I always run into other Habs fans at Pepsi.

My wife is wearing my Hejduk jersey tonight and this is the only game in which I don't cheer for the AVS.

I had family in Pointe Claire and Dorion that got me into hockey (and the Habs) long before the Avs came to town.

TheAnalogKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
TheAnalogKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I am so glad I'm watching an outdoor junior game tonight. Not sure if I could keep my head from exploding by watching Pete and Mike tonight.
Those two are the reason why I cannot stand watching ALT's coverage anymore...

Old
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Those two are the reason why I cannot stand watching ALT's coverage anymore...
Those two are sadly the ones making the calls inside of Denver area childrens minds today. Instead of "Super Joe" which I always hated...kids today are hearing "bad bounce" and learning to live with failure at a much younger age than they should. Please don't get me wrong, I don't expect every team the AVs ice to win the Cup much less even make the playoffs...but seriously...some criticism from the guys calling the game night in and out could go a long way in helping young fans better understand the game and be better players. The AVs do no-one a favor with their broadcasts...they only make themselves look like jack-*****.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 04:20 PM
TheAnalogKid

^^ Yes, I think they set the tone for NEW hockey fans in Colorado and frankly do not help us old school hockey fans in talking the sport to others in Colorado.

Old
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
shadow1

God, these games are hard enough to watch. Now we can't even watch them in color!?

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
God, these games are hard enough to watch. Now we can't even watch them in color!?
The black & white period (the 2nd) will likely be the only period the Avs make an effort...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Spool

Send a message via MSN to Spool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I know what I want tonight -- and the rest of the year -- I want us to lose (games, not players to injury). This year we're not going to compete for the only thing that matters in hockey -- Lord Stanley's Cup -- so I want us to retool/rebuild for the future. So we can be King of the Mountain again (and soon).
i think so as well, i'm just scared the organisation might take the wrong decisions at the next draft, and then we stay in the same **** as before.
So, trying to win games is maybe not that a bad idea

Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
shipwrecked dani

I'd prefer to watch this game in pure black.

shipwrecked dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
shadow1

This game is soooo less boring watching it on tsn. Unfortunately, it also reminds me how bad Altitude/all other coverage is.

Old
02-13-2009, 08:27 PM
shadow1

Willsie is clearly one of our best players. That's how bad this team has become...

Old
02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
This game is soooo less boring watching it on tsn. Unfortunately, it also reminds me how bad Altitude/all other coverage is.
And you can stand listening to Pierre?

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Kamzik

A little bit of history is being made tonight in Denver. With Jaroslav Halak at one end and Peter Budaj at the other, it marks the first time ever that two Slovak goaltenders have faced each other in an NHL game. Not surprisingly, it is a low scoring game so far. The better of these two guys will start for us in the Olympics.

I'm not sure if I am the only person that has noticed this, or cares. I'm sure it will make the Slovak newspapers.

Kamzik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
And you can stand listening to Pierre?
Even though he says alot of stupid stuff, he says alot of good stuff too. Plus he's always enthusiastic, so he's alright in my book.

Old
02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
quesosauce

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:35 PM
shadow1

Wow, big surprise, a five hole goal on Budaj.

Old
02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
A little bit of history is being made tonight in Denver. With Jaroslav Halak at one end and Peter Budaj at the other, it marks the first time ever that two Slovak goaltenders have faced each other in an NHL game.

I'm not sureif I am the only person that has noticed this, or cares. I'm sure it will make the Slovak newspapers.
I was wondering if that was the case.

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Was that five-hole?

Also on the PP after the whistle, anyone else see Hejduk pretty much run from Komisarek? Come on guys its okay to get a little physical even if you're a skill player like Hejduk.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:37 PM
PeterTheGreat

Five hole express strikes again.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:38 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Was that five-hole?

Also on the PP after the whistle, anyone else see Hejduk pretty much run from Komisarek? Come on guys its okay to get a little physical even if you're a skill player like Hejduk.
I saw it. He didn't run, he just backed off. Komisarek is an idiot; he always plays overly physical. There was no reason for him to slash Hejduk's stick that hard.

Old
02-13-2009, 08:40 PM
quesosauce

we let breezey score, **** this team

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shadow1

Sweet Maria. I have better lateral movement than Budaj.

I'm not even joking, I do.

Old
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Breezeby scores. Ex-Avs love scoring against their former team. Did Budaj even see that go in?

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:41 PM
NZewok

Any other ex avs out there to score on us? Seems every time they happen to score.

NZewok is offline   Reply With Quote