HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chipchura called up

Old
02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He'll need to improve a good bit in that area, but he appears to work hard and improve each year so I'm confident in him.
One thing that stood out to me during the last callup was his faceoff off work had improved, but it's obviously still not where we'd like it to be, NHL wise. From what I can gather watching the games + listening to Derek's post game stats, he's definitely a >50% face-off guy at the AHL level now, and he wasn't at this time last year.

It's also a skill where the learning curve will be sharper at the next level. I can't see a reason why more needs to be made of it at this point, until he's given a reasonable adjustment period.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

CKAC just said that Chipchura was suppose to come yesterday but had some problems with the flights, reason why he just came today. Didn't practice with the boys so they don't expect him to play tonight.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
One thing that stood out to me during the last callup was his faceoff off work had improved, but it's obviously still not where we'd like it to be, NHL wise. From what I can gather watching the games + listening to Derek's post game stats, he's definitely a >50% face-off guy at the AHL level now, and he wasn't at this time last year.

It's also a skill where the learning curve will be sharper at the next level. I can't see a reason why more needs to be made of it at this point, until he's given a reasonable adjustment period.
Yes he's clearly better at face-offs in Hamilton, or so it appears since I don't think the league tracks that stat.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Glad to see Chip's been called up. He's got something Plek's hasn't grown yet.....balls.

I hope he's with us for the rest of the year.
everything Chips has over Pleks in terms of balls he gives up in talent. You can make a case for Chipchura being the least talented player on the team. Then again Pleks hasn't contributed dick all this year so i'd take the untalented guy with balls over the guy with no balls who has talent but doesn't use it.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
everything Chips has over Pleks in terms of balls he gives up in talent. You can make a case for Chipchura being the least talented player on the team. Then again Pleks hasn't contributed dick all this year so i'd take the untalented guy with balls over the guy with no balls who has talent but doesn't use it.
LOL What are you talking about ?! Chipchura was floationg around on the ice while he played with the big club, making countless mistakes, turnovers and errors in his own zone, can't win face-offs to save his life, is completely useless offensively, is a non-factor defensively... on top of that he's slow as hell, didn't showed any grit and aggressiveness, plus he's ugly...

This guy will come back to Hamilton in less than two weeks...

Last edited by Erika: 02-13-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Kman777

I love having this guy up. He's great along the boards and good at relieving pressure in our zone without icing the puck. He's getting better at faceoffs, and is just generally reliable with the puck which is a relief with all the forwards we have. He's got a lot of strength too, a Kostopoulos with a bigger body and more hockey sense.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

About frickin time, I couldn't believe they didn't call him up after Lang's injury. He will heart and stick with the big club this time around. He has Heart and grit which this team is in short supply of.
Waive Begin, he doesn't hit anymore and his old injured body has caught up to him.

Jyroe Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 06:45 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Begin? Kostopolous? Laraque? Dandeneault?

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Mustafa*

We need guys like Chips right now. If he can be a solid number 4 center he might not see the interior of a bus ever in his life.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
LOL What are you talking about ?! Chipchura was floationg around on the ice while he played with the big club, making countless mistakes, turnovers and errors in his own zone, can't win face-offs to save his life, is completely useless offensively, is a non-factor defensively... on top of that he's slow as hell, didn't showed any grit and aggressiveness, plus he's ugly...

Wow.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Wow.
She's talking about Sergeď Kostitsyn.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:45 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
She's talking about Sergeď Kostitsyn.
Obviously.

Old
02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Wont make any differences!!!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Wow.
Well Chipchura should be back in Hamilton in less then 2 weeks since Pleks will be back after tomorrow so he might not even dress before going back down. He just needs to focus on making the team full time next year since he can't be sent up and down like he can now.

Hopefully he continues his good play in Hamilton and works hard this summer, ready to stick next year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

I don't post very often, but I think I may be speaking for alot of people when I say USE YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU POST. Sergei Kostitsyn is by far one of the worst (if not the worst) players on the team right now. The only reason you don't want "ugly" Chipchura playing is because it is very possible that it would Sergei's spot that he'd be taking tomorrow. Tell me, aside from Sergei "Useless Floater Who Is Clueless With The Puck" Kostitsyn, who do you like on this team?

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
I don't post very often, but I think I may be speaking for alot of people when I say USE YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU POST. Sergei Kostitsyn is by far one of the worst (if not the worst) players on the team right now. The only reason you don't want "ugly" Chipchura playing is because it is very possible that it would Sergei's spot that he'd be taking tomorrow. Tell me, aside from Sergei "Useless Floater Who Is Clueless With The Puck" Kostitsyn, who do you like on this team?
Sergei Kostitsyn.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:07 AM
CanadienErrant*

At this stage of their carreer, both Chipchura and S.Kost are AHL players at best. They have some skills but they are missing some essentials to make the NHL. A mixture of both would make a good player.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
At this stage of their carreer, both Chipchura and S.Kost are AHL players at best. They have some skills but they are missing some essentials to make the NHL. A mixture of both would make a good player.
Oh no, you didnt!

Old
02-14-2009, 11:25 AM
habdynasty

the habs have to trade sirgei softitsyn and fast... too small to be a force. he reminds me of Grabovsky useless.......

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Ryulink

It is not sergei kost. fault if he is playing bad lately. It is Kovalev fault. If we trade him Sergei will obviously play better! Kovalev is a bad influence for our youngs, a cancer.

Ryulink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryulink View Post
It is not sergei kost. fault if he is playing bad lately. It is Kovalev fault. If we trade him Sergei will obviously play better! Kovalev is a bad influence for our youngs, a cancer.
That would be a good start... But Habs management seems to refuse to trade him because he is sooooo popular in Montreal and they are selling so many jerseys (and stuff like that) with number 27.... They seem to prefer selling stuff than selling good hockey ! Charisma is not everything !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Begin? Kostopolous? Laraque? Dandeneault?
you could argue they are more talented than Chips.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well Chipchura should be back in Hamilton in less then 2 weeks since Pleks will be back after tomorrow so he might not even dress before going back down. He just needs to focus on making the team full time next year since he can't be sent up and down like he can now.

Hopefully he continues his good play in Hamilton and works hard this summer, ready to stick next year.
Heuh.. Dont you think the Lang injury may open a door for Chipchura with the big team and for the rest of the season? (Assuming there is no trade to bring another center)

You are in a better position to say how ready he is to help the big team since you see alot of Bulldogs games, but personally, I think its time he step in and contribute to make us win games.. We need him now.. If he isnt ready now, I wonder when he will be..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 01:16 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Heuh.. Dont you think the Lang injury may open a door for Chipchura with the big team and for the rest of the season? (Assuming there is no trade to bring another center)

You are in a better position to say how ready he is to help the big team since you see alot of Bulldogs games, but personally, I think its time he step in and contribute to make us win games.. We need him now.. If he isnt ready now, I wonder when he will be..
yep he can easily take the 4th center position and stick it. Why would he be going back down ? Who is going to play center ?

Koivu
Pleksygurl
Lappy
Chipper

i know it doesn't look good, but hey what can you do if BG isn't going to find another center.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
yep he can easily take the 4th center position and stick it. Why would he be going back down ? Who is going to play center ?

Koivu
Pleksygurl
Lappy
Chipper

i know it doesn't look good, but hey what can you do if BG isn't going to find another center.
Its looking better than any line-up having Higgins or Begin playing center..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote