HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A must read: Francois Gagnon in La Presse

Old
02-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Kafka

vCash: 500
A must read: Francois Gagnon in La Presse

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ere-chance.php

Everything is there. I don't like what he writes usually, but he sum up everything there.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Doctor House

He's blinded by his hate for Kovalev - try Mathias Brunet - he has better articles.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:50 AM
HotHabsFan*

meh, all things that have been discussed by us apparent (know **** about hockey people) here at HF over the last 3 weeks.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:55 AM
kostitsyn1489

Yeah... I also think that trading Kovalev could help our other russian players more then it would hurt them. I dont want to talk about "clique" but when one of your close friend is mad, you are rarely happy.

We still have the same team that was on fire after 18 games... We can turn it around, but as i said even before the season and earlier this year. I keep Koivu, not Kovalev. I dont want to be right or wrong, but Koivu is more a player younger players can lookk at then Kovalev ever will. Also every players that played with him this year kinda slumped and I think ti says alot.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
He's blinded by his hate for Kovalev - try Mathias Brunet - he has better articles.
Is that the one who said Montreal had Hossa's gloves ready?

same old same old,nothing new from Gagnon,Go sens Go

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Kovy cannot give what he doesn't have. The same with Saku. Two old guys that have been trusted a NHL hockey team to carry and you would never see that anywhere else in the league except with the Islanders(with Guerin and Weight). If anything, in the last two years, the Habs overachieved with nothing on offense.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Haddock

Gagnon is right. Kovalev's an upcoming ufa and it doesn't seem like he'll be back anyway. Getting rid of hm before the trade deadline would produce a return instead of just letting him walk away plus it appears that it would be beneficial for the team.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:59 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Yeah... I also think that trading Kovalev could help our other russian players more then it would hurt them. I dont want to talk about "clique" but when one of your close friend is mad, you are rarely happy.

We still have the same team that was on fire after 18 games... We can turn it around, but as i said even before the season and earlier this year. I keep Koivu, not Kovalev. I dont want to be right or wrong, but Koivu is more a player younger players can lookk at then Kovalev ever will. Also every players that played with him this year kinda slumped and I think ti says alot.
according to Habsinsideout Kovalev only hangs with Lang, he doesnt hang with the Kosty brothers or Marky.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Gagnon is right. Kovalev's an upcoming ufa and it doesn't seem like he'll be back anyway. Getting rid of hm before the trade deadline would produce a return instead of just letting him walk away plus it appears that it would be beneficial for the team.
did you read what the scout said? Kovalev will not bring us back anything,max a 2nd round pick at best,probably just better to keep him and let him go after this season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
did you read what the scout said? Kovalev will not bring us back anything,max a 2nd round pick at best,probably just better to keep him and let him go after this season
A second round pick is what Gainey got for Huet and what it cost to get Lang. It's a lot betterthan nothing and the headaches Kovy is causing today.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post

Everything is there. I don't like what he writes usually, but he sum up everything there.
I swear I didn't write this... but he's spot on!!! Kovalev, OUT!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
according to Habsinsideout Kovalev only hangs with Lang, he doesnt hang with the Kosty brothers or Marky.
True, but the Bros said in interview that Kovy was giving them tips and all. They were looking at him and if he's unhappy and the whole team is against him, it makes it harder i guess.

Old
02-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
A second round pick is what Gainey got for Huet and what it cost to get Lang. It's a lot betterthan nothing and the headaches Kovy is causing today.
this

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
True, but the Bros said in interview that Kovy was giving them tips and all. They were looking at him and if he's unhappy and the whole team is against him, it makes it harder i guess.
Yes, which is the problem. Kovalev is a mentor for them. Look at their play now. While I attribute a lot of Andrei's lack of success because he's never put into a position to succeed from coach Carbonneau (No PP time, ATAK line, Higgins at center.. goes on).. But they aren't the same players they were last year.. both Andrei and Sergei are now prone to inconsistency and floating.. Kovalev is written all over them this season.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
3TB3*

he obviously defends carbo - even says last 3 coachs dismissed went on and did real well. however each of those 3 were professional head coachs. each had excellent past performance in junior hockey with young players of this era who now are nhl players.

this team not only kovalev has quit on gainey er carbo and his coachs system

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
LeMAD

People are mistaking overall talent with skills. Still, Kovalev is not the kind of player you want on your team because of his bipolar personality, and considering the "leadership" (looking fo a better word) he has on others. Kovy is the kind of guy people will follow, for better and for worse.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
TheCH*

Its funny how people think our most productive forward this year and our most productive player in this slump has made floaters out of the rest of the team. If any individual is slacking, then they are the ones in control of their body and nobody is accountable for them but themselves. They are all grown ass men!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

It's what I am saying since years !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Its funny how people think our most productive forward this year and our most productive player in this slump has made floaters out of the rest of the team. If any individual is slacking, then they are the ones in control of their body and nobody is accountable for them but themselves. They are all grown ass men!
No it's not funny.

Old
02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
It's what I am saying since years !
Me too, that's why I am happy to see an article resuming it entirely.

Kovalev would be a nice fit in a city looking for a talented player that could impress people with some moves... not for wins.

Old
02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
No it's not funny.
durrrr its a figure of speech.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I swear I didn't write this... but he's spot on!!! Kovalev, OUT!
Spot on?...

The guy pretty much puts ALL the blame on Kovalev, which is far from ridiculous.

You can't attribute all the success of a TEAM on one player, just like you can't blame one player for the lack of success.

Gagnon has always had it for Kovalev anyways..I'm not surprise to see him write this.

As if it's Kovalev's fault if the youngsters aren't playing well. I doubt he's telling them ''It's ok..you can play once every four games''..

Sure, I agree that Kovalev needs to be traded, because it'll give more importance to certain players and I think they'd step it up. But in no way is our bad play ONLY Kovalev's fault. That's foolish.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes, which is the problem. Kovalev is a mentor for them. Look at their play now. While I attribute a lot of Andrei's lack of success because he's never put into a position to succeed from coach Carbonneau (No PP time, ATAK line, Higgins at center.. goes on).. But they aren't the same players they were last year.. both Andrei and Sergei are now prone to inconsistency and floating.. Kovalev is written all over them this season.
Well he played with tomas and kovy, but it clearly didnt work and i dont want him to play wwith Kovalev at all, no matter who is the Center. He needs to control the puck.

It'a arguable, but his best streak was with Higgins and Plekanec. He had to make plays and control the puck on that line and he was on the right wing. He sees the play alot better on the right. Him and Plekanec had really good chemistery, Higgins wasnt too involved in the cycling, but h would forecheck well crash the net and make things happen. That said, all 3 players were doing good in that span and arent all on cold streak like this year.

I want Kostitsyn to take Kovalev's role next year. Left handed shot on the PP, playing on the right wing, have to make people around him better. Have his own line rather then be shufflled on anyobyd's line. He has to step up so it happens tho.

Old
02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Hate him or love him, he's the only player whos actually producing SOME points while we're slumping... but hey, OUT.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
3TB3*

too many of the players have quit on carbonneau and/or gainey- is it not obvious?

all these guys becoming free agents BECAUSE habs wont make a deal with them! then gainey doesnt completely shoot down rumors of possible lecavalier trade? then he says hi "BEST move" was signing carbonneau. kovalev signing was a gainey move - how do you think he felt when he heard it? kovalev sure tried hard in the ALL-STAR game.brisebois says lecavalier would be just what habs need. which means brisebois is saying a bunch of the other players on this team should be traded out which is the only way you can get lecavalier here. and other players hear that.

detroit won the cup? any of you been to detroit city? methinks montreal is a much much much much much better place to live. but detroit had no free agents to lose BECAUSE they resign them during the season. and then even added hossa to a championship team.

this team was playing well despite all those injuries then suddenly just before all-star game went into reverse as a backlash against gainey and/or carbonneau.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote