Notices

Kiprusoff

Old
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 50
Kiprusoff

Kiprusoff has carried the Flames this season, He gets scored on by more ridiculous bounces than I've ever seen on another goalie and he makes at least 3 ridiculous saves a game. He plays 95% of the games has 4 more wins than any other goalie in the league, 4 shutouts and rarely rarely rarely lets in a weak one. Kiprusoff has been extroadinarily underrated for his elite level of play because his defence has been beyond brutal causing his stats to be a little off. and you can say he has a ton of wins cuz he plays every game but the games he wins is just it HE wins them. I hate hearing people rag about his play when he's been an absolute stud for the Flames this year and its not even playoff time where he really excels. So my question is...

Why is it that everyone still rags on him, even though he has the heaviest workload, the most wins and is only 3 shutouts back of the NHL leader?

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Lately very few rag Kipper as we all know he is like money in the bank for this team. He staretd God awful and let in tons of weak ones but since his bad start he is outstanding, arguably the best goalie in the NHL

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
TheGuardian

Because they look at his save percentage and GAA and start whining. But who cares?As long as we know he's playing well and as long as he gets us those wins, thats all that matters. IMO he is a favourite for the vezina this year.

TheGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Lately very few rag Kipper as we all know he is like money in the bank for this team. He staretd God awful and let in tons of weak ones but since his bad start he is outstanding, arguably the best goalie in the NHL
I didnt think his start was so terrible... It was a team wide brutal start but the reason for this thread was I just finished reading how Kiprusoff isnt ever going to live up to his contract and Im think what more do you want? does gaa and sp really mean so much that when he's is playing dominatingly well you cant see past your stats goggles lol.

Old
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Fan 4 Life

Arguably the best goalie in the league? Favorite for the Vezina? Have you guys watched any other goalie this season? Look around, he isn't even a top ten goalie let alone the best.

Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan 4 Life View Post
Arguably the best goalie in the league? Favorite for the Vezina? Have you guys watched any other goalie this season? Look around, he isn't even a top ten goalie let alone the best.
A Mod-edit: deleted.
B Just because the Oilers goaltending woes continue doesnt mean you have to Flame a team that has an absolute stud.
C He has more wins than any of your "Top Ten"
D He's doing it on one of the most underachieving defence corps in the league.
E The Oilers would give up half there lineup to get a goalie as clutch as Kipper.

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-14-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Playing mod
Old
02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
TheGuardian

Quote:
I'ma hockey fan not only a flames fan so yea I do watch other goalies. Arguably the best goalie in the league yes. Not even top 10? did you ever watch him play? Name me 10 goalies that are better in your opinon.

TheGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Mod-edit: deleted you saying he is not a top 10 goaltender is just as stupid... while he may not have a top end GAA or SV% it doesn't take into account the style of game played in front of him... it doesn't take into account that 3 of the 6 defensemen playing in front of him have yet to reach their prime...

Kiprusoff is on pace to lead the league in wins... regardless of sv% or gaa you never see a goaltender lead the league in wins who simply isn't a top 10 goaltender... since entering the league Kiprusoff has a won his teams 67.72% of the points available... he is on pace for his 3rd 40 win season in 4 full seasons (the other he had 39) as a starter... I'm sorry but to call him anything but a top 10 goaltender is either sheer stupidity or a severe case of jealousy

oh yeah and when was the last time the league leader in wins was not nominated for the Vezina?... if he leads in wins don't be so shocked to see his name on the ballot

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-14-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Flaming
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:43 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:

Have you watched Kiprusoff play this season? Or did you just look up stats like many others have and based your opinion on that? He's easily a top 10 goalie in the league.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

While he may not be "The Best" in the nhl which is an opinionated title, I would not take any goalie over him. No one IMO could pull the workload he does, win as much as he does and be so god damn humble about it. He rarely ever loses his focus, he's played more back to back games than anyone AND he never gets the props he deserves, he had 5 more wins than any goalie at the All Star break and wasnt invited so that Roberto Luongo could go... If he doesnt win Vezina this year I would be a little surprised.. Unless Mason wins then I wont be surprised cuz that kid deserves it just a little bit less than Kiprusoff deserves it his first season with the flames.

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-14-2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: qep
Old
02-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Dions shoulder

I think one of the main reasons he gets scored on by those weird bounces, is that he has asked the team not to block shots as much so that he can see the puck.

I would not be surprised if he is nominated, but I doubt he will win.

Dions shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
While he may not be "The Best" in the nhl which is an opinionated title, I would not take any goalie over him. No one IMO could pull the workload he does, win as much as he does and be so god damn humble about it. He rarely ever loses his focus, he's played more back to back games than anyone AND he never gets the props he deserves, he had 5 more wins than any goalie at the All Star break and wasnt invited so that Roberto Luongo could go... If he doesnt win Vezina this year I would be a little surprised.. Unless Mason wins then I wont be surprised cuz that kid deserves it just a little bit less than Kiprusoff deserves it his first season with the flames.
Luongo and Brodeur have pulled similar workloads for a longer period of time

Old
02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Luongo and Brodeur have pulled similar workloads for a longer period of time
Luongo Yes Brodeur no only because brodeur averaged around 16 spg for most of those season where Kipper averages over 30, An incredibly larger workload IMO.

Old
02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Luongo Yes Brodeur no only because brodeur averaged around 16 spg for most of those season where Kipper averages over 30, An incredibly larger workload IMO.
Brodeur has faced 2.12 fewer shots per game on average than Kiprusoff... do you regularly just make things up?

and just think Marty has been doing it 3x as long

Old
02-13-2009, 04:00 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
I didnt think his start was so terrible... It was a team wide brutal start but the reason for this thread was I just finished reading how Kiprusoff isnt ever going to live up to his contract and Im think what more do you want? does gaa and sp really mean so much that when he's is playing dominatingly well you cant see past your stats goggles lol.
You are preaching to the choir. I could not care about GAA or Save Pct. That is academic esp for fans of teams with lesser goalies. IMO the wins says all that has to be said.

Old
02-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Areid1990

If he brings his GAA and Save % down he can easily win the Vezina, Right now I wouldn't be suprised if he gets nominated but I think so far Thomas deserves it.

Kipper has played great and he has gotten unlucky a lot or his team just won't help him which really brings his stats down.

Areid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
I'ma hockey fan not only a flames fan so yea I do watch other goalies. Arguably the best goalie in the league yes. Not even top 10? did you ever watch him play? Name me 10 goalies that are better in your opinon.
Mod-edit: deleted., i live in Edmonton and i had three oilers fans try to argue that Kipper wasnt even in the top ten as well. When i asked them to list they threw out Manny ****ing Fernandez. Are you ******** me, Manny ****ing fernandez. Kipper is top 5 in the league, and his play is indicative of that.

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-14-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Flaming
superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Mod-edit: deleted., i live in Edmonton and i had three oilers fans try to argue that Kipper wasnt even in the top ten as well. When i asked them to list they threw out Manny ****ing Fernandez. Are you ******** me, Manny ****ing fernandez. Kipper is top 5 in the league, and his play is indicative of that.
Totally, the way he is playing with the solid lead in wins (even after a four game losing streak he STILL leads by 3)...

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-14-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
FLAMESFAN

I love how people like to say Kipper has regressed each year. True, his stats have gone down the last few years, but there was no way he would have stayed at that spectacular level from 03-04 (oh, why was there a lock out???), but he still remains a force. He has had a couple years of bad starts, but I'd rather thet happen at the begining of a year, instead of the end (ala Luongo, who also coincedently has had 3 consecutive years where his stats have dropped).
IMO, he still belongs up there with the best in the game.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
The biggest thing for me is Kipper is making that big save when it is needed. Look at all of our wins lately and in each game you could pick out a save that Kipper made that won us the game. Save on Kostitsyn, save on Ryan Jones against the Preds, save on Paille are just a couple examples. Sure his stats are down a bit, but anyone that actually watches the games can see that he is playing well and a big part of the flames success.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 02:36 PM
tsumetai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
You are preaching to the choir. I could not care about GAA or Save Pct. That is academic esp for fans of teams with lesser goalies. IMO the wins says all that has to be said.

I agree. If there was a way to have a stat that displays save % on high % shots, or save % on shots while the game is within 1 then I think that would be more indicative of a goalie's worth.

tsumetai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumetai View Post
I agree. If there was a way to have a stat that displays save % on high % shots, or save % on shots while the game is within 1 then I think that would be more indicative of a goalie's worth.
Kipper is 15-5-4 in 1 goal games this season... that translates to a .708 point percentage... that should say something about his play this season

Old
02-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Kostik20

you guys are lucky to have Kipper...he's one of the few consistent goaltenders in the league....

Kostik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Kiprusoff*

Mod-edit: deleted.

Last NHL season you said that he's one-season's-goalie, but now he came back. You did even say that Henrik Lundqvist is better than Kiprusoff.. how ridiculous.. and you said that Sweden is better hockey nation than Finland....?

Yes, that's true.. or it was true.. 70 years ago..

When I came to this forum.. I though that here are some real ice hockey man, but i was totally wrong.. All just talks ********, and knows anything about hockey.. Like I've never seen more than 15 full hockey games, and still I know better things what happens in NHL.

Here are like all 13 year-old little boys talking ********.. Now I'll go sleep.

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-18-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Offensive, Flaming
Kiprusoff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiprusoff View Post

Last NHL season you said that he's one-season's-goalie, but now he came back. You did even say that Henrik Lundqvist is better than Kiprusoff.. how ridiculous.. and you said that Sweden is better hockey nation than Finland....?

Yes, that's true.. or it was true.. 70 years ago..

When I came to this forum.. I though that here are some real ice hockey man, but i was totally wrong.. All just talks ********, and knows anything about hockey.. Like I've never seen more than 15 full hockey games, and still I know better things what happens in NHL.

Here are like all 13 year-old little boys talking ********.. Now I'll go sleep.
I'm kind of in shock... I don't even know where this came from... the only people bashing Kipper are opposition fans... the worst thing said by any Flames fan in this thread was from myself you said he wasn't the best in the NHL this season... and thats not a knock because I think he is a vezina candidate

Last edited by Snoil11: 02-18-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: qep